Help with organic soil mix

Hey has anyone read ryan rileys book? He claims that using alkaline water for explosive buds. I bought 10 gals of it and it says it set to 9 ph?

Never heard of it to be honest.
Standard PH for cannabis is 6.0-7.0 and most of the growers won't go up or down. I actually almost fucked my old indoor grow due to to alkaline water, but organics is very forgiving - another advantage of growing natural :p I'd like to see a research, where dozen of clones from the same mother would be kept half on low PH and the other half on high PH as I'm leaning towards low as the best: 5.8-6.3, but it's only theory at that point.

Hey guys, I can't help but to comment. I've completed a lot of outdoor grows and have completed my first indoor grow just recently. The while ph thing might be important in some cases but to be honest, speaking from experience and eye witness accounts, some of the biggest most bad-ass plants I have ever seen were grown by individuals whom had no idea what ph their water was (me included). So yes, with organics, more broadly soil, there must be a lot of leniency with the ph thing because it didn't seem to matter. There was a guy on here for a while (Wizhigh) who talked about the ph thing as well. To be 100% honest, I don't think it matters as much as people make it out to. But that's just my opinion. You'll get a lot of argument against what I have just said but I'm not talking without having been there and seen it ya know.

I agree that soil is more forgiving, but the reason is because it acts as a buffer! Sure you could ignore PH, but there are plenty of people who ignore PH and have F'ed up plants too right? They may not think about it until they have a big problem, or it is too late. There is a reason they call it weed, but naturally the conditions will greatly effect the health of plants and the yield. You could ignore it and simply get lucky and have plants grow well. Dube is talking about purposely adding something to make the PH 9, that is the question. Please don't read this as argumentative. You bring up a very good point friend.

Just remember that if you break 7.0 roof you're gonna lock out your most available phosphorus. Otherwise, good luck in your experiments.

Back
Top Bottom