I’m very puzzled

Aquaman77

OK so I’ve got a real puzzler going on. plants are looking poor! Soil used is an hp pro mix with microcorrizae or however u spell it. Now at week 3 of flower some of the plants are looking very yellowish, larger than normal amount of dead/very yellow leaves etc. Lower leaves. This has been going on for a month, And that’s why I flushed the hell out them feb14th thru 19th at start of flowering. Ec’s were anywhere from 1.6 up to 3. I flushed down to ecs of between .8 thru 1.2. Yes, it took a while to do them as I was picking thru and as they were dry enough I was doing them then. (52 plants, Every plant is tagged with letter F and date flushed) Anyway, since the flush there are several plants looking like they just gonna burn up and die. I watered them once since flush as they were very dry and thirsty with a 50% nute solution (canna brand, not cheap stuff) with an ec of about 1.2-1.3. Lots of runoff, I used 5-7L or more per plant. I know how to water. So tonight I flushed the first two that were looking so bad with plain ph’d water and got ec readings of 2.4 out of one and 1.8 out of second. For example, One I’m flush feeding now refuses to go below 1.6 ec, that’s after 12 litres of a weak nute solution (ec 1.25) has run thru. So, I guess the question is....where is the excess nutrients coming from? Could there be something wrong with that soil mix? It must have slow release nutes oozing outta somewhere! it’s not supposed to have a slow release anything in it. What can I do at this point- I am gonna continue on and setup properly for a flushathon over next couple days unless you folks can come up with an alternative.
By flush I mean flood into pots plain Ph’d to 6.1-6.4 water till ec runoff is in range followed by a 3L feed of 50% strength nutes, ec of 1.2 to 1.3, Drain for 15-20 minutes then put back in tray. If it still drains, I shop vac it out, never standing water left. but WHY and WHERE is this excess ec reading coming from? the plants are burning up...And yes, I had my ec meter calibrated against a very expensive one, it was within 4% accuracy of a blue lab truncheon. My hard well water ec’s around .6 on its own, we have iron and calcium here, but it’s very good to drink. that .6 ec for the water is not removed from the 1.2-1.3 final ec of the nutes, the nutes themselves must be only .7 or .8 ec. My last grow suffered similarly which is why I reduced the nutes by about half for this grow thinking that this would help. If you’ve made it thru this far and have ANY advice on this, my gosh your input will be appreciated!
Stumped Canuck

Also worthy of note- I used a different soil for the final 2 plants I repotted into the 4 gallon buckets and they look great compared to the rest. Soul used is called 420 soil, a Canadian made soul which is worth about $40 (Canadian) bucks a bag here. Drains very well.

oh boy. any chance of getting some white space in there ? can't get too far without getting square eyeballs..

also pics in normal light goes a long ways. if you are new check out the last link in my sig for great stuff to help.

finally, go through this link and post back after absorbing it.
i'm sure most of it is up there, i just can't wade through to get it.

cheers, and welcome to 420 :)

oh boy. any chance of getting some white space in there ? can't get too far without getting square eyeballs..

also pics in normal light goes a long ways. if you are new check out the last link in my sig for great stuff to help.

finally, go through this link and post back after absorbing it.
i'm sure most of it is up there, i just can't wade through to get it.

cheers, and welcome to 420 :)
We have identified the issue as the water here. My water is high in calcium which is blocking potassium uptake, the smoking gun was the appearance of burnt leaf edges. I’m currently getting an RO machine to fix

Attachments

• 5C22666B-9A1B-4D32-8B3C-96271B5EFDCB.jpeg
    5C22666B-9A1B-4D32-8B3C-96271B5EFDCB.jpeg
    642.6 KB · Views: 45
It always dumbfounds me

Someone who attempts to grow plants at a commercial level but dosent really know how to grow yet

We see that here a lot

Sad actually

It always dumbfounds me

Someone who attempts to grow plants at a commercial level but dosent really know how to grow yet

We see that here a lot

Sad actually
So, you have no useful input and resort to sarcasm. Speaks volumes by itself. Another 4 plant grower know it all. This will be my 6th full on grow, the first at this location, hence the puzzlement. Never ran into water issues such as this before. Basically the water here could be bottled and sold as cal mag we eventually found out. I’ve taken hundreds of plants thru to harvest, over many years, mostly hydroponic. The aquaponics trial of last year was a real learning curve. And the more I grow, the more I learn and the less I know.. There’s a lesson to be learned in of itself. No matter how experienced a person gets, there is always something to learn. Also true is that everyone knows more about something than everyone else. That’s a truth on every subject, which is why I asked on here, hoping for a missed insight. Figured it out myself regardless. Again, thank you for your sarcasm and no input, it reminds me of how much I do actually know.

So, you have no useful input and resort to sarcasm. Speaks volumes by itself. Another 4 plant grower know it all. This will be my 6th full on grow, the first at this location, hence the puzzlement. Never ran into water issues such as this before. Basically the water here could be bottled and sold as cal mag we eventually found out. I’ve taken hundreds of plants thru to harvest, over many years, mostly hydroponic. The aquaponics trial of last year was a real learning curve. And the more I grow, the more I learn and the less I know.. There’s a lesson to be learned in of itself. No matter how experienced a person gets, there is always something to learn. Also true is that everyone knows more about something than everyone else. That’s a truth on every subject, which is why I asked on here, hoping for a missed insight. Figured it out myself regardless. Again, thank you for your sarcasm and no input, it reminds me of how much I do actually know.

:thumb:

Some peeps like to throw jabs here and there. Surprised he didn't say something about aliens lol. Don't take any offense to it. Good job figuring things out, everyday is an opportunity to learn.

And

There he is again

You do you boo.....

You da MAN!

Back
Top Bottom