Inductive Lighting

Interesting watch that was !

The induction provides more or a wider range of spectrum of PAR/Nm light etc compared with the plain old HPS.

Wondering why the induction helped with trichome production on some plants, might be heat diference betweens lights ?

Any way look fowards to when they get abit cheaper :love:

@ Wheatberry.... have you ever used HID or LED to grow with? or just the induction light? If you have used other types...what would you say are the advantages/disagdvantages of induction vs the others...

thanks man

Icemud i've grown with mh and hps for a long time, before that i grew with 4' t12 flouroscent and of course outdoors.i have at least 5 hids most 400w and a 1k hps.i started growing in the late 1970's.

i am trying a 504 watt led panel( ina 36'x30'x72' box ) its using 2 watts per diode and i have a couple of 1 watt led panels 1 a 120w the other a 300w panel sitting idle.

i intend on getting some of the ds series from advanced, but money is standing in my way right now.

induction lights can be found for less than i paid for mine, ones made for warehouse lighting, from 2700k - 6500k spectrums... ect.

as far as the differences one is heat, induction run cooler. i can't really say much on the pro's and cons yet. i would not tell someone to buy one yet, at least until i grow some more with this 420w. they probably would be better suited for scrog or sog, i'm tree style so i'll let everyone know if they really do penetrate 30"

the price on these induction lamps is way to high. i was desperate when i bought my induction light, to lower my power bill, i was crazy with fear.

heck i'm thinking about getting a windmill for some homade power.

i'd really like to try a sulpher plasma light a try.

Thanks wheatberry for sharing your honest opinion on the induction lights...i'm trying to decide if i will take the chance or go with led, plasma looks really good to me too, but the price, whoa...lol

I may be jumping into the induction grow lights quicker than I think. I am hopefully, if all goes well, buying 2 200w bi-spectrum induction lights for 1/3 the cost.... they are the lightpro's ones, I can't believe I am getting these at 250$ each....thats a freakin steal...

The guy said that for bloom they rival and LED, but not as good as HID as far as yield..but in reference to G/watt, they are way better because one 200w is equivallant to a 600 o r 800w he said... He said they are better than HID and LED in veg because of the power usage, and tight internode growth...I can't wait to try them out, and if all goes well...be the new owner of 2 of them....

what a freakin deal...

I'm happy as a mofo today!!!

If all goes well, will post photo's and reviews as they become available..

but in reference to G/watt, they are way better because one 200w is equivallant to a 600 o r 800w he said.

So they're claiming that their lights are capable of producing 3-4 grams per watt under optimum conditions, then?

:rofl:

So they're claiming that their lights are capable of producing 3-4 grams per watt under optimum conditions, then?

:rofl:

Not the manufacturer or company....a grower said this who I will be buying them from.... he said he has used them for 2 cycles, he said for flowering the results are about the same as LED, but lower yield than with HID, and he said the yield was over 60% of an HID yeild...so if he is using 1/4 the power getting 60% results of HID...pretty damn good, all depends on growing style I would imagine because from what I have read, the photon intensity is not like a HID so the penetration is not as good, so for tall Mama's, prob wouldn't be the best option, but for a scrog/sog grow, I would imagine this light will blow away HID...

... either way to get a 700$ light for 250$ is a great deal...I just hope that he calls me...

Say Icemud is Light pro the outfit that has the red and blue induction tube for there lights .I was checking them out .

That is the brand that this guy said he is going to sell to me....

Well I decided against purchasing these lights....it seems that even though for efficient growing they can work good for veg/clone...I am more about giving my plants a full spectrum and this bi-spectrum seemed to have no information on the actual output. I also searched for hours and hours for grows showing that this brand light was ok, and I couldn't find any.. So even though the light's were a great price, I just can't seem to want to give my girls anything less than the best, and this brand just didn't cut it... if anyone is in the LA area, look on craigslist, the guy has 4 of these at 250 each... I just am not rich enough to try out an unknown light...

I am still curious about induction lighting, but it seems more experimentation needs to be done with different phosphor blends to reach the right plant spectrums.

Icemud i think you made the right decision, not to buy at this time.

hey i wondered about my purchase and will provide more info as time goes along.

if induction is really great why don't companies selling induction lights advertise here or show some grows from others who purchased.

mine claims 5x5 area [par 420watt] i would never try to light that area with this light or the 2 400w hids i was using before i hung up the 420.

i might find out that this 420 induction was not the best purchase i made, time will tell. i'll post more pics when the time is right .

So Wheatberry... it's been a few months now. Give us an update on that Inda-Gro PRO 420 PAR for flowering. How'd you do? Weight / potency / flowering time / depth of penetration /comparison to HPS?

Do tell. Inquiring minds want to know. :peace:

i still need to do more testing before i would recomend buying this light. i got on average 52 gm per plant, i only ran 5 clones. a deepchunkxwhite rhino clone. i had a lot of empty space with only 5 clones under the light.

under the 2 400 's i got 40 -42 gm per plant with 8-10 plants in the same space.

potency was all it should be and rock hard buds, i need to run 8-10 plants under this but i want to add some more red , i'll use some 1 watt leds i have just sitting around as side lighting . i think i can up the yield a bit with more red.

penatration was pretty good but i trim off all the lower branches so i don't have popcorn bud to bother with.

sorry no pics my wife might break my camera if i ever post pics again but we're working on her paranoia so ..... the future hasn't been written yet about more pics.

getting ready for the yearly outdoor grow.

The induction lamps are expensive, sure, but you save that money in the long run. Take a second to read our description of the induction lamps and you'll see what they're all about. Anyone here with hands on experience of over 5 years using on of these?

If anyone is running induction light's and wouldn't mind, could you take some shots with this DIY spectrometer. I would love to see what types of spectrums these things are putting out, since the charts are really hard to find. Also If you do, please list what type it is...Thanks

DIY Spectrometer - Check what wavelengths your lights give out

Inductive fluorescent lighting is not a new concept. It has been in use in Europe for approximately 30 years. It is a rule of thumb that a 400 watt metal halyde lamp can be replaced with a 200 watt inductive fluorescent fixture. If you look with your eye, the inductive fluorescent light is just as bright and a nicer light however according to light meters the light produced by the 200 watt inductive fluorescent fixture is substantially less. This has alot to do with how your eyes see light and what is known as pupil lumens. Welcome to USLT will explain the concept quite thoroughly. As far as a grow light, you will need literature from the manufacturer explaining what the light spectrum of the fixture you are looking at caters to, as a plant obviously doesnt see light the way you and I do.
These fixtures are instant on and will maintain 90 percent of their lighting output for approximately 90 percent of their lifecycle which will be approximately 100,000 hours. Led is about 60,000 hrs and its not because of the led, its the longevity of the driver.
These fixtures are currently being widely accepted in the industrial sector and private utilities as a superior product because they emit a favourable light, with less operating costs and maintenance. Larger utilities like Con Edison or Toronto Hydro will resist this technology vigorously for as long as possible. They will continue to "test" these products until political pressures force their hand. These utilities buy power by the megawatt and sell it to their customers. The power that is used but not sold to clients is considered grey power and is primarily consumed by street lights and line loss. This grey power or un metered power is paid to the utility by the city. This is an income for the utility that it has no interest in reducing. These utilities talk the green talk but don't walk the green walk themselves. Across Europe these lights are the norm.
I have installed approximately 10,000 of these units in many different locations and so far can't dispute the longevity or reduced maintentance claims but i cannot coment on their performance as far as their usefullness in a growing environment. You can do light spectrum analysys To determine par quality, but it will only be relevant to the bulb model tested. Some may perform better than others.

Hey G those are looking beautiful bro! Just curious, why did you go with the 400 and not the 420 which they show as more red spectrum better penetration and a lighter housing. When I went to the inda-gro website I found a link to their facebook page and in the user submitted images everyone seems to be using the 420's for flowering. Be nice to save some coin with the 400 if it flowers just as well

I bought the pro 400 at a local hydro store. The 420 has 10% more intensity which didn't seem to justify the added cost.
I'm growing in a small area and I'm amazed how well this light works. The nodes are tight and the nugs are nice and hard.
I had a 400 hid before and this light kick it's ass. Determining you needs will justify which type of light to get.

[video=youtube;Z-_kVB2wSVQ]
[/video]

Back
Top Bottom