Heavyherbs First Grow

I hear you can "clarify" it again by re-steeping the butter in fresh water and it gets rid of most of the flavor, but you can definately taste it otherwise. I haven't tried it yet, so I can not verify. :smokin:

My provider had me make him a double strong batch from about 3 -4 oz in just two pounds of butter...my first time and wow I hated doing it so bad when it came to recovering the butter, squeezing nearly boiling hot liquid out of the left over plant material was anything but fun.

He and a friend made it after mine (they didn't like the strong taste of mine I guess) and never squeezed the plant material, just let it cool and took the hard top off and threw the rest away....don't you waste alot of the suspended butter in the plant mass? My stuff both tasted alot stronger and hit harder, but my provider used it in hot wings....way way way too much btw....and 4 wings had me so stoned I realized I had a roll in my hand but couldn't feel it or do anything about getting it out of my hand.....but it was all I could do to not throw them up. (I still have like 8 of them in the freezer he gave me at Christmas, they tasted that bad.)

I made brownies with some of the butter and they tasted pretty good to me, almost like a hint of mint or mentol or something. But was awful in the wings, so depends on the recipe probably. I get so longwinded when I get high...sorry but one more thought.

My wife had never never tried Marijuana before, but has seen the vast improvement it has made in my health and she has more qualifying ailments than me. She tried like 1/8 of a normal sized brownie...I kept thinking maybe I should see how strong these are, but the edibles I get through my provider from the largest dispensary in the area aren't much, just a gentle body buzz so I was thinking wth. I guess it had been a really long time since my first time and wow, one small brownie had me in a very strong clear almost overpowering high, my poor wife was almost tripping (couldn't sleep cuz she kept seeing a random picture show when she closed her eyes), I felt horrid. So if you have a low tolerance or none......be careful with edibles.

Fortunately she forgave me and just tried it again yesterday with a little drag on my vap, was much better for her, we talked and laughed, was good time. :cheer: She might try and get her license, not sure yet, but let me ask you this...if you can't put a glaucoma medicine in your mouth because it is toxic, how the hell can you put it in your eye? And our medicine reduces ocular pressure as a normal effect lol.....doctor's, sigh.

Wow, talk about ramble on.......:grinjoint: (Smokin a bat of my sick bud is the problem)

I am so glad your harvest came out so well, you should take pride (other than the dangers involved in pride.....sigh, still rambing...) in your harvest.

:peace: +rep when I can

Sorry, couldn't resist :) These are some cookies we made with butter from our vaporized leftovers!

IMG_02054.JPG

I've seen this pic before its awesome man those are sooo perfect! So was there still THC left in the vaporized weed???? I thought it used it all up!

You're very welcome H.H., and thanks ;).

There are so many journals here that I would like to read from beginning to end, but I work full-time, have a family, etc., and just don't have the time. I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talkin' bout.

BTW, my current grow is in the LED sub-forum. It's the hosted grow from 420Mag.

When you wrap the journal up, I would encourage and suggest that you list the important things you learned along the way.

It's your journal, of course, and I don't mean to impose, but if we all did that, I think it would boost our collective knowledge to no ends. We may not have enough time to read through a 50 or more page journal, but we sure could all learn from a nice summary of things learned at the end.

rock on H.H. ;)

Thanks man i will consider doing that, ill use your summary as an example to get a few ideas.....my grow was really simple compared to most grows in here tho....except for the spidermite infestation, all i did was give them water,fertilizer and a lot of light...I didnt even check PH or humidity. I think the most important thing was starting with really good soil (fox farm ocean forest) didnt need to fertilize for the first month or two...thats about it...oh and maybe the xmas lights helped a little bit LOL :cool:

I hear you can "clarify" it again by re-steeping the butter in fresh water and it gets rid of most of the flavor, but you can definately taste it otherwise. I haven't tried it yet, so I can not verify. :smokin:

My provider had me make him a double strong batch from about 3 -4 oz in just two pounds of butter...my first time and wow I hated doing it so bad when it came to recovering the butter, squeezing nearly boiling hot liquid out of the left over plant material was anything but fun.

He and a friend made it after mine (they didn't like the strong taste of mine I guess) and never squeezed the plant material, just let it cool and took the hard top off and threw the rest away....don't you waste alot of the suspended butter in the plant mass? My stuff both tasted alot stronger and hit harder, but my provider used it in hot wings....way way way too much btw....and 4 wings had me so stoned I realized I had a roll in my hand but couldn't feel it or do anything about getting it out of my hand.....but it was all I could do to not throw them up. (I still have like 8 of them in the freezer he gave me at Christmas, they tasted that bad.)

I made brownies with some of the butter and they tasted pretty good to me, almost like a hint of mint or mentol or something. But was awful in the wings, so depends on the recipe probably. I get so longwinded when I get high...sorry but one more thought.

My wife had never never tried Marijuana before, but has seen the vast improvement it has made in my health and she has more qualifying ailments than me. She tried like 1/8 of a normal sized brownie...I kept thinking maybe I should see how strong these are, but the edibles I get through my provider from the largest dispensary in the area aren't much, just a gentle body buzz so I was thinking wth. I guess it had been a really long time since my first time and wow, one small brownie had me in a very strong clear almost overpowering high, my poor wife was almost tripping (couldn't sleep cuz she kept seeing a random picture show when she closed her eyes), I felt horrid. So if you have a low tolerance or none......be careful with edibles.

Fortunately she forgave me and just tried it again yesterday with a little drag on my vap, was much better for her, we talked and laughed, was good time. :cheer: She might try and get her license, not sure yet, but let me ask you this...if you can't put a glaucoma medicine in your mouth because it is toxic, how the hell can you put it in your eye? And our medicine reduces ocular pressure as a normal effect lol.....doctor's, sigh.

Wow, talk about ramble on.......:grinjoint: (Smokin a bat of my sick bud is the problem)

I am so glad your harvest came out so well, you should take pride (other than the dangers involved in pride.....sigh, still rambing...) in your harvest.

:peace: +rep when I can

Mountain! I always enjoy reading your ramblings, there is always a lot of good info in there and i appreciate it, thank you! :cool:

We wern't so strict when it came to vaporizing it 100%.

From what I know, clarified butter is butter without the milk fat solids. When you melt butter and let it sit, the "white stuff' that settles is that fat. Just poor off the clear butter on top, and this has a shelf life of months, compared to weeks of regular butter.

We wern't so strict when it came to vaporizing it 100%.

From what I know, clarified butter is butter without the milk fat solids. When you melt butter and let it sit, the "white stuff' that settles is that fat. Just poor off the clear butter on top, and this has a shelf life of months, compared to weeks of regular butter.

hey can you put the cannabutter in the freezer???:cool:

hey can you put the cannabutter in the freezer???:cool:

It's probably better to make clairified butter with it, considering that the extreme cold wouldn't do the thc any good. THat way it can be stored at room temperature for months. Try reading about clairified butter or "ghee" as they call it.

mmm. Ganjaghee.

my wife made cannabutter peanutbutter cookies they were really good but eight of them is tooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL as I found out later
DSC06645.JPG

DSC06646.JPG

my wife made cannabutter peanutbutter cookies they were really good but eight of them is tooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL as I found out later
DSC06645.JPG

DSC06646.JPG

LMFAO
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
..Sorry i remember one time i ate so many canna cookies I threw up my cookies..
:ganjamon:

Those look delicious, I can tell your wife is a good cook. :cheer:

:peace: (Warned ya about edibles:smokin:)

Thanks man she is a fantastic cook (you can tell if you saw my waistline) and yes you did try to warn me LOL

Heavyherb is The Cookie Monster!! Yummmm :laughtwo:

Gotta love the cookies!!! :cheer:

Great work with the medibles heavyherb.

I can't think of the cookie monster anymore without this guy popping into my head.

121405-family-guy-cookie-monster-vi.jpg

I wish I could see it but the link doesnt work

LMFAO
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
..Sorry i remember one time i ate so many canna cookies I threw up my cookies..
:ganjamon:

Hahahahaha tooo funny man, I got up to take a leak and I was staggering around kinda like i was drunk LOL :ganjamon:

OK I posted a new Pets of 420 thread check it out click here
enjoy and please post pics of your Pets too! :cool:

Nice grow you had HeavyHerb. I was looking at your setup and I imagined each pot resting on a Lazy Susan that is connected to a motor that slowly spins it around. Should be buildable and would give nice, even coverage to your plants. Keep up the good work HH.

Nice grow you had HeavyHerb. I was looking at your setup and I imagined each pot resting on a Lazy Susan that is connected to a motor that slowly spins it around. Should be buildable and would give nice, even coverage to your plants. Keep up the good work HH.

wow thats a great Idea Munki, I just turned them by hand a 1/2 turn every 2 to 3 days, but it would be really cool to set something up like that to turn automatic....I,ve got some clones im trying to get growing from the last girls and will prolly start another grow journal soon...thanks for stoppin by dude :cool:

Back
Top Bottom