Hydro Veg to Flower Transition

HolyBuckets

Good Morning 420 folks,

I'm a long time lurker/researcher, newbie subscriber.

I have looked up and down and am having a hard time nailing down a feeding schedule during my 30hr Dark transition period...:(

If it were a soil grow, this would be a non-issue, however since Hydro there is a bit of concern, thus the reasoning for posting under hydro versus Flowering.

In any event here some basics for those that would like to aid in my transition:

Ebb & Gro, 12 (2gal) containers
Indica, BigBud and Jack Flash
Medium is Hydroton
18/6 current veg
2 600w HPS
Current Feeding every 4hrs/15mins
AN nutes, MGB 4mls/liter, 1200-1300 PPM, Ph 5.6-6.2
Room is 150sq/ft
room temps 68-75
rez temps 65-68
RH 55%-60%

Plants are healthy, happy and thriving, just time to switch to 12/12 and keep them Happy and Healthy as that is the name of the game..;)

Thanks a million...:Namaste:

If your veg solution is stable, I would recommend keeping it during the dark period, then change to fresh bloom nutes when lights go back on. Plants seem to leach things back into the solution during the dark periods that tend to change the pH of the solution so I'd rather go into that period knowing I have a very stable nute solution that won't give me fits as the plants react to no light for an extended period.

If your veg solution is not stable, then try to have a batch of bloom nute solution mixed up & stable for a day or two ready to go in case you need to change it before the dark cycle. I plan my changes a a day or two in advance so I draw a second 27 gal reservoir at that time and run an airstone in it overnight, then add nutes and balance everything the day of the change. I give the solution a few hours to balance out and then do the change.

I can't speak for ebb n gro as I do rdwc. But I leave the nutes as they are until lights on. Then I do a res change with a 50/50 mix of veg/bloom per my normal amounts for each phase (late veg mix and transition). That was until I switched to Blue Planet Nutrients. With BPN I do the res change after the 30 hrs dark and mix as transition phase. Once sex has shown I go to the bloom mix until stretch is over, then monster bloom mix.

Thanks Guys, I tend to over think this stuff at times then remember the Awesome KISS method...LoL.

In any event I just used some basic reasoning, such as my grow space is A/C controlled and is a constant 68 when lights are out. Therefore I dialed down the feedings to 6hr/15mins. My Veg solution is very stable for the ** most part ** (will elaborate in a few), so I just ran it through the 30 dark period, I must say that I was a little nervous, however the Lady's were very Bright Eyed and Bushy tailed when I greeted them at 0800 for their first day of Flowering. Did a Rez change, a good flush and full on nutes and dialed in the feedings to 3hr/15mis with lights on 4hr/15 lights off for now.

2nd day into Flowering tips on upper plants and new growth appear to be either A) a tad on the Nute burn B) A little N deprived or C) a tad to close to the hood. Nothing that a little attention to detail cant solve...:) Next time I will take your guys advice and ease into to Nutes for Flowering, but this leads me to the nute Solution delima.

I am so pH conscious that it is the basis of every action that I make with the Lady's, however this Bloody new AN pH perfect mumbo-jumbo has me a little concerned. First off their directions are less than adequate on the Bottles (in regards to pH'ing the soup). So I give their support staff a holler and they say " Don't t worry about what your pH meter is reading, as it is engineered for the plants to uptake what it needs regardless of your pH" (well don't totally quote me on that, but that is the just of it). So with that being said I am still a bit nervous, but everything seems to be coming along very nice.

Thanks again for the help...:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom