Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing & Review

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

Great job, Icemud! :)

Hey Dr. Ziggy!!!! Happy Holiday!!! Thanks for the compliments buddy!!! mucho appreciation!

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

Day 30 flowering update!!!

Today the girls are looking great, and I haven't given them a compost tea foliar in a while so I have a brew of TandJ tea going. I sprayed the girls leaves tops and bottoms and they seemed to like it :) I think I may have even heard one of the whisper thank you...LOL

I also put a 2 gallon milk jug in the tent with water/sugar/yeast for CO2 production. I've hesitated on using this method because for whatever reason, it seems when I do, I get fungus gnats...so far so good, no gnats...so hopefully the co2 will give them a slight boost :)

Well here are the pics for today!

DSC09574.JPG
DSC095752.JPG
DSC095761.JPG
DSC09577.JPG
DSC09578.JPG
DSC09579.JPG
DSC09580.JPG
DSC09581.JPG
DSC09582.JPG
DSC09583.JPG
DSC09584.JPG
DSC095851.JPG
DSC095861.JPG

I use approximately 0.5 Tbsp of regular baking yeast (I use Fleischmann's Yeast) with 1 cup of sugar in a 2-liter bottle 2/3-3/4 full of warm water. Gets the PPM up to 1500 max, average of around 1000 PPM, for about a week or so. More yeast produces more CO2 faster but doesn't last as long. Less yeast doesn't produce enough CO2 to make much of a difference.

Does the brand of yeast matter?

What ratio of yeast to sugar to water do you use?

I have yeast for making bread, would that work?

Thanks
Labexperiment

Honestly I don't really know the details of whats better or not, but per 2 gallon milk jug i put 2 yeast packets, one active dry and one was highly active yeast. I filled the jug up 1/2 full with water, and added a good 4 cups or so of white sugar. I poked a hole in the cap about the size of a pencil in diameter and shake it 1x per day, when I am in my tent.

I've acually used the larger 2 1/2 gallon water jugs too...

I use approximately 0.5 Tbsp of regular baking yeast (I use Fleischmann's Yeast) with 1 cup of sugar in a 2-liter bottle 2/3-3/4 full of warm water. Gets the PPM up to 1500 max, average of around 1000 PPM, for about a week or so. More yeast produces more CO2 faster but doesn't last as long. Less yeast doesn't produce enough CO2 to make much of a difference.

Thanks Colorado for answering that! appreciate it my friend! I use the same kind of yeast, but there are 2 kinds so I use one of each :) Yeah it seems these jugs last about 1-2 weeks and then need new water, sugar and yeast...but a very cheap solution for some extra CO2! :)

Most definitely cheap and still effective, not often you get both nowadays!

Very much agree!!! DIY is best most of the time :)

Well, my cabinet isn't sealed, but my room is. It's about 300 sq/ft with 8 ft ceilings. What kind of coverage area can one typically expect from, say, 2x 1gal yeast jugs? 4 of them? 8?

Well, my cabinet isn't sealed, but my room is. It's about 300 sq/ft with 8 ft ceilings. What kind of coverage area can one typically expect from, say, 2x 1gal yeast jugs? 4 of them? 8?

I'm not quite sure since I don't have a CO2 PPM meter, would love to know though :) I know when I shake the jug 1-2x a day, there is a burst of Co2 that comes out of the hole in the lid...and it seems to bubble for quite a while afterwords... Anyone ever tested the ppm ?

Hell, I have at least 6 extra gallon jugs and a full jar of fleischmann's yeast in the fridge, but I'd rather not mix it and set it up for the next several days (I'm mid-flower too) for nothing, and I don't have a CO2 meter either. hmmmm

Hell, I have at least 6 extra gallon jugs and a full jar of fleischmann's yeast in the fridge, but I'd rather not mix it and set it up for the next several days (I'm mid-flower too) for nothing, and I don't have a CO2 meter either. hmmmm

I definitely think it wont hurt to make a couple of them :) Hmm I will have to search for a PPM meter now :)

With my 2-liter bottle setup, I can get upwards of 1500-2000 PPM in a relatively sealed 4'x2'x5' grow box. 0.5 Tbsp yeast/1 cup sugar maxes out at around 1500 PPM, averages around 1000 PPM and lasts around a week. 1.0 Tbsp yeast and 2 cups sugar maxes out at around 2000 PPM, averages between 1000-1500 PPM and lasts longer, typically between one and two weeks.

I have a 4'x4'x7' veg room. I have been using a 5 gallon bucket and a fish tank heater to keep the mixture at ~93°F. In the bucket I use 4 gallons of water and 25 cups of sugar, 2 teaspoons of distillers yeast(dies at ~21%). I use hot water mix in the sugar as it dissolves better. Then I let it cool to around 93° then I add the 2 teaspoons of distillers yeast and a bit of nutrients to get the yeast going faster. It seems to last~a week. If you change out half of the liquid weekly and readd sugar water it will last ~a month. I bought a ppm meeter, and I stay at 900ppm or so after 4-5 days. But for the first few days it runs 1600ppm before settling in around the 800-900 ppm. Hope that helps

CO2 monitors are quite expensive compared to CO monitors, the cheapest I found was $100. It is the biggest cost with this DIY setup but it does at least prove that I'm not wasting my time and effort going this DIY route.

Well crap. I suppose I can make up a few for this coming week. ffs, Now I gotta go heat up 3 gal of water (to make 4 jugs).

:surf:

Back
Top Bottom