Hydro Newbie

It sounds like your temperatures are a bit too high. Running your exhaust at 100% would help keep the temperature down, but it looks like your humidity gets too low when you run your exhaust. Is your lung room humidity too low to run your exhaust at 100% without your tent humidity dropping too low?
If so, I think you may want a humidifier in your lung room vs. a dehumidifier. If you could run your exhaust 100% of the time it would keep your temps down, and if the room humidity were in the correct range (50-60%) your tent humidity would stay in the correct range. Do you measure the temperature & humidity in your lung room?
Could not have explained my situation better @LKABudMan BudMan Yes..my "lungroom" is in a very sealed and secured garage.. that yes has its own humidity issues slightly lower/better than tent...exactly that.
But only few hours ago I cut a hole in a wall to vent carbon filter into second chamber..main part of room.. and reversed main intake fan from sucking o2 from second lung now venting in from new hole/vent going straight into roof cavity. Last 4 hours have solved 2 big issues slightly.. I have watered twice in the last 6hours..and now plant booming still holding perfect levels. this after watering 1hr ago..wicked for me!
Second issue..@Bill284 got me real worried about heat..so after listening, watching several of your videos I smashed holes in walls and sealing with new ducted vents changing inlet and outlets. I have had a slight up in humidity 55% to now 63% Max.. but I'm down to about 27-28 degrees. Comparing over next few hours and have turned inlet to 100% intake..and carbon outlet to second chamber running at 75% atm. Will be adjusting all night to get perfect intake/outtake/humidity.
I'm also putting timmer back on in morning after reservoir change to 15/120 then a few days later hoping for more like 15/60 on/off flood
Screenshot_20220408-024058.jpg

Just got out of tent so bit high atm.. 30 mins be more like 27degreesC and hitting 56% over last few hours. Good day..thanks gentlemen.
20220408_024835.jpg

Very expensive reverse cycle dehumidifier on its way next few days.. only small at 75cm..but mighty with air and carbon built in filters. Can't wait!!

Screenshot_20220407-152724_Chrome.jpg

Ps gentlemen.. is 3 of you I already admire.. @bluter @LKABudMan and @Bill284 LWGENDS..learning heaps quick. Thankyou.

55% - 62% is perfect range.
Have you seen the vpd chart.
Veg I run .9 or so.
Flower 1.3 or so.
See the temp rh correlation.

Stay safe
Bill

Screenshot_20220309-104413_Google.jpg
Hi @Bill284.Presuming from Mr Google that a VPD chart is used with a dehumidifier as I'm unsure what these numbers are yet?
Regards.

Hi @Bill284.Presuming from Mr Google that a VPD chart is used with a dehumidifier as I'm unsure what these numbers are yet?
Regards.
My bad..see you have to watch these newbies. I now understand the devise and lingo and have just bought the pricey little sukker. Let you know in a few days when arrives and I play for a bit.
Regards @Bill284
Screenshot_20220408-041934_Chrome.jpg

P.s.. Aussie prices here. We get hammered for anything US/UK/EU practical...

My bad..see you have to watch these newbies. I now understand the devise and lingo and have just bought the pricey little sukker. Let you know in a few days when arrives and I play for a bit.
Regards @Bill284
Screenshot_20220408-041934_Chrome.jpg

P.s.. Aussie prices here. We get hammered for anything US/UK/EU practical...
Nice little unit. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

there's a few things to unpack here

Yes..my "lungroom" is in a very sealed and secured garage.. that yes has its own humidity issues slightly lower/better than tent...exactly that.

a lung room is not the room the plants are in. that's a grow room.

a lung room is the room that the grow room is inside. that would be the garage in your case. the grow room is a room within a room. the lung room is the room outside of the grow room.

a lung room is not a lung room unless it is vented to outdoor at a minimum. to do it proper the environment would be controlled in the lung room as well as the grow space in addition.

But only few hours ago I cut a hole in a wall to vent carbon filter into second chamber..main part of room.. and reversed main intake fan from sucking o2 from second lung now venting in from new hole/vent going straight into roof cavity. Last 4 hours have solved 2 big issues slightly..

you just created a massive problem. exhaust to outdoor only. moving grow room air to another indoor space is only going to create much much greater issues. things like black mold and other trouble costing tens of thousands to correct if left unchecked.

it will also keep humidity high and ultimately your plants will suffer.

I have watered twice in the last 6hours..and now plant booming still holding perfect levels. this after watering 1hr ago..wicked for me!

don't live by that meter. only tears lie that way. i would learn to grow the plant. as it is you are learning to lean on the gear. not a long term proposition.

Second issue..@Bill284 got me real worried about heat..so after listening, watching several of your videos I smashed holes in walls and sealing with new ducted vents changing inlet and outlets. I have had a slight up in humidity 55% to now 63% Max.. but I'm down to about 27-28 degrees. Comparing over next few hours and have turned inlet to 100% intake..and carbon outlet to second chamber running at 75% atm. Will be adjusting all night to get perfect intake/outtake/humidity.
I'm also putting timmer back on in morning after reservoir change to 15/120 then a few days later hoping for more like 15/60 on/off flood

your jumping through hoops creating complicated answers to simple problems. your humidity is bad because you aren't exhausting to outdoor. solve for that and all other issues disappear or become easy to manage.

Very expensive reverse cycle dehumidifier on its way next few days.. only small at 75cm..but mighty with air and carbon built in filters. Can't wait!!

what is your ambient rh % ? that is the rh outside of the grow space in the rest of the house. that sets your baseline and determines if you really need to waste all that cash on a piece of equipment that likely don't need.

the cheapest and best way to control humidity is move and exhaust air - to outdoor. dehums used incorrectly create their own issues.

Understanding more daily thanks @bluter . I don't know the lingo and haven't explained well. I have a 1.5m2 tent in a 3m2 lungroom concealed again in a sealed garage. I have done lastnight exactly what you have explained I think. Originally my grow air was my lung air coming from the garage air that is security sealed. Massive ph issues in eastern Aus atm anyway with constant unseasonal rain..but everyone has mould issues even old Betty next door who is 80.
Yes..your so correct. I have grown 1 plant outdoors and failed..then again same everything I've grown 2000 at same time and succeeded. Money ain't a bother so yes..back to basics learning hydro properly with help from Legends like you...just tricky gadgets to make things as 100% as possible.Now my grow air is coming from my lung air that comes from my garage air.. garage air is air-conditioned set at 23degrees and 52-55% humidity. Lung air is approx 24degrees @ about 56-58% (if I stay out of tent long enough) as is secured from neighbours and tent air I now have to 27-28 degrees @ 58-60% right this minute.Carbon filter outlet air is now ducted 12metres to the highest point in my roof cavity and flows out under roof tiles below foil skin. Just finished all this and have not slept. Turned everything on and locked up.. will update results soon. Once settled I'm expecting a 23-25 degree tent @ 55%
You learnt me a heap in a few paragraphs thanking you @bluter

Understanding more daily thanks @bluter . I don't know the lingo and haven't explained well. I have a 1.5m2 tent in a 3m2 lungroom concealed again in a sealed garage. I have done lastnight exactly what you have explained I think. Originally my grow air was my lung air coming from the garage air that is security sealed. Massive ph issues in eastern Aus atm anyway with constant unseasonal rain..but everyone has mould issues even old Betty next door who is 80.
Yes..your so correct. I have grown 1 plant outdoors and failed..then again same everything I've grown 2000 at same time and succeeded. Money ain't a bother so yes..back to basics learning hydro properly with help from Legends like you...just tricky gadgets to make things as 100% as possible.
Now my grow air is coming from my lung air that comes from my garage air.. garage air is air-conditioned set at 23degrees and 52-55% humidity. Lung air is approx 24degrees @ about 56-58% (if I stay out of tent long enough) as is secured from neighbours and tent air I now have to 27-28 degrees @ 58-60% right this minute.
Carbon filter outlet air is now ducted 12metres to the highest point in my roof cavity and flows out under roof tiles below foil skin. Just finished all this and have not slept. Turned everything on and locked up.. will update results soon. Once settled I'm expecting a 23-25 degree tent @ 55%
You learnt me a heap in a few paragraphs thanking you @bluter

All sounds weird and wonderfull? Why bother with 3 growing chambers? Why so many gadgets?.Simple answer.. I have 3 teenage children living with me that don't have a clue what's in daddy's garage.. that and the 100% reason I spose... Australia is F$%$@ED and this basic pleasure in life is still very illegal here.
I'm not rich..when I say money isn't a problem..id just prefer gadgets and self sustainability rather than be ripped of daily @ $300 Aus a Oz/ per week.

Quick update after a reservoir clean and change and some new ideas from you blokes overnight I am getting results..and relaxing a little. Humidity still too high imo but it is day 4 here of constant drizzle rain so very happy with overnight efforts and results so far.
20220408_173732.jpg

Watered 30mins ago with fresh solution...46% alittle high but be below 40% hour or so. Timer now set 30mins every 6hours.
Screenshot_20220408-174030.jpg

Until it stops raining (worse wet in Aus in a long time).. I can't improve humidity anymore. Can't wait for dehumidafier to arrive. Was 4 weeks wait from ANY retailer in Australia for one as its that wet here there are none available in the whole state! Awaiting US Customs and covid backlogs for my problem fixer uperer..

Carbon filter outlet air is now ducted 12metres to the highest point in my roof cavity and flows out under roof tiles below foil skin.

i'm not entirely sure how that works. it is best if ducted direct to outside. letting it flow in to a cavity then allowing it to vent passively could create trouble. there aren't many environments where that works well.

I have 3 teenage children living with me that don't have a clue what's in daddy's garage..

if they are human children they've probably figured it out. most folk i know with kids take a different approach. i know plenty of growers with families.

edit : your ambient rh would justify the use of a dehum.

Back
Top Bottom