First Time Grow - Advice Welcome

you can leave that on them for aslong as u grow them, you can add to them, or let them go if other branches pass that one and you want it to catch up, goal is to get a canopy going so you get more node toward the top and not asmuch on bottom, i have some that are lil older then yours but i have been trimming for while and geting them to produce more nodes with defoiliation, which i have on my Northern lights page as expample.
photo357.JPG

notice they are almost same size but more bush at the top instead of teh bottoms

you can leave that on them for aslong as u grow them, you can add to them, or let them go if other branches pass that one and you want it to catch up, goal is to get a canopy going so you get more node toward the top and not asmuch on bottom, i have some that are lil older then yours but i have been trimming for while and geting them to produce more nodes with defoiliation, which i have on my Northern lights page as expample.
photo357.JPG

notice they are almost same size but more bush at the top instead of teh bottoms

Interesting! Yours are far bigger, I'm hoping to get the maximum out of this grow, for the next grow I will invest a little more so I can get the best of the best.

this is what they looked like when i got them, lot like your man.
z30.JPG

only thing is im not in flower with any of my grow YET, so im all theory and studies about flower but your just rolling into so ill be right behind you : )

this is what they looked like when i got them, lot like your man.
z30.JPG

only thing is im not in flower with any of my grow YET, so im all theory and studies about flower but your just rolling into so ill be right behind you : )

Fo sure u know what u talking about bro. Nice that we can exchange theories and techniques. I too want to make some cash and smoke my own private collection of strains, you know what I mean like every time you pull a blunt out and blaze in front of anyone they HAVE to say " damn dat Sh*t smells good, what is it?" thats when you know u above the rim...

LOL thats how i live my life now and i havent gotten my own yet ; P its hard if you dont know pll already but try to get involed in somone elles grow and just offer the help, i know when i have trusted friends over im asking them to hold shit up so i can secure it all the time, two heads are better then one for sure, you can learn alot just make sure to ask plenty of questions, most of the time pll love to teach beacuse it helps them learn themselves..... Hence this whole website haha i teach pll who grown for years and learn from some that just started, just keep an open mind and you will learn alot

Folks here is just a small update.
No big changes, a lot buds growing all over and getting frostier every day. Cant wait to smoke this!

DSC020491.jpg
DSC020444.jpg
DSC020473.jpg
DSC020461.jpg
DSC020483.jpg
DSC020451.jpg
DSC020382.jpg
DSC020372.jpg
DSC020364.jpg

peace.

Looking good man, LST is looking like it did ok, your next batch you should try to keep the main stem down sooner so that they get bushey. but it doesnt hurt to be tall ; P looks sticky icky :thumb:

Looking good man, LST is looking like it did ok, your next batch you should try to keep the main stem down sooner so that they get bushey. but it doesnt hurt to be tall ; P looks sticky icky :thumb:

Thanks bro. they are super sticky and stinky so thats good! I cant wait to smoke this. I will for sure practice all this knowledge for my next grow. Check what I just ordered, this next grow is gonna be some good good stuff...
NYC Diesel
White Domina
Trainwreck
Tahoe OG Kush
Sensi Star
Pineapple Express
Lavender
Claustrum
Chemdawg
Cannalope Kush

LOL TRAINWRECK around my parts is pretty good high, iv smoked most of thos, just remember its not ALL in the strain most of it is in your grow so keep it up man u got to start somewhere right? Keep on improving man

:goodjob:

LOL TRAINWRECK around my parts is pretty good high, iv smoked most of thos, just remember its not ALL in the strain most of it is in your grow so keep it up man u got to start somewhere right? Keep on improving man

:goodjob:

Yeah I just saw your T5, thats some sick lights you got there. For sure I cant pull off the same operation size you got going on due to space, but I will put to practice all the info I got. I Order some grow lights and after this grow ends I will optimize my closet space to se If I can grow all the new feminized seeds at the same time. One question Can you tell how far (time) are my plants from harvest? time was supposed to be 7-9 weeks... but I just don't see them there yet...

Yeah I just saw your T5, thats some sick lights you got there. For sure I cant pull off the same operation size you got going on due to space, but I will put to practice all the info I got. I Order some grow lights and after this grow ends I will optimize my closet space to se If I can grow all the new feminized seeds at the same time. One question Can you tell how far (time) are my plants from harvest? time was supposed to be 7-9 weeks... but I just don't see them there yet...

Cfls will take longer to flower then hps or induction, might be More like 9-11 weeks
You got a scope to check trichs?

ONLY TRUE WAY TO KNOW

you want to get a microscope, 4x-10x idk what prices are tho or what is the BEST version. but you want to look at the trichs on the plant and it ahs to do with color and transparency, when you harvest will make your bud either a downer or upper. IDK the exact time to get what type but its somthing you should start looking into. thats the best way to tell without guessing,

Cfls will take longer to flower then hps or induction, might be More like 9-11 weeks

Well I have a deadline for the end of the month according to the time I flip 12/12 (03/08/13), and flowering time is 7-9 weeks, Im going to buy a scope tomorrow to take a closer look.

thanks for the comment

ONLY TRUE WAY TO KNOW

you want to get a microscope, 4x-10x idk what prices are tho or what is the BEST version. but you want to look at the trichs on the plant and it ahs to do with color and transparency, when you harvest will make your bud either a downer or upper. IDK the exact time to get what type but its somthing you should start looking into. thats the best way to tell without guessing,

Ok tomorrow Ill get a good magnifying glass so I can check this out, anyway the still have 15 more days, a lot can change in 15 days. On an other subject; what is your opinion on long dark periods (more than 12 hrs) during advance flowering?? Im going to try this out for the last 2 weeks 24 hrs off/ 8hrs on...

Just got the magnifying glass (x4), but you know what I just don't see the buds getting fat huge... Could it be because of the lighting ?

you are still using florescent lights correct? are they 200 watt equivalents, if so what is their true wattage? if so that would be why, use more of them with Y adapters and get them 6 inches from your plant.

you are still using florescent lights correct? are they 200 watt equivalents, if so what is their true wattage? if so that would be why, use more of them with Y adapters and get them 6 inches from your plant.

True wattage has nothing to do with your plants, it does with your power bill. EQUIVALENCE means that the light is "Equivalent" to a normal bulb that uses AND gives off 200w... clfs can use say 80w and output 200w, (not exact on transfer, just example).

True wattage has nothing to do with your plants, it does with your power bill. EQUIVALENCE means that the light is "Equivalent" to a normal bulb that uses AND gives off 200w... clfs can use say 80w and output 200w, (not exact on transfer, just example).

Well my lights suck I got them at wallmart, 6 - 26 watts (100watts output) and 1 GE MH 200w. But I just got this SunBlaster Lighting - The 200W Duo (2700K and 6400K) X 2, so I just got 4 real grow lights... I hope this can boost a little more fake sun, cause this Duo has the bleu and yellow spectrum.

Well my lights suck I got them at wallmart, 6 - 26 watts (100watts output) and 1 GE MH 200w. But I just got this SunBlaster Lighting - The 200W Duo (2700K and 6400K) X 2, so I just got 4 real grow lights... I hope this can boost a little more fake sun, cause this Duo has the bleu and yellow spectrum.

Thats not that bad man, iv seen pll grow with less then half of that light man! you got this man just slow and steady wins the race!

Back
Top Bottom