Hydro or Soil? 2nd grow

johnnyblazeon

Planning on my next grow possibly 7 plants a mix of Dark devil Red poison Black cream and Devil cream. With maybe two photo type plants vegging for three months next to them in soil. Planning on using a 600w hps and possibly another 250w hps next too it (the two vegging photos under the 250) will be using a double tent not sure of exact dimensions as of yet. I want a yield at least 3 oz per plant I have yet to determine what to grow the autos in? Ive only ever used soil but with help im sure hydro is possible! Im just unsure of the nutes and ppm ect.. let me know your thoughts and ideas! I want more planning for this grow to get the best quality smoke for my personal use!

Sent from my NEM-L51 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Planning on my next grow possibly 7 plants a mix of Dark devil Red poison Black cream and Devil cream. With maybe two photo type plants vegging for three months next to them in soil. Planning on using a 600w hps and possibly another 250w hps next too it (the two vegging photos under the 250) will be using a double tent not sure of exact dimensions as of yet. I want a yield at least 3 oz per plant I have yet to determine what to grow the autos in? Ive only ever used soil but with help im sure hydro is possible! Im just unsure of the nutes and ppm ect.. let me know your thoughts and ideas! I want more planning for this grow to get the best quality smoke for my personal use!

Hydro all the way you will love it. Dwc buckets brother easy as soil

Only thing in worried about is the whole ppm thing is it hard to adjust and what exactly is it?what other things do I need to really keep an eye on? And if I do hydro thinking of a dwc bucket as you said made by myself just need to know exactly how to make them thinking one plant per 5gal container and maybe doing 4 or 5 under a 600

Only thing in worried about is the whole ppm thing is it hard to adjust and what exactly is it?what other things do I need to really keep an eye on? And if I do hydro thinking of a dwc bucket as you said made by myself just need to know exactly how to make them thinking one plant per 5gal container and maybe doing 4 or 5 under a 600

There's many ways to do hydroponic but I personally think Dwc is the best and easiest as long as your setup is easy to move around is use 1 plant per bucket with 6 inch net pot. Now as of ppm parts per million represents how much nutrients or other elements in your water. Now the idea is to start with lowest ppm water u can find I use reverse osmosis around 17 ppm then as u add your nutes u will come up with a overall number like 700 and as long as u keep it in suggested range u will b good and as u replace the water with ph water 5.8-6.2 the ppm will go down showing the amount that has bin use and u can replace the nutes or do weekly water changes and start clean and fresh every week

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

There's many ways to do hydroponic but I personally think Dwc is the best and easiest as long as your setup is easy to move around is use 1 plant per bucket with 6 inch net pot. Now as of ppm parts per million represents how much nutrients or other elements in your water. Now the idea is to start with lowest ppm water u can find I use reverse osmosis around 17 ppm then as u add your nutes u will come up with a overall number like 700 and as long as u keep it in suggested range u will b good and as u replace the water with ph water 5.8-6.2 the ppm will go down showing the amount that has bin use and u can replace the nutes or do weekly water changes and start clean and fresh every week

Thank you for the quick breakdown iceman! only thing im concerned about is the noise of the air and water pump? It will be in a garage and if its loud im certain ill have the neighbourhood thieves snooping! Ive been looking at dwc ebb and flow or coco as opposed to soil I want good yields in my head I want 6oz plants but realistically id be happy with 3oz.. whats your experience with dwc? What kind of yields did you gain and was the equipment loud?
JB :)

There is no ppm +or- if u wanna raise it u add more nutes or lower it u add ph water now as of pumps not really loud at all sounds like a fish tank an if your worried put a outdoor pound in could b a little one just give people a idea of where the sounds r coming from this is my first Dwc run but with all the info I've learned I built my own bucket and have a closet room growing with a auto flower because it only gets so tall a of yield this would b my first but for Dwc but I really don't need quanta I look for quality constitute nutes and ph make a clean smoke after flush
420-magazine-mobile1709796379.jpg

Yah just a 5 gall bucket with 3 4 inch air stones and a 300 gall volume per hour air pump I didn't do too feed due to needing another water pump in the bucket with the air stones it actually raises water temp now what I did was fill my be pot with hydrotin and fill my bucket with reg water just to check how wet the hydrotin would stay u don't want it to wet It acts like a wick and pulls the water to the plant if it stays to wet it can rot at the base of the plant but every other day I would top water a lil just to make sure it's moist but as soon as I hade roots from the bottom of the net pot I stooped I've read that u want the roots to work for there water not just b always sitting in it a healthy plant starts from the bottom now I use 3-31/2 gall of water in my bucket ad I change it weekly my Rez temp is 65* and when I add water I get it from the fridge cold ro water if water temp gets to warm it can start to root rot or bad bacteria u don't want and Algae growth also I clean all my equipment with vinegar water mix seams to work fine for me

Really top feed is only needed till the roots hit the water but if u have a lot of air there will b splashing and a mist inside of the bucket u should b fine with watering from the top every other day as long as your hydrotun stays moist in the bottom of your net pot

Another thing I learned is to put the airlines in the lid of the bucket because the roots love to grow around that shit and every time u take apart to Chang Rez u brake roots I didn't like that Also u will need a way to check your fluids on inside so u will need room to remove the plant from the bucket that was tricky when it's a bush lol

When you get tired of cleaning and replacing airstones, you can get by without them. You might be able to see it in some of my photos, if not the links below will give you some idea of what I mean when I say the air is injected into the bottom of my buckets.

My buckets have a side tube/water level indicator. Similar to the ones used in the build below. The top of those tubes have a grommet with a hole in the middle. My airline is slipped into that grommet and air is pumped in directly. To check water level I just remove the air line. No airstones, and works as well I think. Take a look back at some of my grows and you tell me. :)

Rifleman's - DIY 27 Gal Tote DWC Part 1

Rifleman's - DIY 27 Gal Tote DWC Part 2

What confuses the hell out of me is the whole ppm thing how do I know how much nutrients to add to add back so much is it different amounts for different nutrient brands ect?

I use GH products and love them i add, i have other additives, like earth juice hi-brix, Cal-Mag, armor si, diamond Nectar, and other things i try like mammoth p, i love mammoth p it makes huge yeilds and strong stems check it out

I use GH products and love them i add, i have other additives, like earth juice hi-brix, Cal-Mag, armor si, diamond Nectar, and other things i try like mammoth p, i love mammoth p it makes huge yeilds and strong stems check it out
Im currently using dutch pro a+b budda tree or house pk9/18 and dutch pro explode all in soil. Do you rest ppm and how do you work out how much more to add when its low

What confuses the hell out of me is the whole ppm thing how do I know how much nutrients to add to add back so much is it different amounts for different nutrient brands ect?

Here is how I do it. There may be other ways but this is what works for me.

I take a ppm reading with my tds meter of the beginning 4 gallons/15L of water. We'll call it 150ppm.
Then check the nutrient manufacturer recommendation for my plants stage of growth.
AN says 1ml/L for cuttings and seedlings, or in my case 15ml.

I know that is going to produce a nutrient level (I'll tell you how to figure that in a moment) that will burn up my seedling.... So, I usually start off with 9ml/15L. This has come through trial and error. After adding in the 9ml of m,g,b I take another ppm reading. Call it 450ppm. Subtract the original ppm of the water and I'm left with a nutrient ppm of roughly 300ppm. As my plant grows I up the nutrients by 3ml each water change until I see burnt tips, then back back to the last week's level.

Plants will get thirsty in bloom especially. So when I'm having to top off the reservoir each day I add back a dilute solution of water and nutrients. For example today was a water change day. I started with 4gal/15L and added 21ml m,g,b(AN wants me to use 60ml) When I add water Tues I will mix only 9ml nutrients to 15L water and top off with that solution.

Clear as mud now? :biglaugh: I'll try to clarify if I've cornfuzzled you, just let me know. :)

I have 2 tds meters hsvent touched one in years. I go by bottle recommend and cut in half. Never go above. I mix 5 gallons of water every mix. In late flowering it calls for 15ml of bloom per gallon i only put 50ml for 5 gallons so i cut it back on everything. I use SOS for healthy roots. Call for 10ml per gallon and i use 20ml in 5 gallons so its just using your best judgements and at first use a tds. Early veg 700 late veg 900 to 1000. Flowering 1100 to 1500 and ripen around 1100 also. Then i flush with non ph water for 7 to 10 days. I am hydro tho so its different than soil currently my mother's are in FFOF oceans forest and i only add Cal-Mag, armor si, and earth juice hi-brix. Once they get some flowers ill add so bloom and a lil micro but nothing crazy its hot already

Back
Top Bottom