Help: Wilting new clones, new grower

this is just an experiment , its a cut off an auto that im going to try reverse for seeds i want to breed . there is little pots with collars , then about 4 inches of water under there and a little jet spraying the stems . i lid like yours and heat mat under the whole thing

Attachments

• P1060656.JPG
    P1060656.JPG
    748.8 KB · Views: 195
Yep. I agree with these guys. It's just part of the process. The clone has no way to feed itself having no roots so it pulls nutrients from the leaves beginning at the bottom. Once those leaves are consumed to the point they just about fall off the next set of leaves up will start to be consumed (if roots haven't sprouted by then). You can let them fall off on their own or to be much more cosmetically pleasing I trim them once they look like the plant is finished with them. I never trim the leaves that are only half yellow because there is still lots of good food left in them for the clone to eat. If you cut them off too early the next set of leaves will start to be eaten prematurely.
I personally think your clones are too dry by those photos. I suggest misting them and keeping the humidity high while inside the dome. Heat from below is also a great root promoter.
Happy growing.

Yep. I agree with these guys. It's just part of the process. The clone has no way to feed itself having no roots so it pulls nutrients from the leaves beginning at the bottom. Once those leaves are consumed to the point they just about fall off the next set of leaves up will start to be consumed (if roots haven't sprouted by then). You can let them fall off on their own or to be much more cosmetically pleasing I trim them once they look like the plant is finished with them. I never trim the leaves that are only half yellow because there is still lots of good food left in them for the clone to eat. If you cut them off too early the next set of leaves will start to be eaten prematurely.
I personally think your clones are too dry by those photos. I suggest misting them and keeping the humidity high while inside the dome. Heat from below is also a great root promoter.
Happy growing.
Thanks for the feed back. I’ve never missted or watered these clones. I removed the heat pad because it was getting the temps upto like 85. I regularly add water to the inside of the dome. It keeps the humidity at about 80. I’ll mist them a little today I guess.

Could it also be too much light that? We have the par600 led like 2.5-3 ft away from it. And some of my friends call the yellowing of the leaves nitrogen defficiancy. How true/bad is this?

Could it also be too much light that? We have the par600 led like 2.5-3 ft away from it. And some of my friends call the yellowing of the leaves nitrogen defficiancy. How true/bad is this?
My clones showed me early on that even my smallest LED was too much for them. Switched to a 12"×48 T8 and it's been smooth sailing since. Cheap to operate too, save the LED for supplemental lighting maybe!?

Update guys. Got water. Phd to 6-6.5 and 2 drops of clonex. Misted clones and misted top and bottom of Rockwool. Hopefully they cheer up. This is a current pic. I’ll post back in 30 to see if they cheer up. Dome is on and so is mat again. Pics are light and no light dome off

Attachments

• 49FADA17-A15B-4EE4-A5DA-DDFE9E30C523.jpeg
    49FADA17-A15B-4EE4-A5DA-DDFE9E30C523.jpeg
    453.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 9AC3DAB0-E640-45D4-936B-AD14C858BCC1.jpeg
    9AC3DAB0-E640-45D4-936B-AD14C858BCC1.jpeg
    576.7 KB · Views: 164
There’s some water from the misting. I accidentally got some on the leaves lol.. how bad is that?

Thats great! I spray my clones. I spray them twice a day for the first 5 days or so. Then once per day. Until I see roots or new growth.

There’s some water from the misting. I accidentally got some on the leaves lol.. how bad is that?
Under a T5 or T8, water on the leaves is no issue. Do not attempt to leave water on the leaves when you were talking about LED lighting or for that matter HPS or metal halide. It will burn holes in your leaves and act like a tiny magnifying glass.

everybody's 2 cents counts i guess ;)... i have mades 1000's of clones. i have much more experience at propogating clones than i do flowering them (that was done at my Pals house)

• i generally dont even use rooting hormone/powder/gel..
  • snip on a 45 and get em wet right away, put them "tightly" into the rockwool by gently spearing them into the wool (not usually the pre-made hole)
  • i tried the heating mat, but found it too hot unless you lay a nice fat towel between it and your tray, or use a thermostat.. i found the heat of a T5/florescent light almost touching the dome for 24hrs was plenty enough heat in my basement in Canadian winter (basement at 64-66F over night and the tray stayed in the high 70's all day and night long... too much heat will make em limp and bake em..
  • wet the rockwool only once when you first plug them in. and just water the tray slightly enough that it stays damp but never puddles... you can water the tray then pour it off may one time if it ever dries out on you...
  • after roots appear (that will take a LOOONG time in those big cubes) then you start t ween them off the humidty ny letting some fresh air in... while monitoring it every hour or so at first... any wilting then seal them up again...
Hope that helps in any small way.... everybody has their own personal way after they find one that works... try a little food (1/8th -1/16th strength of some veg/grow food... very very weak tho' and not until you see roots)

everybody's 2 cents counts i guess ;)... i have mades 1000's of clones. i have much more experience at propogating clones than i do flowering them (that was done at my Pals house)

• i generally dont even use rooting hormone/powder/gel..
  • snip on a 45 and get em wet right away, put them "tightly" into the rockwool by gently spearing them into the wool (not usually the pre-made hole)
  • i tried the heating mat, but found it too hot unless you lay a nice fat towel between it and your tray, or use a thermostat.. i found the heat of a T5/florescent light almost touching the dome for 24hrs was plenty enough heat in my basement in Canadian winter (basement at 64-66F over night and the tray stayed in the high 70's all day and night long... too much heat will make em limp and bake em..
  • wet the rockwool only once when you first plug them in. and just water the tray slightly enough that it stays damp but never puddles... you can water the tray then pour it off may one time if it ever dries out on you...
  • after roots appear (that will take a LOOONG time in those big cubes) then you start t ween them off the humidty ny letting some fresh air in... while monitoring it every hour or so at first... any wilting then seal them up again...
Hope that helps in any small way.... everybody has their own personal way after they find one that works... try a little food (1/8th -1/16th strength of some veg/grow food... very very weak tho' and not until you see roots)
Why will it take so long in the cubes. ? Nothing yet :( misting everything drffintelybhas helped though. The cubes aren’t too big either

those cubes are very large for cloning and therefore have a much further distance to travel to be exposed.... maybe they already have traveled 3.5" and are close to popping...

how are they looking? have they stopped wilting?
if so try 30 minutes with the dome off and see how they take it? don't leave the house tho'
after you think they can handle coming out from the dome you can keep some clear solo cups areound to cover them up if needed leaving a nice air gap at the bottom so they eventually get used to it ;)

i often see roots from 1-1/4" cubes in about 7 days (sometime as long as 2 weeks if its winter and the temps are drastic.. but even then they turn out OK..

alway ween off the dome/humidity.. dont do it all at once in one day... open the air gap a little more each day or if taking the hood off them do it in increments

Feel It Out ;)

They stopped wilting atleast they seem like it. No roots yet. And no more yellowing. If no roots by Wednesday that’s two weeks and I’ll be sad. Just thought since it’s green still it’s good lol. Also in the mist is a drop of b1 red from the recipe for success kit and a drop of clonex in 6.3 ph water.

Back
Top Bottom