Identifying issue help

Gshoo

Hi Guys,
Can you please tell me what does that look like to you? I swear yesterday wasn’t there, I woke up and saw it in the morning. The plant is Super Skunk, outdoors, soil in a pot. The whole story is that I wasn’t checking the ph and didn’t give additional cal-mag. The plant started having different symptoms than the attached below, in the end It turned out the ph was 5.5. I fixed that and started adding cal-mag as well. I flushed once with fixed water but I didn’t wait enough to dry out properly and after 3 days I fed it. Do you think this might be overwatering or something else?
Thanks

DB857C47-33DE-41F4-8C82-7B2340366B1D.jpeg

Nothin' major. Looks like you are using a peat/perlite mix. I use Sunshine and water by weight of the pot. Let it get pretty light(weight of half a gallon of water or less), then water.
Hey man do you think this might be LST issue. The big leaves in the middle look like most of them are affected. Also some other big leaves on the other side where the main shoot is are curling corners. Or maybe the humidity from the soil can’t evaporate and affects them. I have no clue.

9066825D-8430-4049-8350-9774DC2A7074.jpeg

I've done plenty of LST,never seen it affect a plant in anything but a positive way.
Overwatering won't do that either,I'd say check the calibration on your ph pen,
it may be off a few points.

As far as the discoloration, it looks like a potassium deficiency and/or calcium deficiency. These can be related, but more often it is due to incorrect pH. It appears minor tho but needs to be monitored if it gets worse. The best way to tell is a slurry test, but kinda of a pita if you dont have a pen. Just make sure what you put in is ph'd to 6.0-6.5 ideally and it should work itself out.

As far as the discoloration, it looks like a potassium deficiency and/or calcium deficiency. These can be related, but more often it is due to incorrect pH. It appears minor tho but needs to be monitored if it gets worse. The best way to tell is a slurry test, but kinda of a pita if you dont have a pen. Just make sure what you put in is ph'd to 6.0-6.5 ideally and it should work itself out.

Can I measure the ph of a slurry with my digital meter that or should be a special one for soil? Also what would be the best way to adjust the ph of the soil if there’s something wrong?
Thanks

You can measure a thick slurry to get soil pH. That's how soil labs do it. Make the slurry using RO or distilled water, though lab procedure calls for de-ionized water. There are commercial pH up and down products. Lime/ alkali will take it up and acid down( coffee, vinegar, peat tea). Phosphoric acid is in most commercial products to take it down. Don't use muriatic acid.

a digital pen works great. You want to use 1 part soil to 2 parts water. You also want to test a couple different areas so you get an idea of the whole. If your pH is off the only way to correct it in soil is either through the pH of the water you add or adding something like dolomite lime to help buffer.

a digital pen works great. You want to use 1 part soil to 2 parts water. You also want to test a couple different areas so you get an idea of the whole. If your pH is off the only way to correct it in soil is either through the pH of the water you add or adding something like dolomite lime to help buffer.
So I took soil from 4 different areas (not from the surface), I made a slurry and the ph was 5.9. Then I adjusted water to 6.6-6.5. Watered the plant and tested the run off and it was 6.5. I guess this should be good, or shall I up the water to 7-7.1, so the soil go up to 6.5? Or it's not necassary if the run off is 6.5? If all that makes sense.

At the moment I feed with the nutes below. I can find the % of the last one, the brand is Bio-Bizz.

Bio-Grow
  • NPK – 4-3-6
  • Nitrogen 4%
  • -Amoniacal 1.5%
  • -Nitrate 0.2%
  • -Organic 2.3%
  • Phosphorus 3%
  • Potassium 6%
Alg-a-Mic
  • NPK 0.2-0.2-0.2
  • Nitrogen 0.2%
  • Phosphorus 0.2%
  • Potassium 0.2%
  • Calcium 0.1%
  • Magnesium 0.1%
  • Manganese 0.25%
Acti-Vera
  • Magnesium.
  • Copper.
  • Zinc.
  • Manganese.
  • Iron.
  • Boron.
  • Molybdenum.
I see that some folks put blooming nutes before flowering, is this good idea, what do you think? The plant is 10 weeks old. The blooming nutes that I hare are:

Bio-Bloom
  • NPK 2-7-4
  • Nitrogen 1.9%
  • -ammonium 0.48%
  • -nitrate 1.15%
  • Phosphorus 6.9%
  • Potassium 4.1%
Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom