Hydroponic Newbie

These are photos from Mt. Zion

All I know is they are photo regulars from. MT. ZION SEED COLLECTIVE... I've grown the same batch before...pretty sure it's a Sativa hybrid
I was happy with last seasons soil grow...now using same seeds for hydro project. I am using a full spectrum 600 watt Toad light on a timer.
Having some experience with the strain already is a big help. It will most likely grow faster in DWC than it did in soil so be ready for it since you have limited space.

Not trying to disagree, just trying to tell if you are doing something different. I have experimented with all types of lighting and schedules but always interested when I find something new to try. Many plants have suffered at my hand in the name of science. lol. Experimentation is how you learn and what keeps this hobby fun.
Understand completely and thank you for your candor.

I was using Kelvin because it is what more people are familiar with in standard home lighting. If you are not use to grow lights, a newton meter can be an intimidatingly arbitrary number. Something is getting lost in translation. Maybe it's because the two scales are mirrors. low nm is a high kel and vice versa. All of the spectrum charts you have posted show you veg in the low nm, high kel range blue (ultra violet end) and flower in high nm, low kel range red( infared end). Scale and number makes no difference if we are saying the same thing. :thumb:
Interesting - I haven't bought a new light for the house in a long time but, yeh, they are discussed in K. I think of K as temperature, starting at absolute zero, isn't it? I haven't deal with that in 50 years so I know I don't know. My exposure to grow lighting is only for my personal grow and I just use nm so I'd think it's fair to say that I got the colors mixed up. Mea culpa.

Main point, as you bring up, is that blue = short and squat vs red = elongated. But it's a ying and yang thing - blue is great for compact plants, short internodal space, etc. but it whacks the yield. On the other end, if you grow in only red, there are lots of problems. The Growcraft flower spectrum and I assume HLG's grow lights include a small amount of blue to avoid issues.

We're on the same page of the hymnal. I got distracted by the short skirt in the third row… :)

One should not post after a good beer apparently!
So I started a Hydro grow after popping some new Mt. Zion seeds.
Anybody got some advise?
I'm actually doing this for a college class!
Welcome to the @420 Magazine family @EastcoastArn. I grow in soil so I’m not going to be any help but lots of hydro growers here that will help. CL🍀 :welcome: :party::circle-of-love::theband::420:

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom