First Time Grow - Advice Welcome

Little update on things here. Everything seems to be good, but I wonder if they will continue to grow.?? they are shorties aprox. 1foot 3 average... Im starting a new light schedule 11on/13off week by week until I get to 8on/16off.

Have a good week everyone.
IMG-20130401-00901.jpg
IMG-20130401-00898.jpg

Hello 420
-This question is for all you experts out there, Will a Hermaphrodite plant ever define sex? And one more question, If castrated the male sex on a hermaphrodite, will it continue to grow female?

thanks a lot

Im not a expert on Hermaphrodites by anymeans but i know if i got a herm it would be out right quick.

Only thing that i have herd about herms that interest me is that the seeds that are produced are said to be how you make feminized seeds, and may benefit someone who would want to create seeds, mostly being female.

But over all they look nice, iv only dabbled with clones untill recently started seeds so ill be watching your journal to measure progress for sure good so far man!

:goodjob:

Don't worry about size, you've spent time building the fram for what coming, buds ahoy.
Do you have a link to or info about that hash maker? And what is it that looks like lime jello steeping on the stove top?
I think your plants look great, leave em alone for a week, just check once in a while for awhile. Patient, you are just getting going.

Thanks for the comments. Yeah I guess I'm a little anxious they still have a month to go. About the hash I made it using pure alcohol followed this video. Making Killer Hash!!!! Marijuana Cannabis Weed 420 Hash Oil 0-0 DANK!!!!! pt. 1 - YouTube
But I did it my version. Using my 2 males, so the hash oil is not that potent.

Don't worry about size, you've spent time building the fram for what coming, buds ahoy.
Do you have a link to or info about that hash maker? And what is it that looks like lime jello steeping on the stove top?
I think your plants look great, leave em alone for a week, just check once in a while for awhile. Patient, you are just getting going.

Thanks for the comment

The hermi I have, I've been checking for abnormal balls if I see one I don't trust I cut it off. But 90% is growing pistils all over... Im not really interested in seeds, so I hope this plant stays a female...

Im not a expert on Hermaphrodites by anymeans but i know if i got a herm it would be out right quick.

Only thing that i have herd about herms that interest me is that the seeds that are produced are said to be how you make feminized seeds, and may benefit someone who would want to create seeds, mostly being female.

But over all they look nice, iv only dabbled with clones untill recently started seeds so ill be watching your journal to measure progress for sure good so far man!

Thanks for the comments. Yeah I guess I'm a little anxious they still have a month to go. About the hash I made it using pure alcohol followed this video. Making Killer Hash!!!! Marijuana Cannabis Weed 420 Hash Oil 0-0 DANK!!!!! pt. 1 - YouTube
But I did it my version. Using my 2 males, so the hash oil is not that potent.

Im interested in CO2 Hash that stuff is good, it doesnt leave behind bi-products such as butan and alchol do that are harsh when you burn it

Give it a try. Just be careful all these methods use extremely flammables solvents. I used butane and alcohol and both are super strong...
there is an Ice method too...
Im interested in CO2 Hash that stuff is good, it doesnt leave behind bi-products such as butan and alchol do that are harsh when you burn it

yep yep all thos are the normal ways to extract they just started using CO2 because it leaves the material easier and doesnt leave behind metals like butane and alcohol does, ice is good to just need more product to make it worth while.

Im definitely gonna try this CO2 method.

yep yep all thos are the normal ways to extract they just started using CO2 because it leaves the material easier and doesnt leave behind metals like butane and alcohol does, ice is good to just need more product to make it worth while.

how was the hash btw? and if you miss just one or two balls late into the grow its not terrible but early on could result in a decent bit of seeds

Hash was decent but not enough thc on those 2 males to have super good hash. And I have to work on the evaporating part of the making process, the hash had that alcohol taste. Still it was a decent first try. At least the house didn't blow up... And thanks for the info on the hermis, I'm cutting a few balls now and then but the plant is filled with pistils...

Hello to all the Pros and newbies (myself) here is my friday update 420.

First I have to thank all of you that actually read and give opinions, thanks to all the pros that help out and give advice. Lot has changed during the week, girls are getting FAT and frosty. They just hit their puberty LOL. I've been doing this light schedule 11on/13off I'm changing on monday one more hour of darkness... Also been hitting them with a higher Nitrogen diet, then regular Co2 once a week. I'm thinking that is I supercrop more light will reach the lower parts that really need more light. WHAT IS the best way to get light on those bottom leaves? If I suprecrop will I lose a week of growth while they repair them selfs?

so Here's the garden got some good pics hope you enjoy.

TGIF peace

DSC020083.JPG
DSC020072.JPG
DSC020062.JPG
DSC020054.JPG
DSC020044.JPG
DSC020033.JPG
DSC020013.JPG
DSC020004.JPG
DSC019994.JPG
DSC019973.JPG
DSC019961.JPG
DSC019951.JPG
DSC019942.JPG
DSC019932.JPG
DSC019921.JPG
DSC019913.JPG
DSC019902.JPG

Just a Quick Update
This is how things a looking this monday morning. Bud Heaven, Lots of buds growing, average height 1ft.5, today lights go out one hour earlier so 10on/140ff. Watered and fixed the lights.

I think my jamaican mystery seeds are Sativa dominant, Not sure which are the BC mango mainly Indica at 80%... Made the mistake of not labelling my plants.

Enjoy.

DSC020231.JPG
DSC020101.JPG
DSC020093.JPG
DSC02027.jpg
DSC020163.JPG
DSC02014.JPG
DSC020241.jpg
DSC020221.jpg
DSC020201.jpg
DSC020192.jpg
DSC020183.jpg
DSC020174.jpg
DSC02015.jpg
DSC020133.jpg
DSC020112.jpg

Just a Quick Update
This is how things a looking this monday morning. Bud Heaven, Lots of buds growing, average height 1ft.5, today lights go out one hour earlier so 10on/140ff. Watered and fixed the lights.

I think my jamaican mystery seeds are Sativa dominant, Not sure which are the BC mango mainly Indica at 80%... Made the mistake of not labelling my plants.

Enjoy.
DSC020112.jpg

Looking good man! keep up the green thumb, thing you might be interested in because you are working in small space, look up LST (low stress training) there are many types that can help you keep the plants shorter AND get more buds : ) and who doesnt like that right?

Over all looks good just super tall and lanky, if you do some type of LST you will have some killer plants my freind!

Looking good man! keep up the green thumb, thing you might be interested in because you are working in small space, look up LST (low stress training) there are many types that can help you keep the plants shorter AND get more buds : ) and who doesnt like that right?

Over all looks good just super tall and lanky, if you do some type of LST you will have some killer plants my freind!

Thanks for the comment, as this is my first grow ever I'm trying all the techniques possibles. If you have a link with this useful LST that would be great. I'll do some research about it. I did have them tight up around the longer leaves and stems hoping they will go up looking for light. How much would you think this grow could give?

thanks

you could get up to 1 oz per plant but its hard to tell atm lot that can happen in 2 months for sure, i would try to stop them from climbing and trying to get them more bushy, i have alot of lst techniques on my page for sure bending has been my main go to recently.

you could get up to 1 oz per plant but its hard to tell atm lot that can happen in 2 months for sure, i would try to stop them from climbing and trying to get them more bushy, i have alot of lst techniques on my page for sure bending has been my main go to recently.

I think I understood the technique, so this is how it looks like now. Lets see what this week brings out of them...

LST
DSC020322.JPG
DSC020314.JPG
DSC020302.JPG
DSC020284.JPG

GREAT JOB!!! thats whats up man you hit the nail on the head! :goodjob:

Thats just what you wanted to do that is going to make your plants confused as hell and wont know which node is the main cola and start mking ur stuff go nuts man, dont do it yet but look at bending techniques, there lil harder but if you mix both tech you can get some strong stems and that makes your plants grow thicker dencer buds man : )

Keep them up ill try to keep up with you so i can help when able : )

GREAT JOB!!! thats whats up man you hit the nail on the head! :goodjob:

Thats just what you wanted to do that is going to make your plants confused as hell and wont know which node is the main cola and start mking ur stuff go nuts man, dont do it yet but look at bending techniques, there lil harder but if you mix both tech you can get some strong stems and that makes your plants grow thicker dencer buds man : )

Keep them up ill try to keep up with you so i can help when able : )

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I feel like a pro now. LOL

So how long do you suggest I keep them in LST?

Back
Top Bottom