I just need to vent. sorry

karen

I'm sitting here wishing I had a little smoke. I have so much trouble finding anything. As an older woman I'm kind of out of the loop I don't go to the bars anymore and most of my friends have given it up due to employment testing. If I do run into someone who will get me some they usually rip me off or never show up. I live in the stupid midwest which probably explains alot. I thought about growing my own but I'm just so scared about getting arrested. I know you all can't help me but I just wanted to whine a little, anyway please enjoy one for me and send a little wish out that I might find something soon.

Re: I just need to vent...sorry

Hey Karen...

I know *exactly* how you feel. My career has moved me all around the country...and finding new friends has become more challenging as the years pile up. Crossing 50 has not only been a kiss of death in my job searches but also the ability feed the head!!!

Thank you Neuromaniac, I also know what you mean about the job situation I went from a 13 year management position to moping floors and cleaning kennels part time in the blink of an eye. Damn this recession. I still count my blessings although sometimes getting older can be a bitch.

I usually go through an oz a week,but a recent dry spell has reduced me to just bowls a day.Sorry for people ripping you off,unfortunatly there are people out there with ill intentions and greed driving their actions.Im from the show me state and luckily i have known my guy since i could barely walk.Good luck with your current situtaion.:goodluck::lot-o-toke:

I'm sitting here wishing I had a little smoke. I have so much trouble finding anything. As an older woman I'm kind of out of the loop I don't go to the bars anymore and most of my friends have given it up due to employment testing. If I do run into someone who will get me some they usually rip me off or never show up. I live in the stupid midwest which probably explains alot. I thought about growing my own but I'm just so scared about getting arrested. I know you all can't help me but I just wanted to whine a little, anyway please enjoy one for me and send a little wish out that I might find something soon.

My sympathy goes out to you Karen....I know as a professional, I had to be really careful...making friends that also smoke was difficult. I used to have my wife "break the ice" with people I thought were cool - worked for me, even though she doesn't smoke anymore. Also, karma will eventually catch up with those that are ripping you off!

You are correct...the midwest/bible-belt is the WORST for marijuana laws. I grew up in IL - where you could darn near be jailed for your adult life for possession of a joint....then went to school in KS where I only came across weed due to the University.

God bless...may 2011 bring you better luck and friends.

:peace:

Thank you Blackthunder and Ncal-cyclist. I have to say when I read what you wrote about the vacuum sealed pot for sale I was tempted but I'm just to chicken to try. I have never been arrested for anything but I'm sure the gustapo police around here would find a way to turn me into a hardened criminal just to further their agenda. Ncal-cyclist I live in Illinois....sigh.

Here I go again...venting. My hubby dosen't smoke he probably would except he is a truck driver. They check his pee, background and fingerprints regularly and then charge us for doing it. He does drink however and has a few drinks after work and on weekends. We are both responsible adults who would never go to work buzzed. Whenever I go to the store I get so angry about the rediculous prohibition against pot. When is this going to end, I hope I get to see it in my lifetime.

oh Karen, we are in the same boat!

I moved to NJ because I got a job out here. I don't know anyone.

All I do is work, come home, eat, sleep, work, come home, eat, sleep.. etc.

I am not alive, i simply exist. All I (i suppose, we) want is a little something to come home to after work. A little green for the bowl to make everything alright. But no. there is nothing there and my bowl doesn't have any more dry hits left.

I sincerely hope you find something soon Karen. No one should have to go through this.

Best to you and may the cannabis Gods smile upon us soon!

Thank you all for your kindness. I have most always found that smokers have an open mind and a calm compassion for others. I'm still roughin it out, there has been an unusual amount of busts in our area lately and I'm sure that is contributing to the desert conditions here. The worst time of the day is right after work when all the chores are done and I sit down and turn on my laptop that's when I would enjoy it the most. Well, it can't last forever, maybe soon.:nomo:

Seraphim and karen, hey there. I had the same issue a while back.hang in there. My sure thing was to ask wait staff at local chain or grill type restraunts. Get friendly and ask about the city, your smoker friendly new job. Maybe wisper to them while pointing down at the menu, know where I might be able to find any party favors or smoke(like a dub or an eigth or a twenty bag). You could write it down on your bill as the same question. Try all this while feeling them out and letting that person know that you ARE cool and not a fucking narc or cop. Anyways, do this before paying. This may not work the first time or may need a few visits to build up some courage. Heck I dunno............worked for me. My dude is a cook. Bible belt pretty much equals shitty seedy brick or high priced reggie or mids. People think that fluffy mids are worth chronic prices out there and really jack up the prices out there. Very rare to find any real chronic though. Read up on pending states to legalize, move out west, or start a small little plant in a closet with a few lights and 12 weeks later... BAM!! your own sweet stinky weed! Tons of friendly people on here with a wealth of info to pass on. Also many many home-grown photo journals and step by step guides for the thrifty to those that have a little more to spend. Good luck.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Karen, hope you are able to find safe access to your medicine soon. This is just one more reason why we do, what we do.

I would like to remind everyone that the feds now pretend to be a sick, older person, with serious medical conditions, to lure people in, then arrest them. We also do not allow hookups whatsoever here, therefore any posts like that, will be deleted. I personally was at a collective in Los Angeles when DEA tried to get access, claiming to be a patient who was extremely ill, poor and needed some meds. Of course they had no doctor's note, which would have been the green light to raid, had we let him in and served him. These federal punks have now gone from smash and grab, to writing letters and setting up stings online. MySpace and Facebook were first, just a matter of time before they start screwing with us Cannabis communities. Yet one more reasons our guidelines are so strict, they are to protect YOU, US and our MISSION. ;)

Not saying that is what you are doing Karen, however I want everyone to be aware of the risks of trying to help a stranger. It definitely sucks for both sides of this coin, which is why we are spending every waking hour, fighting our butts off, trying to get the remainder of the states to follow, so we can flip this federal law once and for all.

Sending everyone lots of love and positive energy through the Universe.

Thanks brother! We all sympathize with Karen's plight and must strengthen our resolve to change the unfair, unjust, and ridiculous Laws prohibiting Marijuana. As 420 so eloquently stated this is a War, and it is being waged upon us (Americans) for using Cannabis!!! WTF we are all old enough to change these draconian laws. You will be very surprised to see who comes out from the closets of your State to help legalize Medical Marijuana. I myself am going to Trial on Marijuana Charges and know first hand the low down, despicable, lying bastards will do ANYTHING to make Marijuana arrests and seizures.
I encourage all Americans to run for local, State, and Federal Offices, so we can effect the change we all need and legalize a National Medical Marijuana Program like other developed countries.
Good Luck

I guess I understand what you mean but I never asked for help from anyone I was just trying to be part of the group. I got some messages from folks with suggestions which although appreciated I would never have taken the advice. that is why I find myself waiting because I don't trust very many people. I'm sorry if I gave that impression.

It's all good sweetie, I am not implying that you were whatsoever, just explaining the unfortunate situation this could be, and to advise the members to be careful before thinking about offering help. Hence one more reason we do what we do, to end the barrier between you, your meds and a complete stranger assisting you with obtaining them. Technically, threads like this usually get deleted for violating our guidelines, because they almost always end up in hookups and security ricks to the members, plus gives an extra workload on the moderators, having to monitor it. I felt discussing it in this thread, was an opportunity to alert/reveal that information to everyone, at the same time as allowing you to continue to voice your dilemma. Does that makes sense? :)

Sending you lots of love and positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom