How am I doing?

Gammagoat

I'm hoping that I am on the right track now, after a poor start.

I bought a clone mid December and tried to start it in under less than Ideal conditions(poor soil, cfl's) Didnt work to well, so I did some research and re potted plant in Promix and purchased Fox farms trio along with a purple light(philzon 600). Things improved quite a bit but as I researched more I realized that I should buy a better light, so I bought a Sf1000d which I installed today. The D variant for budget reasons.

My plant is in flower as I can see the pistils. I have a scrubber and a fan coming and am ready to switch to 12/12, I think? Currently feeding 3 tsp BB, 1 tsp GB and 1 tsp TB twice weekly.

Looking for any and all input. I also need help with fungus gnats. I have been only giving plant 6 cups of water at a time to try and control the gnats, so its never been watered to run off that I see suggested. I've tried neem oil and will be getting some DE tomorrow. Any other tips here? I'm concerned that the plant will not do well in flower if I cant give it more water.

I would think that adding my purple light back would be of some help, but I really dont want to mess with it I dont have to. Will it really matter that much or will my Sf1000d be enough? Much more interested in quality, if I can have both great but if the result is 10 more grams I'll let it be.

Any pointers for my grow space?

Clone: AJs sour diesel
Soil: Promix
Nute: FF Trio.
Water: PH'd 6.5 RO.
Light: SF100d, 600w purple unused.
Humidity: 40 - 65.
Temps no hotter than 82f no lower than 65f.

0217211701a_HDR.jpg

0217211701_HDR.jpg

0217211702a_HDR.jpg

0217211707a_HDR.jpg

0217211707_HDR.jpg

I'm hoping that I am on the right track now, after a poor start.

I bought a clone mid December and tried to start it in under less than Ideal conditions(poor soil, cfl's) Didnt work to well, so I did some research and re potted plant in Promix and purchased Fox farms trio along with a purple light(philzon 600). Things improved quite a bit but as I researched more I realized that I should buy a better light, so I bought a Sf1000d which I installed today. The D variant for budget reasons.

My plant is in flower as I can see the pistils. I have a scrubber and a fan coming and am ready to switch to 12/12, I think? Currently feeding 3 tsp BB, 1 tsp GB and 1 tsp TB twice weekly.

Looking for any and all input. I also need help with fungus gnats. I have been only giving plant 6 cups of water at a time to try and control the gnats, so its never been watered to run off that I see suggested. I've tried neem oil and will be getting some DE tomorrow. Any other tips here? I'm concerned that the plant will not do well in flower if I cant give it more water.

I would think that adding my purple light back would be of some help, but I really dont want to mess with it I dont have to. Will it really matter that much or will my Sf1000d be enough? Much more interested in quality, if I can have both great but if the result is 10 more grams I'll let it be.

Any pointers for my grow space?

Clone: AJs sour diesel
Soil: Promix
Nute: FF Trio.
Water: PH'd 6.5 RO.
Light: SF100d, 600w purple unused.
Humidity: 40 - 65.
Temps no hotter than 82f no lower than 65f.

0217211701a_HDR.jpg

0217211701_HDR.jpg

0217211702a_HDR.jpg

0217211707a_HDR.jpg

0217211707_HDR.jpg
Welcome my friend :welcome: Cute girl. Couple questions you say she has pistols, but you haven't put her into flower yet? And your 1/2 bucket does it have holes in it? Also she needs more light ,lots more light and Pronto.

Thanks for the reply Bill.

I put her into flower today, had a few more pieces to add to my grow.

Bucket has holes on the bottom, many. The bucket is a full five, I cut a hole in my cabinet floor to allow for the coming stretch. I added my blurple light back in, So I have the sf1000d and this Phlizon 600w. The two should have me at 180'ish real watts. The space I'm growing in is 2x2x4.

Thanks for the reply Bill.

I put her into flower today, had a few more pieces to add to my grow.

Bucket has holes on the bottom, many. The bucket is a full five, I cut a hole in my cabinet floor to allow for the coming stretch. I added my blurple light back in, So I have the sf1000d and this Phlizon 600w. The two should have me at 180'ish real watts. The space I'm growing in is 2x2x4.
Thats brilliant with the bucket through the floor trick you got me. :thumb:
180ish watts isn't alot but it is what you have so get that down closer to her.
You have done some nice training and you should be proud. But she needs light.

Thanks, Bill.

I really wish I could add more light, budget aside I'm having a terrible time managing heat. So adding another source of heat wouldn't be possible with current setup. I'm going to have to be pretty creative as is to keep her cool overnight.

Just did a light leak test and I have more work to do. I'll have to keep 18/6 for another day, I hope this wont set me back much?

I'll lower lights some, but top of plant was feeling pretty warm against the top of my hand.

Ok, amazon gifted me a light I was going to return. So I now have a Phlizon 900w(180 actual) and an Sf1000d(95w). I still have a Phlizon 600w, not sure if I can ventilate that much heat so I've left it out for now. I suppose that I could install each purple light laft and right of the QB and at an angle so the light will be hitting the plant.

Here are a couple of pics of venting. The fan with filter is rated at 195cfm, the fan on the grow space floor is rated at 210cfm. I have a separate opening on the door to space that is 4inches in diameter.

0219211247a_HDR.jpg

0219211247b_HDR.jpg

Don’t think she’s in flower yet. I believe what you think are pistils are prolly her just showing that she’s a chick and she’s getting sexually mature. Good job, your girl looks nice. No worries on the light mistake but avoid that in the future. Also use duct tape to black out any indicator lights on your equipment - humidifier, dehuey, timers, power strips etc if you haven’t already done so

So I solved my heat problem, there isn't one according to this article.

Never considered leaf temps, thoughts?

If you raise your humidity that should take away some of your heat and get your VPD up to par.
More than likely when your heat is 82 I bet your humidity is 40%.
Keep humidity at 65-70% and your heat will probably stay below 80.
82 isn't bad anyway, unless your humidity is below 60% then your VPD not the heat is a bigger problem.
Less water does nothing to even slow down fungus gnats.
I opened a bag of compost that was under my house for a year and fungus gnats boiled out of it, not a drop of water for over a year.
In your situation the best fungus gnat solution assuming you still have them is to use Gnatrol everytime you water for 3 weeks and take several yellow sticky traps fold them like a tent and place on top of soil.
In 3 weeks you should be gnat free.

Yup, low humidity of right around 40%. Started a crock pot and RH has increased to 52%. Going to experiment a little with the leaf temp idea and see where grow air temps fall.

Didnt know about Gnatrol, but I did start using Mosquito bits.

Thanks I'll look into it. One things for sure I'm going to need it, S/W AZ. Took a couple of clones from this plant to follow up this one. We'll be up to 120f and ten percent RH, about half way through flower.

I'm really surprised the sf 1000 wasn't enough light. I have the same light over a White Widow right now and it's doing great. I have to keep the light 40cm (16ish inches) away to avoid light/heat stress. Biggest difference is I have her in a 2x2 tent. With the light in there it gets a few degrees warmer than the house during lights on, and the transpiration from the plant keeps the rh up a bit too.

Back
Top Bottom