Herbies Desserts to Sweeten Your Day @ Otters

Happy 4/20!!! Our future will see nobody from any walk of life locked away for any kind of plant:passitleft:
:bravo:The sooner the better!
Happy 420 MrO and all the fine people hanging here on this fine journal.
It's winding down here in Cape Town. At least for me.
Can't believe how quickly a year has gone. I'm also looking forward to some OtterTrees.
Plants are looking as tasty as always.
Have a winning day.
Hey Lerugged, Happy 420 to you! I hope the year didn't get too blown away on you in all that wind!

Hoping for 2 again but they're being shy right now! Maybe tomorrow they'll pop through!
Highya SO,

Happy 420 day to you, too!! And to all who come through your journal! I have 9 healthy seedlings about 4 inches tall. All the seedlings (tomatoes, J Peppers, celery, marigolds) look really good this year. Couldn't germinate any Gr Peppers, though. Have to buy those, I guess! I'm hoping for a great summer and not to many storms up here this fall. Can't hurt to hope, lol! Happy Smokin'
Sweet! I hope you have the best year! That wind has been a lot late in the year! Sounds like a great start! I think mine will start to pop today and tomorrow.
I was thinking of you as I was clearing some downed trees from the yard and I got bugged by some black flys. I hope yours are almost done for the year!

I got 1 blackfly yesterday, and one the day before. None yet today. I'm good with that!!

I always like clearing new land. Lot of work, but looks good when done! Good exercise! Happy Smokin'

I got 1 blackfly yesterday, and one the day before. None yet today. I'm good with that!!

I always like clearing new land. Lot of work, but looks good when done! Good exercise! Happy Smokin'
Are you expanding this year? I'm cleaning up a ton of dead droppings all over. A lot of felled and left next to the driveway for better weather, things like that. It is making me better! Not an semi olympian like yourself, but a recovering one from long ago!

🎶IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM FLIPPIN LIGHTS SO YOU BETTER GET THE PARTY STARTED!🎶
UPDATE
WOOHOO! It was a good morning here and the plants were playing along so I trimmed off some low hanging shoots, leveled some colas, set the timers for 12 on 12 off and lowered the ppfd of PAR a little for a few days.

And what a cast of characters we have this run! I can hardly believe the possibilities I see coming! These plants have been serious! They're starting to show me the future and I like it!

Let's look at the Apple Bettys.

This one has been growing as if someone had drawn her every day! Perfect symmetry af far as I can see! Not a branch out of place! I haven't had to tie any down until today for a small height change on two.

You'd not guess this was her sister! Wild, don't tell me how to grow sister! She's filling the tent up! They have to sit askew now.

So over to Mango Mousse. Eye yie yie! A cabbage of a plant and I think she talks! I had to remove a big bunch of shoots and a couple of branches before I could make sense of what was happening but I can see now things will be ok!

Whoops I did it again!

Talk about full of branches! I had to remove almost the same from Banana Pudding! She's looking fine now!

With that the timers got their new set to 12/12 and the lights backed off to a less powerful amount.

In a few days I'll bring them back to a first week of flower amount by the DLI guide.
We're on our way!
Sorry I didn't write the days in veg down. It's over 40 and under 50. I'll get that.
@Gee64 I went with 4 ml cal/mag every day in the end. The Apple Bettys were pale green until I did. You say that calcium allows the plant to feed on nitrogen?

Everyone have a wonderful day please.

Highya SO,

Gorgeous ladies you have!! They are all looking very green and happy! Glad you're off to such a great start!! Are any of those going outdoors this year? Happy Smokin'

Highya SO,

Gorgeous ladies you have!! They are all looking very green and happy! Glad you're off to such a great start!! Are any of those going outdoors this year? Happy Smokin'
Hi Bode! Thanks! I'm having a good start this year! These aren't the ones going out. I wanted to get a grow in and harvest way before the fall outdoor harvest so I don't melt down🫠 like last year! that was too much.

The good news is I saw the soil disrupted at the surface on one of the ones going out this morning! So they should come soon, tomatoes look to be germinating on the same schedule I saw a couple of them coming too!

I'm encouraged with the way both of these Apple Bettys are growing! They seem to do what I ask and are coming on strong! I have an Apple Betty going out.

Glad you got a Schule going this year seems it done a number last year with everything coming in at once ! Plants are looking Good nice colors and trained .
Nearly put me over the edge last year Smokes! Gardener error all the way too. I'm used to good harvests and I thought it would be just a push more! That's what the old me was full of! Hehe, the new me says work smarter and get help!

🎶IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM FLIPPIN LIGHTS SO YOU BETTER GET THE PARTY STARTED!🎶
UPDATE
WOOHOO! It was a good morning here and the plants were playing along so I trimmed off some low hanging shoots, leveled some colas, set the timers for 12 on 12 off and lowered the ppfd of PAR a little for a few days.

And what a cast of characters we have this run! I can hardly believe the possibilities I see coming! These plants have been serious! They're starting to show me the future and I like it!

Let's look at the Apple Bettys.

This one has been growing as if someone had drawn her every day! Perfect symmetry af far as I can see! Not a branch out of place! I haven't had to tie any down until today for a small height change on two.

You'd not guess this was her sister! Wild, don't tell me how to grow sister! She's filling the tent up! They have to sit askew now.

So over to Mango Mousse. Eye yie yie! A cabbage of a plant and I think she talks! I had to remove a big bunch of shoots and a couple of branches before I could make sense of what was happening but I can see now things will be ok!

Whoops I did it again!

Talk about full of branches! I had to remove almost the same from Banana Pudding! She's looking fine now!

With that the timers got their new set to 12/12 and the lights backed off to a less powerful amount.

In a few days I'll bring them back to a first week of flower amount by the DLI guide.
We're on our way!
Sorry I didn't write the days in veg down. It's over 40 and under 50. I'll get that.
@Gee64 I went with 4 ml cal/mag every day in the end. The Apple Bettys were pale green until I did. You say that calcium allows the plant to feed on nitrogen?

Everyone have a wonderful day please.
If calcium gets low in LOS magnesium gets sticky. It needs calcium's double positive charge in proper ratio to keep it in check.

When it gets sticky (electrically speaking) it sticks to nitrogen 1st and on a 1 to 1 basis. They attract to each other.

For every molecule of excess magnesium (excess being calcium is low so mag becomes high) a nitrogen gets stuck to it, locking both out.

Add calcium and it all unlocks on contact. It's referred to as soil conditioning. You have likely heard that term. If the top of your pot goes crusty, thats excess mag in a state of lockout.

It's how calmag makes plants green again.

When you get it perfect the soil fluffs beautifully with perfect structure for air and water passage. That is referred to as tilth. Soil conditioners are anything that improves tilth.

At least you got a plan ! :adore: :blunt:
IKR? We'll see how things shake out!
If calcium gets low in LOS magnesium gets sticky. It needs calcium's double positive charge in proper ratio to keep it in check.

When it gets sticky (electrically speaking) it sticks to nitrogen 1st and on a 1 to 1 basis. They attract to each other.

For every molecule of excess magnesium (excess being calcium is low so mag becomes high) a nitrogen gets stuck to it, locking both out.

Add calcium and it all unlocks on contact. It's referred to as soil conditioning. You have likely heard that term. If the top of your pot goes crusty, thats excess mag in a state of lockout.

It's how calmag makes plants green again.

When you get it perfect the soil fluffs beautifully with perfect structure for air and water passage. That is referred to as tilth. Soil conditioners are anything that improves tilth.

They're nice and green today. It's weird how they are. Apple Betty's were low on N, while Mango Mousse and Banana Pudding really were fine.
Calcium can't be low in those pots can it? Accessing it is hard in SIP? You know The Rev's recipe. It is acting like it. Maybe these pots are too deep for SIP work? There's never much root action in the top third of the pot. I wonder if I should be watering on top once a week or something? :hmmmm: Thanks!

IKR? We'll see how things shake out!

They're nice and green today. It's weird how they are. Apple Betty's were low on N, while Mango Mousse and Banana Pudding really were fine.
Calcium can't be low in those pots can it? Accessing it is hard in SIP? You know The Rev's recipe. It is acting like it. Maybe these pots are too deep for SIP work? There's never much root action in the top third of the pot. I wonder if I should be watering on top once a week or something? :hmmmm: Thanks!
an easy check is to see if the top of the soil goes crusty when it's dry. Or a refractometer.

STRETCHING UP A STORM UPDATE

Good day all! These beauties have been busy moving on up! One to two inches a day up! Here they are!

Banana Pudding looks good enough to eat!

The Apple Betty's are coming on strong with their near perfect canopies!

This Apple Betty is opening up to show us the LST form. Here's the 8 colas that come with this style of grow. This one is really filling in the middle! I'll have to choose what I want to save in there. I'll pick one Apple Betty to clean up in there and one to save all that see the light. That way I/we can see how the main colas are affected by the extra work.

Mango Mousse

The Herbies Dessert family

Have a great day and keep love close to your hearts.

Back
Top Bottom