Help! Outdoor Flowering - Yellowing/Dying Leaves

Trizzy24

420 Member
Problem:

- Leaves turning Yellow and brown and dying.
2015-08-19_15_38_28.jpg
2015-08-19_15_38_15.jpg
2015-08-19_15_37_50.jpg
2015-08-19_15_37_05.jpg
2015-08-19_15_36_59.jpg

Soil Grow Outdoors

Strain: Unknown/Could be Blue Dream not 100% sure

# of Plants: 8

Grow Stage: Flowering Week 2

Bucket Size: 3 Quarts (will be transplanting into 5 Gallon pots)

Light: Sunlight about 9 hours worth

Nutrients: Fox Farm Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom Once a week

Soil: ProMix Ultimate

PH: 6.7 mostly rain water last couple weeks

Temperatures: Day 88's Nights 75's, 60's.

Humidity: 80%

Pest: Unknown

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kinda had the same thing going on and sniped the lower yellows. I think you will find that outdoors plants will get a lot more leaves on the bottom that die off and the power goes to the top of the plant.
0081548.JPG

I did a bit of snipping on this one before I took the pic.

Definitely transplant ASAP. She's dropping leaves she cannot support. Their roots grow very fast and need all the room they can get.

Tiny plants look lonely in their big girl pots, but they will grow into them rather quickly. But if you see pics of big grower greenhouses, you'll see a lot of yellow leaves. It's fairly normal for some defoliation to take place. Just trim those off, as they are no good once they start dying. Make room for the new leaves.

They must be extremely rootbound by looking at them. As AK said - some yellow leaves dying off down at bottom is normal. They get shaded out, and the plant sucks them dry before dropping them.

Thanks for the advice guys. I pruned the leaves and plan on transplanting the plants ASAP!.

I already see new growth coming in from the pruning. hopefully i'll have a much healthier plant once transplanted.

Again thanks for all the help! :thumb:

Thanks for the advice guys. I pruned the leaves and plan on transplanting the plants ASAP!.

I already see new growth coming in from the pruning. hopefully i'll have a much healthier plant once transplanted.

Again thanks for all the help! :thumb:

My plants responded almost immediately after pruning, too! Like 24 hours! Keep us in the loop so we know how you're doing.

Thanks Trizzy, had a scare this morning, 36 DEGREES, lol. The GH house is heated but they were all droppie this morn, thought I lost them.

Gave them a little water and by the afternoon they were back to normal, ( scared the shit out of me )

They will be moved into the house tommorow,( one more night outside til I get the room set up, supposed to be 45 tonight )

I have to put in the reflector mat. and buy some lights, but I don't think they could take another 30 something degree night. I was going to go for the garage but I want them closer to me, lol.

The wierd thing about it was that the GH never got below 65. They must know something is coming. ( Growing in Alaska )

Thanks Trizzy, had a scare this morning, 36 DEGREES, lol. The GH house is heated but they were all droppie this morn, thought I lost them.

Gave them a little water and by the afternoon they were back to normal, ( scared the shit out of me )

They will be moved into the house tommorow,( one more night outside til I get the room set up, supposed to be 45 tonight )

I have to put in the reflector mat. and buy some lights, but I don't think they could take another 30 something degree night. I was going to go for the garage but I want them closer to me, lol.

The wierd thing about it was that the GH never got below 65. They must know something is coming. ( Growing in Alaska )

Rockskipper, don't wait. Get the Ladies in the house tonight! They will be fine in a corner somewhere inside for a couple days while you finish their room. It's the temp that is going to do weird stuff to them. Cannibus is NOT a Temperate or a Sub-arctic plant. Anything below 50 F is going to force them to shut down. You don't want a crop of immature, dried buds, after all the trouble you put into their growth.

Thanks Ak. was kinda thinking the same thing just did'nt want them to be to stressed with all the activtie tommorow and I don't really have a area that I can keep them dark for 12 hours. I think I will move them in anyway and see if I can keep the light cycle close. That was just to scary. ( Bad planning on my part )

Those cold nights can lead to them growing nanners, which are annoying.
Edit- interesting....I just accidentally double posted- or accidentally 'tried' to anyway. I got a little warning message telling me that I was attempting a double post. Never seen that before and I've managed to double post quite a bit. A cool new upgrade to the site perhaps...

Whats annoying is me getting caught with my britchs down, lol ( hav'nt seen no nanners yet )

Anyway this is Trizzys thread so don't want to highjack it to much.

( havnt had that warning yet )

Back
Top Bottom