Hydro RDWC - Dr. Krippling's Puff Puff Passout - Advanced LED 350 XML

What's up Bamal :lot-o-toke:

V

Not too much V! :) Same old stuff, living life and growing plants! :) I have to say that the stem on your purple is freaking huge. Why are you growing it leaning to one side like that?

Not too much V! :) Same old stuff, living life and growing plants! :) I have to say that the stem on your purple is freaking huge. Why are you growing it leaning to one side like that?

Thanks Comrade, I took 4 clones off her.
She is leaning because I think it is easier than mainlining or fluxing, I call it "Vlad's horizontal LST". This way I get lots of colas without topping

V

That is legit. I have to say that so far I am not seeing a problem with mainling/fluxing. It is true that you get about 4 days of recovery after you top but they do grow well afterwards. It seems to me that topping gives you twice as much branching and therefor twice as much bud sites as doing a single stem. But then again, I am mostly going off of what I have seen from other journals.

Just be careful laying plants down to far out... later you will need to support all the weight as it hovers in the air above.. nothing... gravity...

I have been doing LST and HST on the canopy only.. haven't topped. When you lst or hst all those side nugs become big cola's. similar to scrog but with tying down or snapping stems. There is a bunch of ways to do it..

But i did want to mention the weight bearing thing... twice i have forced plants sideways past where it sits and both times i had to support a lot. i was slightly concerned as it makes it want to lean etc in the res...

Plan accordingly ;)

:peace:

FE

FE,

I agree that the weight could become an issue. I am hoping that it does. :) For support, I am using a single screen at the top and then I will place a second screen at the end of the second week of stretch. This will give me, I hope, enough support for the colas. People have said that clones do not stretch as much as plants from seed. I hope this is true. I am growing these bigger than the first round. I will post pics later today or tomorrow. They are taking off really nicely now. The change is pretty dramatic over even just 3 days ago.

What I am seeing is in the plants that are getting mainlined, the stems are getting very thick. This should also help with support. I really am excited about this go round. I averaged about .25 lbs per plant last grow. This grow I want to double that. I have two plants that are severly lagging behind (the Tut and 1 PPP), but the other six are doing very well. I am getting a new LED for my veg tent. The T5 did ok on vegging the plants but the LED is awesome. My thinking is when I take clones off of these, I will veg them under the LED to get massive. Then I can put them in the flower tent and flower them after just a couple of days after moving them. Two weeks is not a long time to veg them in the flower tent but I would like to increase my efficiency.

I am also thinking of popping some Purple Kush seeds. I got those from Crop King when I got my WW. I am really excited to try them. I know that the PPP and Tut are some good smoke so I am a little concerned about popping some new beans. Decisions.... Stay tuned. I will decide soon. Unlike with a perpetual grow, I have to plan 3 months out with this system! LOL :)

Update

I decided to start a res dump today. For no other reason than tomorrow I will be busy. So going to get it done today. I took some pics. I am also going to do a defol on them today. Not super heavy just going to take all the damaged fans as well as big fans that are covering up the tops under them. I will post some more pics later. Enjoy
2015-12-20_09_08_45.jpg
2015-12-20_09_08_58.jpg
2015-12-20_09_09_03.jpg

Funny Purple Kush is on my list.!!! We think alike! I'd love to see you grow it pop one!!!

Yah when i was even more of a noob than now I had pots fall in tubs and all kinds of stuff... Guess I just always worry about that stuff... The PC i grew i had to tie to tops to support them. Not a bad issue to have ;)

FE

Ok so I did the res dump and fill this morning. I did defol a little bit at a time a few different times today. All finished now. Here are some photos.
2015-12-20_17_19_45.jpg
2015-12-20_17_19_50.jpg
2015-12-20_17_20_07.jpg
2015-12-20_17_20_14.jpg

So my thinking is that I opened up the interior of the plant to direct light on all of those little tops. This will then stimulate them to grow faster and produce even more sites. Remember the name of the game is structure. We want lots of branching and tops. These will then produce bud sites and colas. The second part of the game is to keep the canopy even. I really have no idea how I am going to keep the canopy even when the stretch starts. I will try to crop these in those early days of stretch. This means I will bend the branch until it breaks a little bit. I will then point it in the direction that I want it to grow. The branch will heal itself and then there will be a narly little knuckle where it was broken. I had three branches like this on my last grow. All three healed itself and produced nugs. It was an accidental break but it did happen. So I am confident that this will work.

Hey B,
I finally did get that PPM meter I was supposed to get a long long time ago. :laughtwo:
Even I was considering buying 2 young plants at the farmers market and give them a go in dirt. They are definitely land race sativas and only $6 for both. I'd be gambling though on if there are any males or hermies. Still could be fun

Vlad

Go for it Vlad. If you have the space to grow them outdoors why not? Soil is not something I am considering at the moment. I have thought about having a mother or two, once I get another couple of strains popped, in soil. I can not see having a hydro set up just for a few mothers. As for actual production, I will stick with hydro and LEDs. Some people love the T5 for clones and veg, but I can say without a doubt, in my case, T5s work but did not produce great results. My plants are in the RDWC tent under LEDs and they are growing very quickly. And they look good doing it. Lots of new green growth. They are putting on .25 to 1 inch growth a day (depends on which plant we are talking about. the bigger plants are growing faster). That is what I am talking about. I am placing a rather large order in January for a duplicate flower tent. That will be for my next strain, Purple Kush. I am also going to get an extra LED for the veg/clone tent. I want to blow out the clones while the flower tent is going. I do not want to have to keep them in the flower tent for two weeks vegging before flipping them.

It is my goal to get to a consistent yield and time frame. The quality is there, the high THC hybrids are awesome like that. So now it is just refining my grow to give me dependable results. This will require some more experience and understanding of how my systems work with respect to the plants. I understand that there is a limit to what can be produced and that it is based on genetics, light, space and training style. So I am trying to figure out what those variables are in my system. It is very similar to what a commercial grower has to figure out.

For example, I could go with a sog style like JoJo is doing and count on an ounce/plant and then it becomes a matter of how many plants can you grow. I am doing more like what FE did in his first journal and what Lightaddict does, and that is a Scrog method with Mainling/fluxing. Use dramatically less plants but cover a lot of space horizontally. The thought being that I will have an increased number of cola sized nuggs by having a big, even canopy. Each system has pros and cons. You just have to pick the style you are comfortable with and have the space/resources to grow with.

Wow, I did not expect to write that much. LOL. Well, what do I know. I could be completely off my rocker with this. Just a fun journey. :)

Looking good. I went ahead and got the pruning done and did super cropping instead of tie down. I am in grow bags and don't really have anywhere to tie down to so I figured super cropping is just as good. Anyway now my ladies are all open in the middle and wow there is a boat load of tops that have just been waiting to see the light. I really think this just upped my yield to the numbers I want 300-500 grams total dry. Thanks for the advice

Hey have a question? When I water my plants in 100% coco the ph is 5.5-5.7. My runoff is 7.8 I have tried to lower it but just cant. It does not seem to be hurting my plants as they look amazing. So should I not worry about the runoff with coco like in soil?

I start the count at the second set of true leaves. But it does not matter. Veg can take as long or as short as you like. It is about getting the plant healthy and to a size/shape that you want.

When in seedling stage mine where growing 2-3 leafs where it should only have one so I would say my veg started on the 13 for the 2 and the 19 for the others. So I might go another week past the 28th. I really need to get at least 350 grams. And that will give me 7 weeks of veg 9 and a half weeks of growth

Back
Top Bottom