How long left till harvest, plus a hermie in same area

thebear88

Day 45 from seed, 22 day veg, 12/12 since then, how long do you think til harvest time, this is my first grow,

The 3 pic is a different strain, just started flowering too, but is a hermie but have no room to move, is hermie weed good to smoke, I know it gona pollenate my other plant but can it hermie an auto I have in the same space

Attachments

• IMG_20200723_142345.jpg
    IMG_20200723_142345.jpg
    877.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20200723_142343.jpg
    IMG_20200723_142343.jpg
    929.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20200723_142316.jpg
    IMG_20200723_142316.jpg
    647.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20200723_142309.jpg
    IMG_20200723_142309.jpg
    803.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20200723_142301.jpg
    IMG_20200723_142301.jpg
    904.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20200723_142257.jpg
    IMG_20200723_142257.jpg
    1,003.6 KB · Views: 46
Long time to go (month easy), a Hermie can/will pollinate any Cannabis plants and will make seeds in your females/hermies, it affects volume of your finished product and effect/potency to a certain point. You just have to "oldschool" pick out all the seeds before you smoke it.

thanks for your reply,,,,
ive been picking them off the male parts now everytime I see them appear, don't mind seeds in my weed but will there be loads and is it ok to pick them off, I'm thinking if I get them as they first appear then then cant pollenate the other one,,,, or am I just wasting my time? also can a hermie pollenate an autoflower that's in the same place as the other 2.

thanks for your reply,,,,
ive been picking them off the male parts now everytime I see them appear, don't mind seeds in my weed but will there be loads and is it ok to pick them off, I'm thinking if I get them as they first appear then then cant pollenate the other one,,,, or am I just wasting my time? also can a hermie pollenate an autoflower that's in the same place as the other 2.

It can technically pollinate a plant miles away from you, hermie pollen in my experience isn't super viable but still chance. And like I said any sort of Cannabis plant it can pollinate be it Reg or Auto or Fem or Hemp for that matter. Depends on how much it throwing out far as male parts or nanners go, can try and pick them off but you will miss some and they will open or it will put out so many no hope of trying to pick them all off.

Thanks again Dwight monk, so will I still be looking forward to some smokable weed in around a month time then u think,?

Thanks again Dwight monk, so will I still be looking forward to some smokable weed in around a month time then u think,?

Far as I'm concerned, as with everything opinions on both sides of the fence and everywhere else in between ;).....Stuff I pollinated on purpose I couldn't tell any difference in the high from another Clone of same Mother that wasn't pollinated. I agree with belief that it the cuts down on the quantity of finished flower but not the quality to me. Just seeds are a pain to deal with (but I remember when everything had seeds back in the day, so not an issue for me) and it tanks the value if you growing commercially, so in that case yeah better to just cull the Hermies if you growing to sell.

thanks Dwight monk, that was the answer I was looking for, I'm growing to get my own smoke, as spend too much money on it, and it something that I have always wanted to do, lifes too short worrying about getting caught growing 3 plants, just looking forward until harvest time as I originally thought the seeds were autos and have had to wait a bit longer than I thought

will the seeds all be feminised seeds. the plants are OG Kush and BCN-XXL Critical, does that mean I have just bred my own strain of seeds, :) does a weed plant ever make exceptions on who it pollenates, will there always be breeding if a hermie mixes with femaless, sorry for all the questions, its just fascinating, wish I had a garden now, id have a proper wee green house set up for vegetables and weed, thank you

just seen your Black Columbian OG & Blueberry Hashplant grow, did you cross them different strains and this was the end result, looks really good,

just seen your Black Columbian OG & Blueberry Hashplant grow, did you cross them different strains and this was the end result, looks really good,

Those were Strains I bought, I have a few that I messed with as an experiment (that Black OG I dusted with an Ace of Spades I had a male of). You can wander thru my last link thread (Plant and Pics thread), as I never had time to do a Journal correctly (sporadic in my posting in it) as pics of a variety of things I have grown last 4 years and can see where I started and were I progressed to a point ;) :rofl:

will the seeds all be feminised seeds. the plants are OG Kush and BCN-XXL Critical, does that mean I have just bred my own strain of seeds, :) does a weed plant ever make exceptions on who it pollenates, will there always be breeding if a hermie mixes with femaless, sorry for all the questions, its just fascinating, wish I had a garden now, id have a proper wee green house set up for vegetables and weed, thank you

Not if pollen from a Hermie better odds of it being a Hermie most folks think (but I haven't tested that theory yet). Feminized is if you self it with chemicals, though the seeds from the Hermie may be Fem if it was a Fem plant (but I'm not sure on that, there's others here with better knowledge on the breeding stuff as I'm still Frankenstein mad scientist on that :rofl: coupled with I haven't grow Fem or Auto seeds much).

Good thread to read thru if you have some time and learn some things on breeding, along with asking questions there Dankman and Jackalope and quite a few other folks in that thread are more knowledgeable on that subject.

Back
Top Bottom