Is that gnats

headoff

420 Member
I have some pests, but not sure what kind.Im growing in Coco+perlite, temperatures are 23-24, RH 60-75%.
They stay only on top of leaves, under the leaves have nothing.

IMAG1971.jpg

IMAG1970.jpg

IMAG1969.jpg

IMAG1972.jpg

Not gnats. The larvae do the damage under the soil. The adults are a nuisance and don't damage or lay eggs on leaves. Appears to be bulbous trichomes.

It's really hard to say it with a close up like that bro but it could be the start of white mold but than could be spider mite eggs. More pictures of the soil and plant itself could help?

Small flying pests are probably fungus gnats...flyers above the canopy, landing on foliage or on the soil are indicators, for every one you see there are usually a dozen that you don’t see. Fans moving air plus yellow sticky traps are great deterrents, plus SNS is a sponsor and they make some great natural products for pest control. Yeah could just be sessile trichs on the fam leaves

I never see something to fly around my plants.Have couple of eggs like you see(one) on picture.Maybe is trichome hairs, but my leaves looks little weird and little bright(not twisting or glossy.
Run off EC is 100/150 bellow what i put.
This pictures are from my 100x magnificier and my phone.I will post pictures of my plant and try to make better with magnificier.

It could be spider mites possible if they are looking like eggs to you. Spider mites eat the roots and everything and they tend to lay their eggs on the leaf. They're a little more hard to spot since their very small and blend with the soil but you can spot they will a magnify glass and they look like little red spiders. This is input for right now, some more pictures of the soil and plant itself a could help out?

Look more like trichomes or gnats, because look like egg with tail.I think spider mites are hiding under the leaves, on my plants i have only on top.
I will post more pictures later.

Under LED they look brith, but under daylight look healthy.Have some spots wich look like burned or...i dont know.
IMAG1978.jpg
IMAG1980.jpg
IMAG1982.jpg
IMAG1983.jpg

nothing looks out of the ordinary. i'd expect something a bit more widespread if you were fighting pests.

Yes, but i dont know what cause this spost.
You may have nicked the leaf when it was young or a little nutrient got on it. Totally normal.

You plant looks good. I would maybe up the nutrients a small amount. To my eyes she looks a little underfed.

i get those little bumps on fast growing plants all the time. much more common on indica dominant plants with the larger leaves.

it's partly genetic, and partly due to the fact we making the plant grow faster than the leaf can build. the leaves can even develop small tears that resemble a predatory attack.

the brown spot just looks to be burn from where water gathered during a feeding.

When im handwatering and they are small, sometimes nutrient got on it.My run off EC is 300 points below what i put.Coco is Canna proffesional+.

When im handwatering and they are small, sometimes nutrient got on it.My run off EC is 300 points below what i put.Coco is Canna proffesional+.

you are doing well. the run off ppm won't tell you much. simply watch your inputs and your plants for signs of hunger or problems. start a journal if you haven't, you can get more help from members that way. the community is really good.

as noted, they could probably use a slight bump in nutes soon, and it looks like they want just a tiny bit of cal-mag. you're not doing bad at all. keep at it.

Back
Top Bottom