Hermie goes bananas?

spunkmeyer

Hi everyone.

So I had a suspect ball the other day. I took it off and had a good look. It wasn't a immature seed but maybe an immature male flower.

No more for 2 days. Now today I found this:

20160513_161236.png

Remove or is this part of week 4 flowering?

Spunk.

Oh yes it's shark attack.

All I see are pistils. Could the "dingleball" you removed earlier be a calyx?
The light green in your photo looks like a bit of deformed leaf, or something, but not balls.

That looks like a male pollen sac that's about to open. The ridges along the seems is a dead give away.. I could be wrong but I doubt it. Get your fingers wet incase there is pollen and pluck it off... then take it to the bathroom and crush it... if there pollen you will see dust on your fingers. Wash it down the sink afterwards.. That sure doesn't look like any Calyx I've ever seen.. I'm interested now and would love you to report back with your findings..

That looks like a male pollen sac that's about to open. The ridges along the seems is a dead give away.. I could be wrong but I doubt it. Get your fingers wet incase there is pollen and pluck it off... then take it to the bathroom and crush it... if there pollen you will see dust on your fingers. Wash it down the sink afterwards.. That sure doesn't look like any Calyx I've ever seen.. I'm interested now and would love you to report back with your findings..

Really? Wow - I see nothing that looks like any pollen sack I've seen. Either way you might as well get rid of it.
I don't think it is a calyx either. I thought it possible the "ball" he already removed might have been one since the plant is obviously a female.

I had one female plant throw out a seed or 2 late in flower. It was not hermied and it never came in contact with pollen. It kind of looked this way (the zoomed in shot is screwing with my eyes a little) I plucked it off and took off the plant matter and there was a tiny white seed starting. I was always told that this was called "Bolting" and that it's nothing to worry about.

Bolting can happen when soil temp stays higher then normal and plant start throwing seeds. Bud production stops and plant turns male. Let's hope your plant did not bolt.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Thanks for the replies. I am getting ready to.investigate after the dark period. I will report back soon.

I will let you know

20160514_085201.png

That is it this morning.

I will take it off if you guys think it's best to do but I don't want to butcher an immature bud if I am wrong.

It's not a bud. Wrong site, I'm sure.

1806ee805c2f9a1b01de1f5367d4d7a1.jpg

These are correct sites.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

So no pollen. White spongy material inside. Wet with sap.

Anyhow it's off and I will keep and eye on her.

If anyone has ideas what it was I would be great full.

Spunk.

A THIS is not my image and I'm only using it for reference but I'm pretty sure that was a male flower.

Yep - I gotta change my vote. Sorry for confusing the issue with bad feedback. In fact I just culled two plants this morning with balls that look much like your pictures. All the male flowers I've had in the past were smoother on the outside and longer (less roundish).

:thanks: :bravo:

Thanks for the help. It's one of two plants. First grow. Should I maybe keep it going and chop them off as I see them. Or better to cut losses and chop it down..

Thanks for the help. It's one of two plants. First grow. Should I maybe keep it going and chop them off as I see them. Or better to cut losses and chop it down..

Can you afford to gamble on pollinating the other plant?

Yep - I gotta change my vote. Sorry for confusing the issue with bad feedback. In fact I just culled two plants this morning with balls that look much like your pictures. All the male flowers I've had in the past were smoother on the outside and longer (less roundish).

:thanks: :bravo:

I've seen them like that too.. Those damn male pollen sacs can be sneaky and hard to notice sometimes.

You can successfully flower a hermie plant if you keep a close eye on them but that flower was very mature. You my have more you missed so I would definetly be Gentle when moving her. Check her over real good on all her lower growth from underneath with a flashlight.

Keeping her can be very risky though and a lot of work and worrys... Cutting her would be the smart move... If I only found one or two on my plant I would keep her but I'm definetly a risk taker.

The decision was taken out of.my hands. 3 days of 35c Temps and my plants are whacked. The hermie looks like it's been microwaved while the other is just about hanging on..

Back
Top Bottom