Hydro RDWC - Dr. Krippling's Puff Puff Passout - Advanced LED 350 XML

So when hanging multiple LED lights should I hang them at the same height or one lower than the other I have 1 Mars 2 - 1200 watt and 1 Mars 60x5 300 watt they both are 5 watt diodes but I don't know if I should hang the 60x 5 lower or at the same height I would think at the same height because it's just like Adding 60 more 5 watt diodes to my 1200 watt

When in seedling stage mine where growing 2-3 leafs where it should only have one so I would say my veg started on the 13 for the 2 and the 19 for the others. So I might go another week past the 28th. I really need to get at least 350 grams. And that will give me 7 weeks of veg 9 and a half weeks of growth

So when hanging multiple LED lights should I hang them at the same height or one lower than the other I have 1 Mars 2 - 1200 watt and 1 Mars 60x5 300 watt they both are 5 watt diodes but I don't know if I should hang the 60x 5 lower or at the same height I would think at the same height because it's just like Adding 60 more 5 watt diodes to my 1200 watt

Stoney,

Like I said number of days or weeks does not matter. Only the size of the plant to get what you want.
For your lights, look at the specs to see what they recomend for the distance to canopy. Then see what kind of foot print that gives you. See where you have shadows on the edges. Raise them or lower them to your desired coverage area. That is the best advice I know to give.

Here and subbed up! :)

Hey LA! I am honored to have you subed to my journal. I have one Tutankamen in this grow. Unfortunately it is also the smallest plant and will not get to the same size as the others. She is just too far behind to catch up. She is growing gangbusters at the moment. So she might actually get to a good size. I have about one week left I think before I flip. So you have missed the boring stuff.

Again, good to have you onboard. I am watching yours and Icemuds grows with those BM God lights. I have to ask, is it worth the increase in price over these Advanced lights? I do mind spending the extra money but what do I get for the extra bit? Thanks again.

Hey chap, well I've not ran with advanced yet, so can't personally compare. All I can say is that my original 1st gen 16 cluster god, was to much light and to much PAR! It would be suitable in my eyes for a bigger area then my 140x140, you'd just need to hang it higher up! It would cope easy, as the raw power was daft!
Now they've dropped the par level slightly and added IR to the boards for the 2nd gen all UK built models. I've not got my set of new god yet as switched from one big panel to 2 of the sixes at the last min lol.
So yeah I won't compare as can't! Just can say BM are quality lights! :)

Hey chap, well I've not ran with advanced yet, so can't personally compare. All I can say is that my original 1st gen 16 cluster god, was to much light and to much PAR! It would be suitable in my eyes for a bigger area then my 140x140, you'd just need to hang it higher up! It would cope easy, as the raw power was daft!
Now they've dropped the par level slightly and added IR to the boards for the 2nd gen all UK built models. I've not got my set of new god yet as switched from one big panel to 2 of the sixes at the last min lol.
So yeah I won't compare as can't! Just can say BM are quality lights! :)

No problem LA. I am about to make another tent and am going to get three panels, I am looking at the BM stuff but I am having a problem with pulling the trigger on them as I am not sure that the increase in price is worth it. However it might be fun to get them and see what an advanced tent and a BM tent do in a side by side. The problem with that though, is that I will run a different strain in the second tent. I am thinking either my purple kush or my Dr. Krippling Kripple Shock. So it would not be a true comparison but I think it would still be interesting.

Thanks for giving me your opinion. It is always welcome. :)

Update:

Well the girls look good and are growing. I have to say that anybody who is worried about taking healthy fan leaves and if it will adversely affect the plants growth, don't be worried. My girls have been going gang busters. 48 hours after taking a rather large amount of leaves, I had to take some more today. The tops shot up from the interior and so many more leaves have really spread out. It is really cool to see them.

The stunted PPP looks like it is growing again, but only half the plant. The other half still looks like shite and it feels stiff when I touched it and tried to move it around. I am trying to ignore it but it keeps bothering me. I may clip those branches that look like shite and see if that helps the plant to get moving again.

The Tut looks great and is really growing. It is now touching the screen. Tomorrow it will be over the screen (well that one top anyway). The side branches are growing very quickly now as well. She is getting "normal" sized fan leaves. In all honesty she is probably about three weeks from where I would want to flip her but I will not hold this grow back for her. She is just going to have to make what she makes.

The other six PPP are big bushy bitches. :) I say that with all the love and affection in the world. They are really are taking over their spots in the tent. I am trying to get them to fill in a couple of more gaps and then I will flip. I am spoiled for choices as it relates to the clone sites. I will be able to take my pick. As soon as I reach my goal of 70% coverage I will flip and take my clones.

In preperation for the flip, I am going to do something that I did on the last grow (it is something that OMU suggested and it worked great) and give the Bud Ignitor supplement to the plants four days from when I think I will flip. This gets the plant "primed" for flowering if you will. That supplement is supposed to increase the amount of bud sites in the plant or at least get them started sooner. I really do not want my plants to tripple in size during stretch this time so hopefully this will also help to decrease the amount of stretch. However I can say that in the first 96 hours of my flip last time, that I had bud in the tops of my plants. So I believe in this supplement.

Also, as I did in the last grow, I will continue to use the grow nutes for the stretch. The plants seemed to really like the extra nitrogen and there is no denying that they had explosive growth. I will be using the other flowering supplements as the schedule calls for them. I will switch to bloom nutes 2 weeks after the flip, or basically the end of stretch. Also this run will be getting a flush period at the end of the grow. I did not get to do that last time as I was growing 3 different strains with two different finishing times. So this time it will happen, the Tut and the PPP should go the same 9 weeks. Week 10 will be a flush and may not be a full 7 days. We will see.

So that is about it. I am thinking that I will not be flipping on Xmas, they just are not big enough yet. But they will be soon enough! :)
2015-12-22_20_36_33.jpg
2015-12-22_20_36_36.jpg
2015-12-22_20_36_51.jpg
2015-12-22_20_36_53.jpg

Update

Well this morning I checked in on the girls of course and they look great. I did another defol yesterday and I am really pleased with the growth of them overnight. So I am about 68 percent filled in. So I am going to go ahead and flip them on sunday. I am adding some bud ignighter supplement today. This will get the plants primed for the flip. I will also be taking clones before that. Sunday will be the start of a three week stretch period. So should be very interesting to see what they do over the next couple of days. I will defol again tomorrow night. I will not defol again until the end of the second week of stretch and then only the fans that are covering up bud sites.

JoJo did a very interesting test grow. He took six clones and grew them side by side. 2 of them were not defol in flower, 2 got a light defol, and 2 were heavy defol. The ones with no defol had 28 grams, light defol 22 grams, and heavy defol 20 grams. That is a huge difference percentage wise. 1/3 difference between no defol and heavy defol. I will not be lolipopping my girls because of that.

I know there is a big debate about whether or not to defol late in flower. I believe that I do not know enough or have enough experience to have an opinion on it. It is by following so many other great growers that do those kinds of tests, that I learn and come up with my strategies.

So anyway, Merry Xmas everyone! When it is all said and done we will come back this weekend and will be off to the races with another flowering period! :)

Seems like New Year's Day will be a great flip time. Girls look fantastic. Their leaf posture says it all. They have that super healthy stance. This is going to be a great one Bama.

Thanks Shiggity! They are very healthy and growing very nicely. I am going to flip them on Sunday, so a couple of days before New Years. They went from 45% canopy fill to 68% in just a few days. They seem to be speeding up as well. I am just concerned that another full week and they will actually be too big. I need some space for them to grow into and then I will fold them back into themselves so that they get very dense in the strong light footprint. I really need them to stay fairly even for this to work the way I want them to. I would love to have the Tut and the small PPP grow some more but I am not going to let the others over grow the tent.

I am excited to see what an LED will do for my veg plants. So probably in the second week of Jan I will get the led and that should also be when the clones drop their roots. 6 - 8 weeks of veg under some LEDs and I should have monsters for the next time I get ready to flip! :)

Back
Top Bottom