How long do nutes "keep" for

Another newbie question is how exactly to transition from 20 / 4 to 12 / 12. Currently I am turning off at 10am and on at 2pm. So should I have my 12/12 start at 2pm and end at 2am, and swap them? Somewhere it said to leave it on for over 24 hours, meaning leave it on through 10am until 10am the next morning and run the 12/12 until 10pm?

I would rather start 12 / 12 at 6pm and go to 6am if possible.

All I can tell you is fox farms. Grow big and Tiger bloom three years. Big Bloom can last 4 years and only gets better within those 4 years. Sledgehammer, kangaroots and microbe brew two years. I actually emailed them about the best way to store the nutes and thats the answer they gave me.

Mixed nutes i think the limit is around 2-3 days if i recall right. You can smell it when they are turning on you.

Found this in another thread, in case anyone is looking for an answer.

I kinda have a question to play off this, but after mixing all your nutes what should your PH be to that mix? After I add tiger bloom the ph to my water drops a lot and I don’t want to give my plant that so I just have been waiting until I get money for PH UP. Is this correct?

Once I mix up a gallon of Big Bloom, Grow Big, or Tiger Bloom, how long can I keep it around for?

Second question, do seedlings require more often watering or should I let the soil dry completely as per the normal directions?

I would mix things as you use them - it's better for your plants and it's better for keeping your nutes for longer periods of time.

Just use it when you mix it, then mix again when you need it, etc.

Seedlings need just enough water - too much and they'll drown. Keeping a close eye on your grow is the best way to ensure you have enough water, but not so much that you're hurting the plants either.

To me, it sounds like you're trying to find some short cuts, but you really should be working on watching your plants closely before you start trying to make things easier. IMHO

Also, I would suggest you use Advanced Nutrients whenever you can. Nothing against what you're using, but I've really seen some awesome results with my nute lineup. Hobbyist bundle rocks, but I've moved to the Expert level bundle and that's pretty kick ass too.

I would say try not to leave it sitting around mixed for to long. the reason is over time the PH will fluctuate which will have adverse effects on your plants. To low and you will have nute lock out too high and you get nute lock out as well as kill your plant.

I do not recommend keeping your seedlings very wet at all. the medium you start them in should hold enough moister to keep them going for a while. If you allow them to stay too wet you will kill them with rot. Trust me I just did this to two little ones... Its heart breaking.

LetsBeBuds whats the ph after you mix the nutes and whats your style? do you grow soil, soiless, hydro, passive hydro?? Your ph depends a lot on this.

i leave in 24 - 36 hours of darkness when going to 12/12 , then you can set your times wherever you want ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, smokr1

it shocks them into flowering basically , you will see signs of flowering in a couple of days after the lights is turned back on 12/12 , you can also change your times on/off to different hrs of the day too , i ussually shut it off at the time im going to be shutting it off and then have it come on at the time you want a whole day later .......... just sayin works for me ................... smokr1 :peace:

I did an experiment with 3 Grand Daddy Purps. 2 Went into 24 hours of darkness before 12/12, 1 went straight into 12/12

At first the the one that went straight in flowered first but the 2 that went into 24 hours of dark have caught up and I think passed the straight one.

Going to try and take updated pics today. but the link to the grow is in my signature

Back
Top Bottom