OnBailCuz Aka OBC First Grow Apple Betty Herbies

Total steal!!!!!

I wouldn't worry about the height that's about where I run mine 16-22inches depending on how the veg likes the light.

Could be a bit from over watered also. I'm a firm believer in Emilyas water thread in my signature line. It's always good to know the feeling of an empty pot. You got this! It ain't no thang!

Its such a large space so for right now your probably good. But I would definitely plan on getting one, but 2 would do you better with such a large space. Then you could control them separately.
OK I'll see how it goes on 75% thank you for the tip and we'll see how it goes over the next couple days,

yeah I've been looking into fans but I know when I go down that route I want to be able to get roughly 8" and be able to connect up with everything else and like u said I might need 2 I hadn't really considered that lol 😱😱

Temp 29°c
RH 68.4%

I was thinking to change the pot into a bigger one today but I decided against it since she's been progressing daily, I also want to do some bending and LST when the time is right.. Soil is still pretty damp from previous watering so I'll leave again for another 24 hours

Added a couple of pics for you guys to see my set up, once my babies kick off I plan on utilizing the second quarter of the tent with a suitable light while still having plenty of room to work around.

I am thinking about cutting a custom size drip tray to place under the black pallets that way to catch run off water but at the moment I'm not have much if any run off water as I'm letting it dry out.

IMG_20240218_162509.jpg

IMG_20240218_162502.jpg

IMG_20240218_163134.jpg

IMG_20240218_163415.jpg
That's a big tent! Had a flashback of E.T. for a second.

Total steal!!!!!

I wouldn't worry about the height that's about where I run mine 16-22inches depending on how the veg likes the light.

Could be a bit from over watered also. I'm a firm believer in Emilyas water thread in my signature line. It's always good to know the feeling of an empty pot. You got this! It ain't no thang!

Its such a large space so for right now your probably good. But I would definitely plan on getting one, but 2 would do you better with such a large space. Then you could control them separately.
@OGpapa is the Ninja Pot Master
And agreed, it's important to know how light the pot is when dry and heavy when wet. That'll definitely help you determine if its actually time to water. Root rot is nasty stuff.

@OGpapa is the Ninja Pot Master
And agreed, it's important to know how light the pot is when dry and heavy when wet. That'll definitely help you determine if its actually time to water. Root rot is nasty stuff.
Yeah I've been going over Emilyas watering guide it's great and I plan on sticking to it religiously 👌

I love coming home from work and checking to see what progress has been made, the leaves are starting to over hang the rim of the pot, there is a little more leaves that have curled slightly but it otherwise appears very healthy. Added a Pic from photone app

PPFD 702
TEMP 25.5°c
RH 76.1%
VPD 0.78 kpa

I'm wondering how long I should wait to repot, I have a 5 gallon pot ready but I'm thinking I should look at getting bigger final pot so I don't need to keep repotting. What's a good size final pot to use?

Also I want to do some LST and start to bend her and get a net put in see how big I can get her, my next question is - when? Can It be done now? Or should I wait till after repotting?

Screenshot_20240220_014010_io.lightray.photone.jpg

IMG_20240220_001006.jpg

IMG_20240220_001054.jpg

IMG_20240220_001111.jpg

IMG_20240220_001145.jpg

IMG_20240220_001228.jpg

I love coming home from work and checking to see what progress has been made, the leaves are starting to over hang the rim of the pot, there is a little more leaves that have curled slightly but it otherwise appears very healthy. Added a Pic from photone app

PPFD 702
TEMP 25.5°c
RH 76.1%
VPD 0.78 kpa

I'm wondering how long I should wait to repot, I have a 5 gallon pot ready but I'm thinking I should look at getting bigger final pot so I don't need to keep repotting. What's a good size final pot to use?

Also I want to do some LST and start to bend her and get a net put in see how big I can get her, my next question is - when? Can It be done now? Or should I wait till after repotting?

Screenshot_20240220_014010_io.lightray.photone.jpg

IMG_20240220_001006.jpg

IMG_20240220_001054.jpg

IMG_20240220_001111.jpg

IMG_20240220_001145.jpg

IMG_20240220_001228.jpg
Looks great.
The 3 big ones can go to 5 gallon bags now.
Once they settle you can Lst and drop a net.
I like to go solo cup/1 gal / 5gal if I have the time.
But solo to 5 gal is also an option to put your net down sooner.
But everyone is doing good my friend.
Nice work.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Looks great.
The 3 big ones can go to 5 gallon bags now.
Once they settle you can Lst and drop a net.
I like to go solo cup/1 gal / 5gal if I have the time.
But solo to 5 gal is also an option to put your net down sooner.
But everyone is doing good my friend.
Nice work.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
The top one is already in a 5 gallon pot and the 3 in the middle are in I think 3 gallon pots so I didn't want to upset its growth for a small up size so it got me wondering what my end size pot should be. How many time do you repot and What size do you use as the final size pot you use?

Ty so much for your help everyone on this site are so helpful and I hope I can contribute back

The top one is already in a 5 gallon pot and the 3 in the middle are in I think 3 gallon pots so I didn't want to upset its growth for a small up size so it got me wondering what my end size pot should be. How many time do you repot and What size do you use as the final size pot you use?

Ty so much for your help everyone on this site are so helpful and I hope I can contribute back
I find growing a big healthy root ball key to a successful harvest.
Solo cup to 1 gallon pot to 5 gallon pot is my preference.
I run coco and a bigger pot holds more nutrients as I feed sometimes twice a day in flower.
But 3 gallon pots can produce some great results aswell.
I run air pots mostly or cloth bags.
Good for air exchange to the root zone.
Vital for healthy roots.
You should look into them.
In the greenhouse I use 50 gallon bags of coco.
Bigger roots produce a plant that can feed more buds.
Roots are key to everything.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

H
I find growing a big healthy root ball key to a successful harvest.
Solo cup to 1 gallon pot to 5 gallon pot is my preference.
I run coco and a bigger pot holds more nutrients as I feed sometimes twice a day in flower.
But 3 gallon pots can produce some great results aswell.
I run air pots mostly or cloth bags.
Good for air exchange to the root zone.
Vital for healthy roots.
You should look into them.
In the greenhouse I use 50 gallon bags of coco.
Bigger roots produce a plant that can feed more buds.
Roots are key to everything.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
I was thinking of using fabric pots earlier but decided against it and thought plastic would be better so thank you for steering me in the right direction, I looked at the air pots too, I like how they are assembled would make repotting really easy too very interesting I'll continue to look into it further, thanks for your recommendations I'll be definitely taking up one most likely fabric

Nice. The apple betty i grew was a monster. If i would have known how big she was going to get i would have put her in flower much sooner. You should think about it. Lol. Yoh have lots of room though
Haha yeah I saw pics of @Bill284 apple Betty grow and was blown away I want to make a couple of the strains I got going now go really big.... I want to experiment and get as much experience as I can.... thanks for the heads up.... And yeah loving the room keep an eye on the log and watch how much it will change over time as I keep adding stuff lol

Haha yeah I saw pics of @Bill284 apple Betty grow and was blown away I want to make a couple of the strains I got going now go really big.... I want to experiment and get as much experience as I can.... thanks for the heads up.... And yeah loving the room keep an eye on the log and watch how much it will change over time as I keep adding stuff lol
This Apple Betty.

I had 2 of these black plastic pallets on the floor in the tent to keep the pots off the floor and had a mylar sheet over it and I had trays under the pots to catch any run off water. I wanted to find a decent size drip tray but looking for a drip tray 120 x 120 wasn't cheap and not easy to find. so yesterday I got creative and decided to get an IBC from work cut the top off and use the bottom as a drip tray, I have a pump too to deal with getting the water out, so once I cleared everything around moved the plants, took out the pallet, put the big brain drip tray down and..... It doesn't sit flat on the floor 😱😱😱😭😭😭... I put the plants on and took a Pic to show how it looked but it couldnt stay like that

IMG_20240219_230650.jpg

IMG_20240219_184744.jpg

IMG_20240220_123323.jpg

After my drip tray disaster I was on a mission to fix it so I cut the whole bottom of the IBC including the frame part and reshuffle the place around moved the failed drip tray out and put in DripTray2.0 or DP2 😂

I gave apple Betty and the rest of them a good water using Emilyas techniques mentioned in her post, also added 10ml swift grow - my secret weapon 🤯

IMG_20240220_223254.jpg

IMG_20240220_223307.jpg

IMG_20240220_223713.jpg

IMG_20240221_004824.jpg

IMG_20240221_004849.jpg

IMG_20240221_004959.jpg

IMG_20240221_004923.jpg

I had 2 of these black plastic pallets on the floor in the tent to keep the pots off the floor and had a mylar sheet over it and I had trays under the pots to catch any run off water. I wanted to find a decent size drip tray but looking for a drip tray 120 x 120 wasn't cheap and not easy to find. so yesterday I got creative and decided to get an IBC from work cut the top off and use the bottom as a drip tray, I have a pump too to deal with getting the water out, so once I cleared everything around moved the plants, took out the pallet, put the big brain drip tray down and..... It doesn't sit flat on the floor 😱😱😱😭😭😭... I put the plants on and took a Pic to show how it looked but it couldnt stay like that

IMG_20240219_230650.jpg

IMG_20240219_184744.jpg

IMG_20240220_123323.jpg
I love innovative thinking 💚💚💚

What size pot was she in at the end? That stem is Ufftttttt... Thats impressive 🤠😎
It was in a 5 gallon air pot in my VIVOHUT.
You can see the layering I did with perlite @Bill284 Method
Then into a 50 gallon bag of coco also layered coco perlite.

Back
Top Bottom