In dire need of a Quiet inline fan or something - 6"

cpt chronic

Have read that inline fans are loud and I don't really want to have that problem.

Is there quiet fans. I was looking at S&P Mixed flow fan. Mixed reviews though. One said it was still loud. I will be attaching to carbon filter as well.

re: In dire need of a Quiet inline fan or something - 6"

Hello, i know it will cost more but the best way is to get a bigger fan then what you need and use a fan speed controller to lower the speed, a bigger fan running slower will be much quiter also using insulated ducting will help and hanging the fan from bungee cords will help dampen the vibration. hope this helps.

Panasonic whisperline is probably the quietest inline available. Add a speed bully to it for more control.

oh yes i forgot you had mentioned this one to me before. what about installing it on my setup. here is a picture.

would i be able to keep it INSIDE the closet that i am using.

goose.jpg

i will use insulated ducting since i hear its quieter.

i am thinking.. put the panasonic whisperline on the top shelf on the right side then put insulated ducting from the tent to it, of course attached to the carbon filter inside the tent. or should i have it outside the tent?

alright thank you very much sir

i went ahead and purchased this.. looks like it isnt wired with a plug? how do i go about wiring one on there

if you want it quiet you will have to do a little DIY frankensteining, but it works amazingly! and you will drastically reduce the db's being emitted into the air.

first choose a cfm and inlet outlet diameter that you require for your size tent, for yours obviously a 6" diamiter and roughly a 40450 cfm fan would work perfect. then you go to any local shop that you can purchase a (roughly) 2'x3'x2' rubber made toat, and a few cubic feet of packing peanuts.

im sure by now you get the gist of whats going on next.

mount fan inside rubbermaide toat, cut 6 1/8" holes on either side of toat for ducing to run through. like this (BUT BETTER) ;)

flexable is essential to take up any vibration from the fan. then fill in the container as tight as physically possible! with them foam peanuts, then cut small slit and hole for power cord and close lid. this will take away 75-80% of the noise. but another thing to take into effect is noise from air traveling through felxable ducting. to dampen this you simply purchase some insulated 6" ducting.like this:

yes its a little more expensive and also a little bulkier! but in the end you will have a ventilated grow box you can sleep next to haha. i had mine set up before and it sounded like an air port runway with thos fuckin jet enjinse wound up ready for take off 24/ F'n 7 haha. but now?!.... oh yes, now it is nice and quiet. nothing but the faint sound of a light hum to lull you off to lala land haha..

do it! take head in my advice ;)

if it is 120v it should be straight forward. black to black,white to white and green to green or ground terminal. you can buy a appliance pig tail at lowes or home depot in varied lengths.if you show some pics of the unit i can be more detailed.

appreciate it bro.

I like the idea that preprodigy posted. I made something very similar and it works like a charm. Anything like a box or rubbermaid will work...cut a hole on each side for your ducting, place your fan in the middle, surround the ducting with old shirts, rags, or soundproofing materials. And drill just a few vent holes near the top to release heat. This reduced my 4" fan to much quieter than a regular window fan, now it just sounds like a computer fan running :)

DSC02604.JPG

You need one of these or similar. 8 ft. 0/2 Circular Saw Cord-95104 at The Home Depot You need one of these or similar 1/2 in. ACC Non-Metallic Strain Relief Cord Connector-27693 at The Home Depot

Once you run the cord through the strain relief you wire nut the connections,,,, Black to black, white to white, green to green.

IMG_000461.JPG
IMG_000556.JPG

too bad this is basically fucking impossible to get those screws out.. i have no idea how you did it.. im on the verge of just breaking this fucking thing god damnit.

I use 6'' s&p fans with insulated ducting if exhausting indoors a scrubber at 1 end a defuser on other make no more noise than floor fan in my opinion. The rushing air creates the noise.

If you are having difficulty you can take a flat screw driver and wedge it lightly in between the electrical cover and the fan box directly under the screw, while trying to unscrew. Sounds like you might have stripped screws. It happens pretty easy with sheet metal.

Back
Top Bottom