Hermie?

macsnax

I'm pretty sure this is a hermie I would just like some opinions before I chop it. This is my first time sexing plants before.
420-magazine-mobile794703133.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1309529256.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks, I'm not sure if I posted this in the right place, I will give it more time. How plump do pollen sacks get before they open? Will it be obvious if this is a hermie before pollen sacks open?

I see a male pollen sac in the second pic. Is there white hairs also? I had one last grow that started off with a few sacs with hairs. It turned out to be great. It did have a few seeds. But nothing for me to complain about..
Was about 5 seeds to one zip

Yeah there is lots of bud sites forming. This is bagseed from a dispense, Bruce Banner. I knew growing it was a risk so I'm not going to be surprised if it doesn't work out. I had a quarter of this and got 5 seeds.

It may be male. I do not see any signs of female in the pics you've posted so far.

Here is a couple pics from this morning I didn't make it home before the lights turned off tonight...
420-magazine-mobile729974914.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1295568166.jpg

May be male, not sure. You definitely have more time before you have to worry about it pollinating anything. Just a thought, and I'm new to all this myself so maybe someone with more experience will tell you differently, but try picking the balls off with a pair of tweezers and see if they grow back. When I first started on this site a month and a half ago or so, I posted picks of what I thought was a hermie. It definitely had white pistils but there were several little sacs as well. A lot of people told me they were male pollen sacs but I wasn't convinced. They said if they were male flowers they would multiply rapidly. So I plucked them and low and behold, none of them grew back. I now have a very pretty female that is 5 weeks into flower with no further signs of male flowers. So they must have been calyxes I pulled. Not sure if that stunted the plant in the slightest, but it definitely helped me confirm the plant's gender.

Good to know, I think I might try plucking the balls throughout the flower cycle. In the pic I posted of the top bud site the white hairs don't show for some reason. I've been trying to figure out how to get good pics without turning the HPS off. But I can see them, and they're becoming more pronounced every day. I will take a pic in the morning and post it.

They are tough to make out, but I think I see the pistils in that top down pic.

If there are no white pistils protruding from the sack near the stem it is most likely a pollen sack. Pistils will protrude from a Calyx on a female plant that is waiting to be pollinated.

People have managed hermies to harvest. Give it a go. Down the road if you feel the rest of your plants are in jeopardy, well, make the call to keep or chop then.

/Obi

Sorry for hijacking this (relevant) thread. There is no new thread option, it's disappeared, or I would have started my own.

Anyway, need an opinion. First grow, cheap purported Afghan no1 autos bought in haste from a non reputable vendor. I didn't want to waste lots of money on seeds for my first grow, but never expected the grow to go so well and I think I may have paid for my negligence in the form of a hermie.

Which I think this is, 7 weeks into grow, these look like pollen sacks, even forming on the buds... hopefully just strange bud formation but I sincerely doubt it.

Sorry for hijacking this (relevant) thread. There is no new thread option, it's disappeared, or I would have started my own.

Anyway, need an opinion. First grow, cheap purported Afghan no1 autos bought in haste from a non reputable vendor. I didn't want to waste lots of money on seeds for my first grow, but never expected the grow to go so well and I think I may have paid for my negligence in the form of a hermie.

Which I think this is, 7 weeks into grow, these look like pollen sacks, even forming on the buds... hopefully just strange bud formation but I sincerely doubt it.

Not sure that's a hermie so much as a male plant. But those are beyond the shadow of a doubt male pollen sacs. You need to get that away from you're females days ago. It may already be too late. Some of the sacs look like they've opened.

I always tell people that I'm a new grower so get other people's opinions too ... I'm withdrawing that disclaimer in your case. Get that plant out!

Ok I think these should show pistils. This morning was my time picking balls. I picked 6 sacks off. I'm not sure if the first pic is one with pistils around it, I'll give it more time.
420-magazine-mobile991189260.jpg
420-magazine-mobile328182070.jpg

I guess I'll keep this thread going to document my success/failure on this round of mj sex education.

Back
Top Bottom