Heavyherbs First Grow

the final cured weight from all four was a little over 15 oz and it was really dry... what does ftw mean?

ftw = for the win

People say it for things they like generally. Congrats on a near 1 pound pull! :goodjob:

thanks munki, I thought that was it but not sure...hey it looks like I might get second place for nug of the month and third place for plant of the month, that is toooo coool!

15Oz!? damn man. i'm impressed. congrats on a hugely successful harvest!

thanks munki, I thought that was it but not sure...hey it looks like I might get second place for nug of the month and third place for plant of the month, that is toooo coool!

Right on, you are most deserving. Hey, did you think of a cool way to implement the lazy susan idea for your plants next time? Figured it would help give your plants an even amount of light considering how you had your lights placed last time. I guess you can do the hand turning but seeing the plant rotate slowly like the Gyro meat at a Greek restaurant would be pretty cool.

You deserve to win HeavyHerb! I hope you do!
Thanks Joe maybe next month or one of these days ill come in first..but im really feeling good about second place nug and third place plant, not too bad for my first grow

15Oz!? damn man. i'm impressed. congrats on a hugely successful harvest!
Ya man it was a great harvest...almost 4 zips per plant

Right on, you are most deserving. Hey, did you think of a cool way to implement the lazy susan idea for your plants next time? Figured it would help give your plants an even amount of light considering how you had your lights placed last time. I guess you can do the hand turning but seeing the plant rotate slowly like the Gyro meat at a Greek restaurant would be pretty cool.
Hahahah gyro weed I love it! that would be awesome ill have to work on it thanks munki

hey man I ejoyed your grow. Just letting you know because I couldn't at the time as I wasn't a member...but I was enjoying it all the same!

Thanks man glad to have you aboard... Ive got 5 clones off the last grow and will start a new journal soon so stay tuned for the 2nd grow :ganjamon:

Thanks for your confidence in my growing ability, ill try and do a better job next time, thanks. The clones are starting to green up a little, but i noticed some of those darn spider mites on them so i am treating them by spraying the azamax on them every 3 days till they are completly gone, i hate those suckers!!!! then i will repot them in bigger pots

Thanks for your confidence in my growing ability, ill try and do a better job next time, thanks. The clones are starting to green up a little, but i noticed some of those darn spider mites on them so i am treating them by spraying the azamax on them every 3 days till they are completly gone, i hate those suckers!!!! then i will repot them in bigger pots

yo Heavy howzit brah? Lil suggetion work on those mites while lights are out. spiders are nocturnal, abberation is having that same prob. on his ladies if you get a chance check his thread out. Love his set up. Any how I just posted some info on his about the same thing. How arachnids are nocturnal, so the best defense is to work on em while they are awake at night. they'll feed on what is there(azamax via insects & plant) at night and spread your defence more. Keep in mind spiders are insectisides so you have to get them while they feed. So as they munch on all those lil insects that have been feeding on anything that the azamax has been in contact w/, they'll be killed by their own appetites.:goodluck: as well

Dude that was my last problem the freaking spider came in. I got back for my bussiness trip and my plant was infested with spider. My plant were all dying. I just got back a bit to late, try everything but they were army tough on any pesticide I use. I just frost effect them and cut them and start all over again. This time I kill any bug before I start a new plantation. Spray every 2 week this way they will die before there born die die freaking spider.

Thanks Butcher ill check it out....and Peaceman you are too funny man...DIE DIE DIE Freaking Spider LOL :cool:

OK I found this in another post I am going to put this in the grow room!

Re: Battling Mites My step by step process permalink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you tried hot-shot no pest strips? i got a really bad case or spider mites a few years ago and these slaughtered them in a few days! you do need to turn your carbon filter off for a few hours each day though and let the poison build up. here,s a link for them Buy Hot Shot No-Pest Strip Online at drugstore.com
I think lowes and home depot sell these strips but im not sure

Heavy lemme know what u think of the azamax and the hot shot pest strip. I got both on standby just in case (haven't used either yet). I read a journal earlier where the grower was watering his plants with azamax. Ever try it? Anyhow, I know u'll keep us posted.
I havent tried the pest strips yet but i am going to buy some and put in the grow room just for a preventitive measure....the azamax is working just great ive been spraying them really good every 3-4 days and I dont see a single spider mite anywhere :cheer: its good stuff and its safe enough to use all the way to harvest

Want to make sure I stopped by and said high.Hope your enjoying the fruits of your labor.
Thanks for stoppin by dude and yes we are enjoying the fruits :cool: the clones are lookin pretty good now and all the new growth is nice and spidermite free! and nice and green....will post some new pics soon

Regarding the Hot Shot No-Pest Strip. Did a little reading and encourage all fellow growers to do the same before using on your crop. Active ingredient is Dichlorvos or DDVP.

Dichlorvos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Notable entry here, "The United States Environmental Protection Agency first considered a ban on DDVP in 1981. Since then it has been close to being banned on several occasions, but continues to be available. Major concerns are over acute and chronic toxicity. There is no conclusive evidence of carcinogenicity to date."

Considering the strong chemical lobbies that exist in the US coupled with the fact that most US regulatory agencies are compromised by chumming up to the industry they regulate, I personally would avoid this product especially if you want any chance of calling your weed organic as this is straight synthetic folks.

A better consideration is Pyrethins. From the Wiki entry on Chrysanthemum,

"Pyrethrum (Chrysanthemum [or Tanacetum] cinerariaefolium) is economically important as a natural source of insecticide. The flowers are pulverized, and the active components called pyrethrins, contained in the seed cases, are extracted and sold in the form of an oleoresin. This is applied as a suspension in water or oil, or as a powder. Pyrethrins attack the nervous systems of all insects, and inhibit female mosquitoes from biting. When not present in amounts fatal to insects, they still appear to have an insect repellent effect. They are harmful to fish, but are far less toxic to mammals and birds than many synthetic insecticides, except in consumer airborne backyard applications. They are non-persistent, being biodegradable and also breaking down easily on exposure to light. They are considered to be amongst the safest insecticides for use around food. (Pyrethroids are synthetic insecticides based on natural pyrethrum, e.g., permethrin.)"

I hate bugs too but we all want a safe and effective product at the end.

Thank you for this information Munki but do you really think hanging this in the grow room would contaminate the plants? I mean its not like your spraying it on them....I dont know, I guess I will hold off on buying them, besides the Azamax took care of them anyway, so I guess I dont need the strips.....I just thought it would be a nice extra preventative measure. It would be cool to find something safe to hang in your grow room that would keep all the bugs away and not contaminate anything.......Thanks again Munki and btw your bubba kush is looking fantastic dude, nice and frosty! good job man

Heav, Munki's on point. The manufacturer specifies that the strips shouldn't be used in an area living spaces. People shouldn't be in the room with the strips with a prolonged exposure period of 4 hours or more. I keep them on stand by as a last resort to spraying. I think I'd want to try the strips b4 resorting to bombs again (for spider mites). The plants exhibited symptoms of phytotoxicicity after bombing. ANd it beats loosing a whole crop to bugs (been there). With the given info I'd encourage u to use ur own judgement.

thanks BWC, I think you are right about that, I prolly wont use them. I think I have the problem solved anyway with the azamax....I dont see anymore bugs, but I will spray a couple more times jus to make sure......thanks for the info BWC and MUNKI

Back
Top Bottom