How do I 'bend' stalks?

punksunn

Hi Y'all...
This may sound like a schmuck question...but...

How can i 'bend' a stalk to allow more light to penetrate lower buds...i.e., plant is too tall in budding stage, and i cannot raise light (maxed out height)...would this be able to be done W/O breaking the stalk? My presumption is that with the stalk "bent" gently, would ultimately form a 'knuckle" at the bend point and the buds would then grow 90degrees from the stalk (stalk roughly horizontal)

i would just hate just 'topping it' while it still has 5-6 weeks left for bud cycle.

And....does anyone have any input about those "indoor greenhouses"?

Thanks...peace
P.S. i couldnt find ANT posts with this so all help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: How do i 'bend' stalks...

Same here, not too much head room....LST/Low Stress Training works great for me...lots of folks here use it...theres many posts and references to it here...

Its call supercropping and its pretty easy...

I would recommend trying it on a smaller insignificant branch before going for any main stalks, just in case you don't get it right the first time...

I also would suggest doing the day of or a day after watering and not when the plant is dry..

Basicly with one hand your going to pinch the stalk or branch between your thumb and pointer finger at the same time with the other hand slowly bending the branch the way you want to supercrop it.. somtimes with the tougher stalks you may want to roll your fingers slightly back and forth to assist in the bend. The main goal is to go slow, and not break the outside layer of the branch...If you already have large cola's on the branches you are supercropping, it helps greatly to hang a loop or string from above and support the branch on a 90 degree angle...as the buds develop, any supercropped branches will become heavy and weighing on the "knuckle" so its a good idea to support them from above...

Ive done this all thru day 40 of flowering with very good effects..

JUST as i expected...
I get AWESOME and QUICK responses from people who actually CARE enough to share their knowledge!

ya is gonna laff...i DID try it on an upper stalk, not too far from colas...it bent rather hard...i 'patchd' the bend with a straw (slit up side) gently positioned the bend in middle and secure loosely w/ties. it survived perfectly...but i will try the methods posted and report later

THANK YOU ALL...you all, of course...ROCK!

I aint 'religeous'...i AM, however, spiritual...Genesis 1:29...

PEACE y'all.....

Hey all you good people!

YAY...i DID it! following the awesome instructions you generous and knowledgable posters...lol...i 'pinched' and 'bend' the desired stalk...suspended them w/string (so the stalk wouldnt break)...lo and behold...the next day, the lil 3 week old budlettes started reaching up!
Now, there is a nice supportive 'knuckle' and the lil darlins are frostin up just nice!
My go to grow guru gave me some nutes to rev-up those buds!
purpleHAZE3weeks.jpg

purpleHAZE3weeksA.jpg

purpleHAZE3weeksB.jpg

Thanks again everyone! i TRUE:Y appreciate your assistance and wisdom!
CHEERS!!!:thumb::thanks::goodjob:

Hey all you good people!

YAY...i DID it! following the awesome instructions you generous and knowledgable posters...lol...i 'pinched' and 'bend' the desired stalk...suspended them w/string (so the stalk wouldnt break)...lo and behold...the next day, the lil 3 week old budlettes started reaching up!
Now, there is a nice supportive 'knuckle' and the lil darlins are frostin up just nice!
My go to grow guru gave me some nutes to rev-up those buds!
purpleHAZE3weeks.jpg

purpleHAZE3weeksA.jpg

purpleHAZE3weeksB.jpg

Thanks again everyone! i TRUE:Y appreciate your assistance and wisdom!
CHEERS!!!:thumb::thanks::goodjob:

DAMN!!!!! that close-up looks AWESOME...i did that? lmsao

OK...may I please ask an opinion? What ya think?
1) 4 more weeks under 1000w HPS (12/12 cycle) in grow tent?
2) Temp 75-80degrees Humidity 54%
3) Hydro system...good nutes...ph is 6.5-6.7
(per my go-to-grow-guru advice---this guy grows the BEST i have EVER tasted! REALLY...so i am trying to duplicate his technique w/hydroponics...which he wants to do next! lol)
4) a couple days clear water flush after 2 weeks, then back to nutes (i usually only do 65-75% nute solution to avoid lockup or overdose)
5) AND... i would like to harvest, when ready, the large nugs and let the lower nugs go another week or so...or should i just harvest all?
THANKS AGAIN for all the help...once i get these 'bugs' worked out, i should be good ta go!

OK...may I please ask an opinion? What ya think?
1) 4 more weeks under 1000w HPS (12/12 cycle) in grow tent?

get a scope, and check them trichs! best way to tell when to harvest
2) Temp 75-80degrees Humidity 54%

sounds good, maybe try to drop the humidity a little.
3) Hydro system...good nutes...ph is 6.5-6.7
(per my go-to-grow-guru advice---this guy grows the BEST i have EVER tasted! REALLY...so i am trying to duplicate his technique w/hydroponics...which he wants to do next! lol)

With hydro you want a little lower PH, despite trying to match his ph, soil and hydro respond differently. and 6.5-6.7 is quite high for hydro, you want to drop it to around 5.5 to 6, instead
4) a couple days clear water flush after 2 weeks, then back to nutes (i usually only do 65-75% nute solution to avoid lockup or overdose)

you want to flush for at least a week, if not 2, expecially in hydro
5) AND... i would like to harvest, when ready, the large nugs and let the lower nugs go another week or so...or should i just harvest all?

totally up to you. the ones closer tot he light will mature faster, and if you chop them, and let the lower ones go longer... you will gain a little bud size typically, and you can let the trichs amber up a little.
THANKS AGAIN for all the help...once i get these 'bugs' worked out, i should be good ta go!

Hey punk I think your girls look amazing...great pics and super great work bro....next time you will have these girls LST'd and WOW...I can't wait....might want to enter her into plant of the month...:peace: word

Ive had this myself on my first grow i thaught if i veg them for 8 weeks ill only need 3 plants insted of 6 and if five oww turn up its jus three plants. so my plants were near 3 ft when i put to flowering, In flowering I created a 18degrees.c drop in temp to encourage stem stretching on week 4 had about 22 inch between light n plant at lights highest point, at such a late stage in flowering I was advised not to supercrop at that stage it should be done at the end of vegging and its benefits were speeding up nutrient delivery aas llowing even light distribution and air flow, instead i was told to get hold of pipe wider than the stem slice and wrap around the stem then tie off to create the space you need and when the bud gets really heavy simply support the stem from the necasarry angle ,i just used nylon string and safety pins , damaging stems in flowering isnt good. bud creating energy is wasted repairing itself,supercropping is really intresting and also easy to digest the benefits!! look up supercropping on you tube n watch the tutorials its great for firming up ya plant and increasing overall yeild !! :thumb:

Hey punk I think your girls look amazing...great pics and super great work bro....next time you will have these girls LST'd and WOW...I can't wait....might want to enter her into plant of the month...:peace: word

Hey CannaVince...lol...thanks for the upbeat comments! Appreciate it! Since i am a cancer survivor (3 years this next april...had stage IIIa lung cancer) ...cant describe THAT hell, but i CAN say...medicinal marijuana did FAR more than those f****** meds!
ANYWAY, since i am getting this done for myself AND other patients...all this help is SO appreciated!
Stone on my friend...
P.S. i tried the cannabutter recipe here...WOW!

hey hey nibec...thank you so much for your input!
Its taken me a year, but NOW i have all the right stuff to successfully grow...the advice you (and others) have given are SO very appreciated!

gonna turn my 600w room into a veg room and make the gro-tent (w/1000w) the flowering room...

Thanks again...stay tuned for photos at harvest!

Its call supercropping and its pretty easy...

I would recommend trying it on a smaller insignificant branch before going for any main stalks, just in case you don't get it right the first time...

I also would suggest doing the day of or a day after watering and not when the plant is dry..

Basicly with one hand your going to pinch the stalk or branch between your thumb and pointer finger at the same time with the other hand slowly bending the branch the way you want to supercrop it.. somtimes with the tougher stalks you may want to roll your fingers slightly back and forth to assist in the bend. The main goal is to go slow, and not break the outside layer of the branch...If you already have large cola's on the branches you are supercropping, it helps greatly to hang a loop or string from above and support the branch on a 90 degree angle...as the buds develop, any supercropped branches will become heavy and weighing on the "knuckle" so its a good idea to support them from above...

Ive done this all thru day 40 of flowering with very good effects..

Thanks bunches ice....as you can see...lol...works good...another post warned of Supercropping in flower was NOT advisable, it worked for me...3 weeks into flower...and my girls are doin just fine! as i check em daily, as i write this, they are just freekin THRIVING!

hey hey nibec...thank you so much for your input!
Its taken me a year, but NOW i have all the right stuff to successfully grow...the advice you (and others) have given are SO very appreciated!

gonna turn my 600w room into a veg room and make the gro-tent (w/1000w) the flowering room...

Thanks again...stay tuned for photos at harvest!

For sure. I can't wait to see them when finished. You got
A good thing going there. You're going to have some monsters once you have it dialed in!

Hey nibec & 'stoned'....
Thanks for the encouragement! I really DO appreciate the assistance! Yeah, i changed the bulb out on the 600w HPS (in pic's) and BAM...they took off...
The variety i have shown is "PurpleHaze" or so i'm told...lol...i got the clones from my go-to-grow-guru....
I have 3 total P/Haze...one of em my buddy 'topped' as a clone...lol...now i have 2 plants in one!
I have a couple MobyDick's going as well...from a different clone source, seemed to be a little stunted when i got em, but at about 3 foot tall now, they is in flower cycle too...think i let them go a week or two longer...or not...lol...depends on how the bud look when i start harvest on P/Haze.
Be postin more pic's soon...stil deciding if i should put the P/Haze in the 1000w tent w/moby, or leave em with the 600w where they is now...height is the concern....too close to lamp.
Peace and nugz!

...oh...
What the HELL is a "scrog" and how do ya use it? i have a slight clue...lol
Anybody? couldnt find anything in the 'search'

Back
Top Bottom