Hello! And a couple questions

Lindseywink

Hey guys, I'm about to stay my first DWC closet grow. I have a couple questions that I haven't been able to find the answer to that I'm hoping someone here can help me with!

1: I'm planning on getting a couple clones with roots from a Dispensary to start with. I have a 600w led light. How far from the clones should the light be? Do I give them full light as if they are in vegetation stage? Or do I need a different type/wattage of light when I first get them in my tent? And then how many hours a day do they get that type of light and when do I switch them to flowering?

TIA for any help. It's much appreciated!

Welcome Lindsey, if your clones are rooted keep the light at least 24" from the plants. Start with 18 hours of light and 6 hours of lights off. You'll probably veg for at least a month before switching to 12/12 light schedule inducing flowering. Here's a link to help you start your own grow journal. That will help you gain a few followers and help when you need it.
Helpful Links For New Members

And yes you’ll have to go thru a veg state unless it’s an auto . 18/6 for hour . 50% light would be a good start if the lights adjustable.
12/12 when you go to flower.

Welcome Lindsey, if your clones are rooted keep the light at least 24" from the plants. Start with 18 hours of light and 6 hours of lights off. You'll probably veg for at least a month before switching to 12/12 light schedule inducing flowering. Here's a link to help you start your own grow journal. That will help you gain a few followers and help when you need it.
Helpful Links For New Members
Thanks for the help! If the light is not adjustable, is it still okay to use a 600w led light?

For seedlings and clones 24” is good you just have to keep an eye on them.
I have backed up to 47” with them and work my way down , I like leds for the whole grow !

Thanks for the help, this community is great! I actually think I may start from seed instead because they are more available and my setup is almost ready to go. If I use the paper towel germination method, once they have sprouted do I just transfer them directly to the Rapid Rooters, and into the hydroponic system? Or there a method that everyone prefers over the paper towel method?

I soak in a small cup of water for around 18 hours then into a moist paper towel. I slide the paper towel into a sandwich baggie but don't seal it shut. I set mine on my cable box for warmth. Once the seed pops plant it tap root down in your rapid rooter. I place it in a corner of my veg tent with a clear solo cup on top of it. Poke a couple of small holes in the cup for air. I would let it grow in the rooter until you see roots before transferring to your net cup in your hydro bucket. You may want to water from the top until roots extend to the bottom of your net cup. Keep your bucket full to just below the net cup.

I soak in a small cup of water for around 18 hours then into a moist paper towel. I slide the paper towel into a sandwich baggie but don't seal it shut. I set mine on my cable box for warmth. Once the seed pops plant it tap root down in your rapid rooter. I place it in a corner of my veg tent with a clear solo cup on top of it. Poke a couple of small holes in the cup for air. I would let it grow in the rooter until you see roots before transferring to your net cup in your hydro bucket. You may want to water from the top until roots extend to the bottom of your net cup. Keep your bucket full to just below the net cup.
This is so helpful. After a crazy holiday I'm finally ready to start my seeds today! I don't have a cable box and am trying to figure out an alternative heat source..

So my seeds now have popped a tiny little root! How long do you let the root grow in the paper towel? Should I transplant immediately into the rapid rooter? I've seen this done a few different ways..

I just put them under lights that I raise up pretty high. I'll start dropping the light a little at a time as the plants grow. Veg I want the lights between 24" and 30"

Back
Top Bottom