Keffka's Recycling, KOS Blue Thai, Herbies Seeds Apple Betty, Runtz Punch

I saw that some time ago and thought it got changed by now. The wheels of progress are nice and slow thankfully I guess! Maybe someone's making a good alt view of it is what I'm hoping.

So I read through the article a few times and was still left confused. Their main issue seems to be with something called intoxicating hemp, which as I understand it, is different than cannabis flower somehow. I’m not sure how. They did mention a whole bunch of products I’ve never heard of, like Delta 9 and other stuff, also those knock off candies. What I do know is multiple times they described cannabis, and multiple times I’ve watched elected officials ignore the will of the people. I’ve also watched others try to turn back the clock and fight progress with every fiber of their being, which is a fight I will never get. We get one life, why do people insist on spending it trying to fight a battle that’s just going to be lost as soon as they’re too old to fight any more. That’s not a battle, that’s a meat grinder, and now you’ve wasted your entire life for absolutely no gain.

Day 28

IMG_8059.jpeg

So I read through the article a few times and was still left confused. Their main issue seems to be with something called intoxicating hemp, which as I understand it, is different than cannabis flower somehow. I’m not sure how. They did mention a whole bunch of products I’ve never heard of, like Delta 9 and other stuff, also those knock off candies. What I do know is multiple times they described cannabis, and multiple times I’ve watched elected officials ignore the will of the people. I’ve also watched others try to turn back the clock and fight progress with every fiber of their being, which is a fight I will never get. We get one life, why do people insist on spending it trying to fight a battle that’s just going to be lost as soon as they’re too old to fight any more. That’s not a battle, that’s a meat grinder, and now you’ve wasted your entire life for absolutely no gain.
Very charitable of you to think the legislators understand the nuances here.

And the fight is mostly driven by dollars (pharma and pharma political contributions). So, the legislators are actually being quite responsive, just to the money support rather than to their constituents who voted for them.

And the voters aren't organized enough, nor is this enough of a hot button issue for most voters so they watch with mild interest but don't want to get much involved.

Those partaking, even against laws prohibiting same, will continue to do it anyway so not much incentive for them to get involved, and those not partaking are mostly absorbing all of the negatives the drug companies are pushing.

I've said before, but we'll all be absolutely amazed at the medicinal properties of this plant one day. And that day is after the drug companies figure out how to patent the benefits.

:(

Hmm, I missed this yesterday, my bad.

Very charitable of you to think the legislators understand the nuances here.

And the fight is mostly driven by dollars (pharma and pharma political contributions). So, the legislators are actually being quite responsive, just to the money support rather than to their constituents who voted for them.

And the voters aren't organized enough, nor is this enough of a hot button issue for most voters so they watch with mild interest but don't want to get much involved.

Those partaking, even against laws prohibiting same, will continue to do it anyway so not much incentive for them to get involved, and those not partaking are mostly absorbing all of the negatives the drug companies are pushing.

I've said before, but we'll all be absolutely amazed at the medicinal properties of this plant one day. And that day is after the drug companies figure out how to patent the benefits.

:(

What did you understand the point of the article to be? I couldn’t tell if they were talking about trying to recriminalize cannabis or if they were trying to outlaw some specific type of hemp.

The Blue Thais. These things are voracious. The tall one is already done with its one gallon and wants to be transplanted. I’m convinced its a male though so I’m holding off as long as I can, until I get confirmation

IMG_8072.jpeg

I was running 30 ppms but the leaves are telling me they’re a bit hungrier

IMG_8072.jpeg

I circled the spots on the leaves, they’ve got slight chlorosis happening so I bumped up to 40 ppms. Should notice an improvement at lights on if that was the issue. After this grow I will no longer use the seedling soil mix. I will use, used flowering soil to establish seedlings. This will allow me to stop having this same issue every grow, while not having to worry about myco gaining a foothold, since it’ll already be in the mix.

@Gee64 @Azimuth and @Stunger do you guys ever water your worm bins or is the food you add enough moisture?

@Gee64 @Azimuth and @Stunger do you guys ever water your worm bins or is the food you add enough moisture?
Most of the time I feed the worms chopped up banana skin (from breakfast time) that sits in a bowl of water until I give it to them later in the day with any other worm suitable waste that has been produced.

Sometimes I use the blender to blend things up when there is more to give. The worms love the blended food because it is so accessible.

When I first started the worm farm I was sold a 'worm blanket' but after purchasing new worm blankets every few months I changed to simply using a torn rectangular piece of cardboard that I'd pre-soak in water for a few minutes. They seem to love that too, especially in Summer time when they can be more active and some can end up on the inside on the top lid. But whenever I give them a fresh topping of wetted cardboard they seem to settle down nicely and stay under it.

As for directly watering the worm bin, I usually only do so when I see the top cardboard layer is drying out. Or that I've been away and haven't attended them for a few days.

A few years ago I would give the worm bin a 'flush' every week or so and use the run off to water my plants, but I haven't bothered to do that for a long time. They seem quite fine regardless.

Most of the time I feed the worms chopped up banana skin (from breakfast time) that sits in a bowl of water until I give it to them later in the day with any other worm suitable waste that has been produced.

Sometimes I use the blender to blend things up when there is more to give. The worms love the blended food because it is so accessible.

When I first started the worm farm I was sold a 'worm blanket' but after purchasing new worm blankets every few months I changed to simply using a torn rectangular piece of cardboard that I'd pre-soak in water for a few minutes. They seem to love that too, especially in Summer time when they can be more active and some can end up on the inside on the top lid. But whenever I give them a fresh topping of wetted cardboard they seem to settle down nicely and stay under it.

As for directly watering the worm bin, I usually only do so when I see the top cardboard layer is drying out. Or that I've been away and haven't attended them for a few days.

A few years ago I would give the worm bin a 'flush' every week or so and use the run off to water my plants, but I haven't bothered to do that for a long time. They seem quite fine regardless.

“Worm blanket”

Is that going to be what this coco fiber mat is that they included with the worm farm?

Here’s a pic of it
IMG_8085.jpeg

The Blue Thais. These things are voracious. The tall one is already done with its one gallon and wants to be transplanted. I’m convinced its a male though so I’m holding off as long as I can, until I get confirmation

IMG_8072.jpeg

I was running 30 ppms but the leaves are telling me they’re a bit hungrier

IMG_8072.jpeg

I circled the spots on the leaves, they’ve got slight chlorosis happening so I bumped up to 40 ppms. Should notice an improvement at lights on if that was the issue. After this grow I will no longer use the seedling soil mix. I will use, used flowering soil to establish seedlings. This will allow me to stop having this same issue every grow, while not having to worry about myco gaining a foothold, since it’ll already be in the mix.

I only water mine if it dries out on top. If you get enough fresh scraps in it you rarely need to. I get a few drops out the bottom spiget but not tons of runoff. If it gets too wet flies seem show up.

Hmm, I missed this yesterday, my bad.

What did you understand the point of the article to be? I couldn’t tell if they were talking about trying to recriminalize cannabis or if they were trying to outlaw some specific type of hemp.
I read it as the Scare Tactics Police gearing up to try to turn back the tide.

Most of the bills that get voted on, especially at the federal level, are too long and complicated for most of the legislators to read much less understand so they rely on outside summaries to determine how they vote. Some are lobbyists pushing one side of the agenda, some are fellow party members using peer pressure to vote with the crowd or party elders dictating how the votes go.

We like to think they represent us but they don't. They typically vote their own opinions and biases. Add in a mostly indifferent populace and money spreading special interest groups and its not hard to imagine how the vote's going to go.

Sad, but that's the way it seems to be.

Interesting

Comparison of the Cannabinoid and Terpene Profiles in Commercial Cannabis from Natural and Artificial Cultivation​

Interesting

Comparison of the Cannabinoid and Terpene Profiles in Commercial Cannabis from Natural and Artificial Cultivation​

I'm only part way through it, but they failed to control for the media and light sources.
They should have used both their "proprietary mixture of all-natural soil and composts" both indoor and outdoor, and used the "proprietary growth medium" both indoor and outdoor.
It's looking like a sales pitch for their growth media aimed at licensed facilities, taking advantage of the fact that people don't usually know that cannabis clones grown in identical media under sunlight have been tested to have higher levels of cannabinoids and terpenes.
If I find out they did control for that as I finish reading I'll edit this.

I'm only part way through it, but they failed to control for the media and light sources.
They should have used both their "proprietary mixture of all-natural soil and composts" both indoor and outdoor, and used the "proprietary growth medium" both indoor and outdoor.
It's looking like a sales pitch for their growth media aimed at licensed facilities, taking advantage of the fact that people don't usually know that cannabis clones grown in identical media under sunlight have been tested to have higher levels of cannabinoids and terpenes.
If I find out they did control for that as I finish reading I'll edit this.

I’ve seen and heard this study referenced multiple times over articles and podcasts as a measure of proof that living soil is inherently better. Upon reading the abstract I was immediately disappointed.

“genetically identical plants grown indoors using artificial light and artificially grown media or outdoors grown in living soil and natural sunlight”

So basically they found that they don’t really know any thing. What a frustrating study that feels wasteful. Was it the sun, or was it the soil? Was it the artificial light or the media?

A while ago I read an article about outdoor vs indoor weed.
They took batches of clones and grew some indoors, and some outdoors.
As I understand it they grew them in the same medium, multiple batches, over multiple years, and multiple strains. As they were growing for legal sale they had to have it tested.
The outdoor weed consistently tested higher in all cannabinoids and terpenes.
Here's a link to a post I made when I was discussing the subject with someone else.
It's a copy/paste of the relevant section, and there's a link to the article. I don't remember if they cited any sources.

A while ago I read an article about outdoor vs indoor weed.
They took batches of clones and grew some indoors, and some outdoors.
As I understand it they grew them in the same medium, multiple batches, over multiple years, and multiple strains. As they were growing for legal sale they had to have it tested.
The outdoor weed consistently tested higher in all cannabinoids and terpenes.
Here's a link to a post I made when I was discussing the subject with someone else.
It's a copy/paste of the relevant section, and there's a link to the article. I don't remember if they cited any sources.

I didn’t see any sources cited but I’m not surprised. The environment of the farm was a perfect outdoor environment essentially. Which would include perfect outdoor microbes.

Then there’s the sun. I don’t think we know enough about light yet to be able to grow plants better than the sun. For instance, blue light is supposed to create squatter plants with shorter internode distance. However, when you isolate all other light and deliver only blue light to a plant, it stretches and elongates like you would expect from red light. This has lead to talk of the entourage effect from light. Studies about the difference in effects between 400 and 405nm of light.

I think with so much left unanswered, the sun is still better, thanks to the millions of years headstart it had with plants. I do however think there’s a good chance it’s nowhere near as efficient as we could eventually be with indoor lighting.

Then I’m back to the microbes. It’s difficult to replicate outside, inside. Those outdoor microbes are perfectly suited and colonized for that environment. Then there’s strains. We’ve all seen it. Some perform better in environments that others struggle in.

Honestly, it’s a wild time to be alive. I remember being younger and feeling like there was nothing new left to explore or figure out. There’s entire worlds within these plants and the ground that we’ve only just begun to peak at.

Regular seed plants juked me again. The plant I was sure was a male is a female and the squat colorful plants are males 😂

Female, stigma seen
IMG_8209.jpeg

Male, balls sighted
IMG_8207.jpeg

Highly likely a male, can’t tell fully yet
IMG_8208.jpeg

Blue Thai female on the right, males on the left. I’m keeping the males in 1 gallons for bloom. I’ll pull them right before they are ready to pollinate and collect from both. They’re both strong performers with tight node spacing. They’ll mix well with the taller pheno of the female

IMG_8383.jpeg

Males on the left, female on the right. One benefit of this grow is that I now know I can run my plants in 1 gallons until Day 50 if I want. The males look great and are perfect size for going into flowering containers

IMG_8434.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom