How long can you veg for until you flip to flowering?

im defs not an expert on anything…

ok maybe not literally veg indefinitely but properly cared for clone moms can live for a decade… of course a clone mom is not really vegging either. Just because one died with preflowers doesnt mean all weed chemovars are doomed and can’t veg indefinitely….light hours / gas light routine should keep them out of flower

Read a few great posts from @bobrown14 about how it’s not genetic drift but rather introducing virus / bacteria (from unsterile cloning) by doing clone after clone for generations. At some point I’d imagine clone strains hit the wall hard enough to force the grower to restart genetics by waterboarding more beans.

I agree that some genetics do better than others for staying in veg the longest.

Did you ever trim the roots or any of the other bonsai methods for keeping a plant small? That is a lot of plant for a presumably way to small for it pot.

The roots self-trimmed because it was in a smart pot. I could have done more pruning of branches. All in all, that plant was left to kind of go wild, which it did, and there was also a heat factor I think in that greenhouse.

Just remember to leave space for your lights. you'll need to subtract the height of the lights plus the recommended distance from the canopy.
Say you have a 6' tall tent, subtract say 10" for the light and say 18" clearance to the canopy. Then subtract the height of your pot, say 10" leaves 72"-38" = 34". Assuming she'll double in size during flower you may not want her taller than 18" (from top of soil to top of canopy.

Back
Top Bottom