How much poultry manure every gallon mix?

baxbax

Hello, I'm running organic for rest of my grows I bought this poultry manure , just wonder how much should add for every gallon of soil , I have 50% peat and about 30% worm casting and 20% coco

Any help is acceptable

Hehe back to this again i see no further help at present :thumb:

Right more likely no more than a couple of oZ per gallon of soil at best even tho poultry manure is a reasonable sort term acting nutrient which may need to applied every 4 to 6 weeks as a further top dressing & water in.

As ya mixing in with the soil perhaps a lower dosage is best as it better to under than over do it when ya got young plants in the stuff, later on you can apply as top dressing and water in etc

The only problem i see so far is peat & if pure peat is largely acidic PH might be some where between PH 3 to 4.5 & coco is more mild acidic range around PH 5.5 the worm castings sound be very mild acidic pushing neutral PH the poultry manure PH range could be some where between PH 6.5 to 8 depending on lots of stuff not gonna bore ya with that stuff !

Ya more likely going to need dolomite lime or garden lime to PH correct ya mix to pull this off tho...

I'd get a mortar and pestle and grind up those pellets. Will take a while and you'll have sore arms but it will act faster and be easier to top dress with. Plus, the grinding might crush any extra seeds that the chickens ate..! Throw a couple/3 handfuls of that into every wheelbarrow-full of mix.. It can be "hot", and burn plants, so start with less.. Even better if you can let the mix sit and age for a few weeks..
I agree with Fuzzy. Personally, I prefer coco. But lime etc will help with that. As Fuzzy said, don't go overboard with anything, esp. the chook poo.. You can always add more later... Go nuts with EWC, but too much can make your soil 'muddy' and hard to water..
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom