Hey Noob and crew....I will posting new pics today. Im debating on starting my flush for the AK47 as I feel she is close. A LOT closer then this Sour Diesel thats for sure. I took a sample bud from the AK and im going to let her dry up for a day or two at the top of the tent so it doesnt stink up the place. Check back later for current pics. Oh im also going to trim up some of the fan leaves that are blocking all the lower growth. I think im going to lean towards a selective harvest with this sour diesel. I'll aim to harvest the tops which are ready via jewelers loupe method gunning for 50/70 milky white with a tad of amber.

:peacetwo:;) just messin around cmay....ya eh...my math was never strong either!:Namaste:

Ah come on man I know you are. I have thick skin and held my own with one the most vicious group of ball busters known to the job. It was basically a free for all even the rules which are only (wife and kids are off grounds) didn't apply to this group. Hence why it was one of the worst to work at, In my experience.

Update performed just for you Noob..... =)

Today i went straight water that was Ph'ed for both plants. The AK47 is smelling awesome like fruity lemons and the Sour is just well stinking up the whole place lol. She smells like skunks basically.

The AK is just about done. I spotted some ambers on the top coala but none on the other main top. She has been through a lot and she has been flowering for 62 days at this point. Im starting her flush today and will see how the trichomes progress in the next few days before i take her down.

The Sour Diesel got a serious trimming today as she was just over powering side and under growth. Im not sure if this is true but since she was "tacoed" aka Nute burnt "would taking off excessive growth help that now since she has a little longer to go? Im running her now with straight water from here on out. Would that be a good idea or bad? I would think since she is soo green and had nute burn that she possibly can have what she needs to finish out with just plan water? This is where I get dangerous just assuming things with the little knowledge i have.

These are few shots of the Sour Diesel day 62 of 12/12.

Those hairs sticking right out the top of the bud,, do they retract and when if they do is that a good indicator of close to being done?

image12518.jpeg

Isnt that pretty but oh well. As long as she gets the job done.

image12520.jpeg

Here is one the AK47, 62 days 12/12.

image12523.jpeg

Group Shot. Now i know what you mean VI when you said its not as big as it seems. When i looked at my pic on here I said that looks like a huge tent. Mind you folks its 2x3x5' lol

Look at the bottom of this picture to see more of the AK47. Those two coals are her main and only two tops. Im guessing i only topped her one time maybe two. I topped the sour a lot more because i heard she gets tall.

image12524.jpeg

Another group shot with AK47 at the bottom photobombing hahahaha

image12522.jpeg

Oh here is another shot of the coals on the AK47 with the Sour Diesel poking its bud in over on her side of the tent. She got so big that the AK was over taken by SD.

image12525.jpeg

So there you have it my nute burnt sour dee and heat stressed AK47. Yes we are a dysfunctional family :ciao:

All suggestions are welcomed please help a fellow 420'er

It happens cmay. When we just harvested 2 of ours, there were some toasty leaves from the heat. I think we were afraid to over water that we were under watering. It sucks not knowing what they could have been. You are getting really close. Depending on what type of high you are looking for is when you should start the flush. Keep it up! :passitleft::lot-o-toke::party:

Some More Updated pictures with the light off.

These are some 40x zoom using my jewlers loupe. They are all of the Sour Diesel.

image12554.jpeg
image12548.jpeg
image12551.jpeg
image12552.jpeg
image12549.jpeg
image12553.jpeg
image12550.jpeg

Here are a few of SD.

image12557.jpeg
image12556.jpeg
image12560.jpeg
image12554.jpeg

A few Of the AK47 (sample bud drying now)
Tha not so pretty coala is the one that hit the light when i was changing water out about a month ago. She was resting right on the glass of a 145w led for a good 20 mins before i noticed it.
Soon after that she got all pale, dry, and limp. She recovered somewhat but it hurt her for sure.

image12564.jpeg

image12559.jpeg

Saved the best picture for last...

image12523.jpeg

Question for anyone...Im using plan water at this point and it was PH'ed yesterday at 5.7 and today they both jumped to 6.5. What would do that and why if its just plan water?

Thats all for now folks.....

During this phase of watering there is nothing needed to do but not over water. PH in soil is going up in late flower, my tap is 7.5 to 8, and it is fine. Your plant will finish flowering fine. Great colors in your tent. Your sour and AK look good, it all looks good.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Miller my man im using hydro with dwc not soil. Im thinking it was the maybe the water that was left on the roots?

If you are trying to flush it doesn't matter. In fact it kinda helps to get out of the nute mobility range if you want to prevent absorption. But usually this is not so much an issue.

I am thinking the res is agreeing with my gut which is these are not ready for the flush. These girls are still growing and in a bit they would be less hungry and you can lower the ppm slowly then.

What should the ppm be at this stage VI. You think I should just add a light dose of nutes and let em go a little longer?

In an ideal system that would be at about 500-600. What was your peak at before you were burning?

How long have you been in Bloom? if you have like 3 weeks left you should still be running nutes. Hydro can flush nutes in like 48hours.

I had them up to 1000ppm for a week or two but mainly ran them between 7-900 during bloom. They been flowering for 63 days at this exact point VI. I'm so confused as to what to do now. The AK47 is I feel ready and where I want her with cloudy clear Amber trichomes. The sour isn't near ready though.

So should I give the sour some more nutes but on the light side? What should I give her out of this line up I'm using? I know not the veg nute, but what about the others as don't they have nitrogen in it as well?

image462.png

:hmmmm: ? :hmmmm: ? :hmmmm: ? :hmmmm: ? :hmmmm: ? :hmmmm: ? :hmmmm: ? :hmmmm:

Well first off no need to panic. You have great plants. You just need to coast them into to a soft landing.

I have posted a chart for you man times showing the feed schedule for a typical plant. It shows about 800PPM as the max. I have personally run up to 1300 ppm no problem. So I understand how (and that) you can do that. That said you don't need to and should try to avoid that.

You want it as low as you can go without inhibiting growth.

The system that chart was made from is very efficient at delivery so you can run the concentration lower.

But you don't go from max to nothing. That isn't right. The plant goes through a life cycle. just like all annuals. is dies off naturally in the fall. The plant is very efficient. It is designed to give all of its energy to the flowers and then when it is done it gives just a little more and then it dies if it can't breed. You want to get it all the way to just before it is going to die. To do that you have to take it through fall where it is still very healthy and happy but it stops taking up nutes and starts living off the stored up nutes. The leaves turn yellow like they should in fall.

The point of Veg is to grow a root system and leaves large enough to support the plant size you want in bloom. So you grow the veg as long as you need to then grow the bloom the right size. Once you start bloom the actual yield is set and all you can do is reduce it from then on.

So all of this takes some knowledge to time correctly. But in the end if you time it correctly you don't have troubles like this. It takes a few runs at any one strain to nail it correctly so don't beat yourself up.

If you look at that chart you will see that after it peaks you spend the last few weeks bringing it down. (I do that with slow top offs that are diluted less then the res.) Then at the end you can run it "clean" for 48 hours and then go into the dark period for 48 hours "clean" and then harvest.

But that is all in the last week. Now if you want to harvest now fine. It is your call. I don't think from the last pictures that she looked finished.

Can you drop us some fully body shots? With the lights on is fine.

If you can't get all the way in close enough to read the trics then it is better to have a look at the overall physiology. You may still have 1/3 more weight to go.

How many weeks have you been flowering?

They have been flowering for 63 days and tomorrow makes officially 9 weeks to the day preciously. VI.

The most recent shots with lights on.

Top Canopy View......All of sour D

image12576.jpeg

Side view

image12575.jpeg

Side View Sour Diesel.

image12574.jpeg

Ok I did what you said and gave them a little nutes. The AK47 wilted from yesterday and looks all saggy in her leafs right now.

Wait did my stupid ass take the wrong pictures? Did you want to see them close up with the loupe via the cell phone pics like this mornings?

Update:

A few days after not having any nutes in the plants i put in a light dose for both yesterday. The sour diesel hasnt skipped a beat but the AK47 took a nose dive. She basically became limp and dry so im not sure if i should just cut her down?
She has been flowering for 64 days......Any adivce??? Do i let her go longer or she is already a goner....

image12650.jpeg

Very Limp and some dried leafs...... =(

image12650.jpeg

Did I F&CK this up at the very End?

image12649.jpeg

Ok so that's the AK. I sampled a bud I took from her a few days ago. Did a air dry,oven, micro combo dry type thing the last two days..... Anyway the smoke tasted not so great but after two inhalations I was feeling the pain go away and was very impressed with how strong she is. She as of now for judging by the sample popcorn bud, BLOWS away the Sour Diesel sample bud. But this is not a fair comparison right now bc i sampled the sour a week or so ago.... ;)

She might just be telling you she's done. I like a touch of couch lock so I let mine go long and usually end up with burnt ends and everything looking like h*ll. :rofl: If you're liking the effect there is no time like today. :) I just chopped SJR, my sour crack that I grew in croutons. First thing I've not killed in a soil style grow.

You might be right Rifle,,,,Im going to let her go a few more days as whats the rush whatever is done is done and not leaving her in a few more days will hurt anything that i can think of. Unless there is something i dont know about that can change things by leaving her a few more days.

Most places and sites i read say AK is pretty quick and i been flowering her 9 weeks to the day and she isnt an auto but i guess is telling me she is done. I can say that the last 2 weeks i noticed her leafs starting to lose color and appear on the limp wilted side. So perhaps at week 6 she know what was coming :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom