Hermies with a male present

I want to know if anyone out there has had a female plant turn Hermie while a male plant has been nearby. This I have never seen personally. It seems plants can communicate using scents\pheromones or whatever. If a female could sense a male is nearby it would not have to produce its pollen in a high stress situation to ensure its survival.
If that theory is right that scent could be used to prevent hermies in our grows.

Pheromones are a thing for sure. Plants communicate all sorts of things that way.

Ever wonder why 1 plant has pests and the plant beside her does not?

Also if there's a grazing animal they can tell neighbor plants and they change smell and or taste before the grazing animal starts eating them. Its real... grasses can even produce poisons that make cows sick/meat tough as leather if over grazed. Why farmers rotate fields for cattle grazing and cut the hay and feed instead of all direct grazing.

Back to cannabis, I will let the males stay in the room in VEG and usually have a VEG tent in alongside a flower tent and open everything up during the flower day close the VEG tent up before lights out. I do think it helps with nanners early on in Flower. No science tho. You can keep a male in VEG forever almost. I do it all the time. I have one now. I just give him a hair cut when he gets tallish.. girls seem to like him.

Pheromones are a thing for sure. Plants communicate all sorts of things that way.

Ever wonder why 1 plant has pests and the plant beside her does not?

Also if there's a grazing animal they can tell neighbor plants and they change smell and or taste before the grazing animal starts eating them. Its real... grasses can even produce poisons that make cows sick/meat tough as leather if over grazed. Why farmers rotate fields for cattle grazing and cut the hay and feed instead of all direct grazing.

Back to cannabis, I will let the males stay in the room in VEG and usually have a VEG tent in alongside a flower tent and open everything up during the flower day close the VEG tent up before lights out. I do think it helps with nanners early on in Flower. No science tho. You can keep a male in VEG forever almost. I do it all the time. I have one now. I just give him a hair cut when he gets tallish.. girls seem to like him.
How do you even identify a Male in Veg ? Been trying to figure that out forever. I can't tell till I'm in flower & see balls or hairs. So what signs am I looking for ? I would love to figure this out. Thank you for any response.

I cant - they sneaky bastids, I put questionable sex plants in flower in VEG container. If Female I will up can into final container. If male I cull.
I do it that way so I dont waste a spot in the FLOWER room and waste a bunch of energy up canning a male into a large final container.

Lernt that the hard way.

Back
Top Bottom