Hydrogen peroxide?

I put mine on a shot glass and add water and a good squirt of 3% H2O2. It eventually separates into its individual compounds leaving just water behind before the seeds split.

I use 29% technical grade. I use it in a number of applications, careful to mix particular ratios. One application being to dechlorinate my tap water. I use this to germinate my seeds as I know it’s also useful as an antiseptic / anti fungal.

I also use it to keep my water reservoir free of algae or other growth. It oxygenates the water a bit. It kills fungus gnat larvae in the soil; when applied as a soil drench.

I have sprayed my grandkids toys and play surfaces with it.

So it’s quite a useful product in the garden. Lots of more applications I didn’t mention both in and out of the garden.

I'm guessing that the 3% is a basic pharmaceutical product and the 29% is specifically for gardening/hydroponics?

I've always used Aloe Vera water in a shot glass sitting on top of my router or laptop to keep warm.
Soak the seed until it just barely starts to crack open which is usually about 12 hours or so.
Use the aloe water to moisten a paper towel, put the seed in the towel, towel in a sandwich bag, and put that on your laptop or whatever is around 80 degrees.

So far I've had a 100% success rate.

Never tried the hydrogen peroxide

I havent heated any of mine that I have germinated I just soak wet paper towel place in sandwich bag and put it in the closet works every time. Germinating has been good for me it been keeping them alive after that

It weakens the shell, I think it's called chemical scarification making the seed easier to crack and I believe gives a bit more oxygen.

Right on I guess that's more of the answer I was looking for I see people doing crazy shit all the time I mean if it works I guess but I dont want to follow bad methods as a new grower

Back
Top Bottom