You the man VI, it's great to see the mentoring your doing Is paying off. Great job bro.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Im glad your here VI, even if your icon picture is of a Nacho Wrestler. :laughtwo:

I see people posting about their plants getting overheated. What temperature is too high? I am just at the stage where I'm trying to gather the information I need to set up a tent in a extra bedroom and I expect the summer (inside) temps to reach the mid 80's. Is this too hot? My current plan is a 390 cfm fan in a 5x5 tent and LED lights.

Now im new here as well and I believe your tent is too big for that size fan. If you read this whole post you can find some of what your looking for. I think the heat outside the tent will be on the high side and you might run into heat issues. Can you keep the room cooler that the tent will be in? Maybe look into a 440cfm. I had an issue with a smaller fan when I was running 190cfm which i thought was enough. I found out late in flowering i was under the limit of what i needed. VI gave me a site or a company that has a calculaor on there site that will give the exact cfm you need for the size of your tent. I believe the company is called Phresh. Look a few threads above this.

Cmay, thanks for the reply. The Phresh calculator calls for 208 cfm for a 5x5 tent, so my fan is a bit oversize according to them. The guidelines I saw said that the air should be changed 20/hr. and 390 cfm will do that easily.

Regarding the temperatures, the nighttime temps during the summer cool off to the 50-60's here, so that cools the house a lot. I shut up the house during the day and that keeps the temps below about 85 (outside gets 90-100 in the daytime).

The circuit breaker here is only 15 amps, so there's no way I'd be able to A/C the room while the lights & fans run, which is why I asked about max. temperatures.

Cmay, thanks for the reply. The Phresh calculator calls for 208 cfm for a 5x5 tent, so my fan is a bit oversize according to them. The guidelines I saw said that the air should be changed 20/hr. and 390 cfm will do that easily.

Regarding the temperatures, the nighttime temps during the summer cool off to the 50-60's here, so that cools the house a lot. I shut up the house during the day and that keeps the temps below about 85 (outside gets 90-100 in the daytime).

The circuit breaker here is only 15 amps, so there's no way I'd be able to A/C the room while the lights & fans run, which is why I asked about max. temperatures.

Hey Red...welcome to the Mag. 5 posts....wow. your brand new! Enjoy your self Red, you've found an awesome place to learn, make new friends and be a part of our place . The growers here are all awesome people and will do just about anything to help growers achieve their goals. Cheers eh!:high-five:

Heat is the issue. Not the smell. You need a big enough filter to handle the flow rate needed to vent the tent to keep it right.

If you have your tent say in your house where it is lets say 70 degrees on average. And you put a hot lamp inside (even LEDs)m you need to pull enough air through it to keep the temperature elevation in the ten not more then about 15 degrees max and preferably much cooler. It is the single biggest problem with a tent. In a room grow this is really no where comparable an issue.

These tents are very small in volume.

So in that example you can't really keep it below 80 degrees even with a hurricane going by as the heat from the illumination alone is radiating heat pretty hard.

So For example I run in my garage and when it is in the 60's or below out there (most of the year / day) I can run the rpm down to nail a temp. 70's I can handle pretty well. If it gets to be 85 in my garage I can't cool it fast enough with the light on with 85 degree air...that don't work. I can do that becasue My 5x5x7 comes out to 175CF AND at 400 CFM is evacuating that twice a minute. Considering the 5x5 is not 5x5 and the thing is half full of stuff...you possibly get closer to removing all the air 3 times a minute. That can get you close to ambient.

And hey...That Mask I bought at a dirt mall in Mexico. I didn't know it at the time but it was a replica of a real wrestler who was so popular he made it to America. But that is me under that mask...

We walk the plant through a complete life cycle. There are many different temp settings for ideal trade off between growth rate and mimicking Nature. This is a hydro chart but works in Soil too for the most part. In soil obviously you can ignore the EC line.

CCH2O-Recommendations-Graph-1024x743.jpg

Again these are ideal values...You can flower in the 80's it just aint ideal.

Thanks for posting that chart. I'd probably appreciate it more if I knew what it was trying to portray. :cool:

Is it supposed to document a past grow? The temps start out over 80 and drop from there, as if the grow was started in August. Can you tell me where that was originally posted? Maybe it'd make more sense in context...

That represents years of scientific research into growing cannabis. This is a chart posted by a company that sells the #1 top of the line best hydro system made specifically for cannabis. They recommend running this way. This is a Typical 3 week veg 11 week bloom schedule which is right down the middle for what most people do. Some do 1 week veg, some do 6 or more...

It also happens to match a ton of other places regarding numerous points.

But the point to indoor growing is to mimic nature as best as possible. To get ideal growth you want to mimic ideal nature. That is not a tight band of temps for the entire plant life cycle. The humidity change is very important to get real ripe flowers.

That chart shows Day and Night temps as well as humidity and many other things. Most of which is relevant in any indoor grow.

Basically you have reduced yields if you don't follow that chart.

:thumb:

And hey...That Mask I bought at a dirt mall in Mexico. I didn't know it at the time but it was a replica of a real wrestler who was so popular he made it to America. But that is me under that mask...

Hope you washed that thing if it came from mexico :loopy:

Man i had no idea who it was but when I knew it was from some wrestling thing. Like the movie jack black did and he was the fat wrestler trying to make it.

Nope your VI to me...So nothing really new going on just on amber alert waiting for these buds to rippen. I checked and cant find any amber now. Just at a 50/50 mix between cloudy and clear on the tri right now. The calxy are beefing up with white hairs shooting out of some. I actually was taken back by the stalk on the sour diesel. Its nearly 4 inches in diameter. Its so much bigger then the lil AK thats in here too. I'll update over the weekend with some lights off pics.

image12386.jpeg
image12385.jpeg

Hey cmay, nice stalk....but that's 4" circumference...not diameter! Cheers eh...:Namaste:

Hey I never said math was my thing.....Im lucky i can work a PH and PPM meter :goof:

Back
Top Bottom