How do I 'bend' stalks?

definatly. .. im pulling about 0.35 - 0.4 grams per watt with cfl... something people told me i would never be able to do, by using scrog... so, its in my eyes... very much worth it. ... i was getting about 0.2 grams per watt without it.

I have done 2 scrog's and definitely the way to grow with a small setup to maximize yield, especially if your doing your legal limit (here in cali is 6 per rec.) Feel free to stop thru my journals for some ideas..

thanks ica...
yeah, i checked your stuff...nice...
I can see where scrog is good...my problem is that i am using WaterFarms...not on a central reservoire...so easy access is a must!

02_14_2012purpleHAZE2weekstogo.jpg

So...lol...this is my girls about 2 weeks from harvest...got em on a flush for 5-7 days...then gonna hit em with 2/3 nutes and a blast of 0-10-6 PK boost for 2 weeks...then flush for a few days and VIOLA! happy happy joy joy...lol

...oh yeah...gonna just take the large nugs and let lower nugs have another week or so...keepin eye on triches (sp)...not lettin them get darker...

So...thanks again

Stay tuned for 'drying' and 'cured' nug-shots! lol
P.S. my guru "Moses" says i should get 7-9 oz from these two...

thanks ica...
yeah, i checked your stuff...nice...
I can see where scrog is good...my problem is that i am using WaterFarms...not on a central reservoire...so easy access is a must!

02_14_2012purpleHAZE2weekstogo.jpg

So...lol...this is my girls about 2 weeks from harvest...got em on a flush for 5-7 days...then gonna hit em with 2/3 nutes and a blast of 0-10-6 PK boost for 2 weeks...then flush for a few days and VIOLA! happy happy joy joy...lol

...oh yeah...gonna just take the large nugs and let lower nugs have another week or so...keepin eye on triches (sp)...not lettin them get darker...

So...thanks again

Stay tuned for 'drying' and 'cured' nug-shots! lol
P.S. my guru "Moses" says i should get 7-9 oz from these two...

AND....is it me or does anyone else have ta use sunglasses in the grow room? DAMNED bright in there...

ha, yeah it gets bright.

anyways, im not sure about the whole blast of nutes right before the end.. i'v always flushed and let flush...

would that not defeat the purpose of flushing?

hey nibec...
first, my guru "Moses" says a clean flush mid-flower 'calms' the plant down so to speak...final 2 weeks w/nutes, 1st week 1/2 nute sol., 2nd week 2/3 nutes. follow w/clear flush and harvest when trichs start turning dark. plus he recommends i use 1/3 MORE of the PK boost 0-10-6 w/nutes in coming nutes cycle.

So, with that, i plan on taking the 'upper' nugs first, let lower nugs go til trichs change too...that kind of thing

one small problem popped up on a plant...around the bud, the lil green leaves that are within the bud are curling weirdly...

another plant (which sadly i didnt realize was running with a clogged air hose! ...mostly only 3-fan-leaves (as opposed to a 5-7 fan leaf)...nugs look ok...just not many.

My main 3 babies look great...had to tie up several branches due to my girls gettin heavy (maybe i should get them a training bra? LOL)

AND...all plants get the same nutes in same ratios and times. re-plentish weekly and 'topping off' as needed in between.

"Moses" also told me some strains may take longer than 57-62 days to flower, but as i have read, and i believe you stated nibec, to carefully watch trichs for color change to time harvest...

WHEW...this is SO cool learning...lmsao...sure came a long way from when we would chuck seeds behind the garage and hope, yeah? But,,,i am digging the science here!
Thanks again nibec...see ya in the funny papers!
:goodjob::thumb::thanks:

hey nibec...
first, my guru "Moses" says a clean flush mid-flower 'calms' the plant down so to speak...final 2 weeks w/nutes, 1st week 1/2 nute sol., 2nd week 2/3 nutes. follow w/clear flush and harvest when trichs start turning dark. plus he recommends i use 1/3 MORE of the PK boost 0-10-6 w/nutes in coming nutes cycle.

So, with that, i plan on taking the 'upper' nugs first, let lower nugs go til trichs change too...that kind of thing

one small problem popped up on a plant...around the bud, the lil green leaves that are within the bud are curling weirdly...

another plant (which sadly i didnt realize was running with a clogged air hose! ...mostly only 3-fan-leaves (as opposed to a 5-7 fan leaf)...nugs look ok...just not many.

My main 3 babies look great...had to tie up several branches due to my girls gettin heavy (maybe i should get them a training bra? LOL)

AND...all plants get the same nutes in same ratios and times. re-plentish weekly and 'topping off' as needed in between.

Main girls are in a basement closet (finished) with 600w HPS...12/12...73degrees, 45% humidity

troubled girls in gro tent w/1000w HPS...12/12...73degrees, 40%humidity

"Moses" also told me some strains may take longer than 57-62 days to flower, but as i have read, and i believe you stated nibec, to carefully watch trichs for color change to time harvest...

WHEW...this is SO cool learning...lmsao...sure came a long way from when we would chuck seeds behind the garage and hope, yeah? But,,,i am digging the science here!
Thanks again nibec...see ya in the funny papers!
:goodjob::thumb::thanks:

oh...no bugs on any of em....ph 5.7-6.5...

I have done 2 scrog's and definitely the way to grow with a small setup to maximize yield, especially if your doing your legal limit (here in cali is 6 per rec.) Feel free to stop thru my journals for some ideas..

hey ice...my primary grow room is a closet (finished) basement...6' x 6' x 8'...W/600w HPS, 12/12 cycle...temp is about 72 and humidity is about 40%

secondary is a gro tent is 55" x 55" x 79" ...W/1000w HPS, 12/12 cycle...temp is 74ish and 40%humidity

my guru Moses sez i should be able to do 6 plants in each (my state limit is 12 plants,,,YAY)

its a huge learning curve, and it never really ends, there are always different strains that will make you go "hmm" even when you think you have it all dialed in :p.

Plus with all the different methods, lighting options, nute combo's etc.

speaking of chucking seeds... yeah, a friend had a hermi issue and got about 400 seeds a couple years ago... and come spring, he walked around the city, dropping them in random flower beds, and gardens..

They would always disapear shortly after getting more than a foot tall, but, it was kind of fun to play spot the pot that year :p

as far as the leaves curling.. could it be heat? get a picture up, its hard to diagnose without seeing.

yeah...me was thinkin heat too...1000w may be too much in a tent...

thinkin about swappin 1000w into closet grow (bigger) and put the 600w in the tent on next grow...although the 600w is doing just fine w/my PurpleHaze...lol

its a huge learning curve, and it never really ends, there are always different strains that will make you go "hmm" even when you think you have it all dialed in :p.

Plus with all the different methods, lighting options, nute combo's etc.

speaking of chucking seeds... yeah, a friend had a hermi issue and got about 400 seeds a couple years ago... and come spring, he walked around the city, dropping them in random flower beds, and gardens..

They would always disapear shortly after getting more than a foot tall, but, it was kind of fun to play spot the pot that year :p

as far as the leaves curling.. could it be heat? get a picture up, its hard to diagnose without seeing.

laffin here...lol..."spot the pot" thats a hoot!

hey nibec
here are some pics...sorry about the 'stripes'...something to do w/lights i think

Trouble02_16_2012.jpg
02_16_2012PurpleHaze.jpg
02_16_2012PurpleHazeA.jpg

the 'troubled' (top photo)photo should show the 'twisted/stunted' top nug...other nugs look good actually....

these were taken today...like i said, my girls in the big room are fine i think (second 2 photos)
i think the trichs are tinted slightly by the HPS light

its my hope that tomorrow, i am gonna switch lights...1000w into large roon, 600w to gro-tent...and when i get them back on nutes (on saturday) it should go good

yeah, the stripes are from the light frequency. have to shut the light off to get rid of them.

if it looks healthy... roll with it i guess.. not really sure whats going on there.

Hey nibec...
checked w/my gro-guru "Moses"...lol...he agree's...heat stress...no biggie...

SO...i moved em to the large groroom (switched 600w for 1000w in large room) Gro tent has some 'unique' clones vegging under 600MH (74temp/45hum)...1/2 nutes for a week, then 2/3 nutes till flower (18/6 lt-cycle).

My PurpleHaze, which are ROCKIN...lol) in lg room w/1000w HPS on a 12/12 cycle...trichs STILL look white/clear...and back on 2/3 nutes and nice dose of 0-10-6 PK boost...Moses says it will increase nug size...gonna go this route for 2 more weeks and flush again in anticipation of trichs turning...

I have about 20 lines ties to branches! LMSAO...the cola's are getting SOOOOOOOOO heavy....all covered in frosty sticky goodness!

LOL...my hands and arms get covered w/sticky while just inspecting everything!

hope all is well...comments? :thanks:

hey y'all...here is an update on the PurpleHaze and MobyDick...

THAR SHE BLOWS....
....well...PurpleHaze first 2, moby the rest...
purplehazeB_02_21_2012.jpg
purplehazeA_02_21_2012.jpg
mobydickA_02_21_2012.jpg
mobydickB_02_21_2012.jpg

...more to come...:peace:

Back
Top Bottom