Is this a good soil alternative for indoor? Coco peat 60% coir 40%, perlite 20%

How about thease 12L I can get for good price get 4 about 50 buks, and after many times root rot I'm very keen on these.
4 of these with large saucers for run off, leave for half hour the tip out.. how this sound?

Screenshot_20240423-021737.png
Those are my favorite.
Check my threads I have pictorials on how to fill them and use them to get huge root systems with more hard bud than you can trim.
I wouldn't buy anything else ever again.
They are brilliant regardless 9f what you put in them.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Those are my favorite.
Check my threads I have pictorials on how to fill them and use them to get huge root systems with more hard bud than you can trim.
I wouldn't buy anything else ever again.
They are brilliant regardless 9f what you put in them.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Can yo send me the link on how to fill I can't find ... Cheers brother 👍

Here is just one but that journal has a dozen pictorials on my method.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

S
Thanks mate now is piranha beneficial bacteria ok as I have I stead of dymco stuff..
I'm using perlite coco 30/70 premix, I've got glay balls I was going to put a layer at the bottom is this necessary, I've got straight perlite to, to I put that around transplant and do I sprinkle it with piranha beneficial bacteria
Cheers,👍

Thanks mate now is piranha beneficial bacteria ok as I have I stead of dymco stuff..
I'm using perlite coco 30/70 premix, I've got glay balls I was going to put a layer at the bottom is this necessary, I've got straight perlite to, to I put that around transplant and do I sprinkle it with piranha beneficial bacteria
Cheers,👍
Just use the perlite not the balls, :thumb:
What ever micro. you have access to is fine.
It goes directly on the root ball.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

are you running that set up in summer ? it does looks like it'll be real hot. understand why you use the cool tube. have you looked into led at all ? it can be a game changer.

also i'm not sure how you are running the set up, but you should have exhaust air piped direct to outdoor, or you will have issues with heat, rh, etc.

Just use the perlite not the balls, :thumb:
What ever micro. you have access to is fine.
It goes directly on the root ball.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Ok thanks brother
are you running that set up in summer ? it does looks like it'll be real hot. understand why you use the cool tube. have you looked into led at all ? it can be a game changer.

also i'm not sure how you are running the set up, but you should have exhaust air piped direct to outdoor, or you will have issues with heat, rh, etc.
Yes I have led for veg the long 18 hours that go to midday so 18:00, 12pm, it still runnins hotter than the 400w hps (hps this is the coolest option at 3 degrees Celsius above ambient intake temperature), exhaust go up the roof vent, air come in windows vent, cooling is best I can get in this environment, 155w centrifugal fans on intake and one one exhaust the air transfer is good. The rh is usually the problem when in summer everything is shut down 12pm - 7 then climate control system start's again once the outside temperature has dropped. The dehumidifier and fans come on, the fans empty the tent untill it reaches optimal temperature for that grow period although in summer it can be so hard sometimes fans run the whole cycle untill the timer go off or the overheating thermostat kicks in and shuts down the whole lot. It's hard in summer but I have managed to keep the same strain going for 4 years with a brake int the middle and a quick breading out bush to keep th ball rolling.. I'm shit at growing but getting there but as far as equipment I'm doing ok I guess considering I've gone through just about everything going from CMH to led and hps, the final set up that on my budget is just 600w in winter and 400 in summer for blooming.

i didn't know you had automated climate control. that goes a long ways to smoothing things out.

i didn't know you had automated climate control. that goes a long ways to smoothing things out.
It's full automatic basically just set and forget to a certain level anyways, If it gets to hot turns off by its, but not before the light shuts off inside a few degrees earlier, the fans will continue untill the whole area gets to hot at 35c the full shut down, sometimes the shed will get to 40 but the tent is wrapped insulated and will hold a lower temperature inside
Really just November to March is the worst.. the rest of the year is great and the cold is the best

yeah i have difficulty running a summer grow indoor here too. i'm gonna face a number of issues on the PGC @SeedsMan grow. winter grows are smooth sailing in comparison.

Yeh during this summer I sorted all the heating issues by trial and error multiple times..eg
Trying to save power in different ways
CMH is allegedly running cooler mmmm ok yeh right I spend 700 buks on CMH bits n pieces, yeh in summer run 7 degrees C hotter that ambient intake temperature with an external ballast mmmm ok thanks for that internet..
Next ok let try and led yeh so grab a 320 w mmm on not bad good for veg, still running at 4-5 degrees above ambient temperature, so need to be turned down some days especially after 8-9 am.. yeh saves power is ok. I like my hps buds you just cannot beat it for chunky and that what I'm about chunky bud. So the bottom line it seems the best way by trial and error
320w led veg and adjustable in hot times ( thing is when this is running at 50% to run cool it's lost all it's punch whereas the hps running at full blast and only 3 degrees above)

400w hps summer or hotter months, 600w😜( my favourite) winter and cool time eg April to September approx

CMH UV lamp at intervals in middle of cycle depending on temperature, I'm just going to run it on the side as a supplement kinda thing during the last 2 weeks the recommended so anyways it flexible that, but it's a good lamp real purple tinge

I tamper with the room the lights ect depending on the day if hot sometimes run fan to pump hot air out... I just hate summer 🤬

Yeh during this summer I sorted all the heating issues by trial and error multiple times..eg
Trying to save power in different ways
2 CMH is allegedly running cooler mmmm ok yeh right I spend 700 buks on CMH bits n pieces, yeh in summer run 7 degrees C hotter that ambient intake temperature with an external ballast mmmm ok thanks for that internet..

after led a cmh is the next best as far as lumen output for the amount of heat.

Next ok let try and led yeh so grab a 320 w mmm on not bad good for veg, still running at 4-5 degrees above ambient temperature, so need to be turned down some days especially after 8-9 am.. yeh saves power is ok. I like my hps buds you just cannot beat it for chunky and that what I'm about chunky bud.

led does the same with a larger harvest if you have the right one and manage it correct. led beats everything for lumens produced in relation to the amount of heat.

the heat is actually part of how hid works building the buds you desire. it's managed different in led and takes a bit of a learning curve.

So the bottom line it seems the best way by trial and error
320w led veg and adjustable in hot times ( thing is when this is running at 50% to run cool it's lost all it's punch whereas the hps running at full blast and only 3 degrees above)

depending on your rig you can run the drivers separate the same as a remote ballast on a hid light. it's always something to take into consideration when setting up the space.

400w hps summer or hotter months, 600w😜( my favourite) winter and cool time eg April to September approx

most of my old winter grows were set up to use the hid as the main heat source. i still do something similar under led. my veg space uses a heater to hit the temps i like even now.

CMH UV lamp at intervals in middle of cycle depending on temperature, I'm just going to run it on the side as a supplement kinda thing during the last 2 weeks the recommended so anyways it flexible that, but it's a good lamp real purple tinge

led carries a tiny amount of uv with it, but many growers supplement with more.

I tamper with the room the lights ect depending on the day if hot sometimes run fan to pump hot air out... I just hate summer 🤬

its definitely tougher to manage a summer indoor grow here.

after led a cmh is the next best as far as lumen output for the amount of heat.

led does the same with a larger harvest if you have the right one and manage it correct. led beats everything for lumens produced in relation to the amount of heat.

the heat is actually part of how hid works building the buds you desire. it's managed different in led and takes a bit of a learning curve.

depending on your rig you can run the drivers separate the same as a remote ballast on a hid light. it's always something to take into consideration when setting up the space.

most of my old winter grows were set up to use the hid as the main heat source. i still do something similar under led. my veg space uses a heater to hit the temps i like even now.

led carries a tiny amount of uv with it, but many growers supplement with more.

its definitely tougher to manage a summer indoor grow here.
Thanks mate everything helps hone the learn 😜

Thanks mate everything helps hone the learn 😜
Yeh CMH would be good cooled but can't cool double jacket bulb now all you can buy, we have people selling them in a conversion with cool tubes lol lol crack😜
I think CMH would be great in a grow room but no good in a tent or in a hot environment with more than 10 degrees outside temp, so 30c no go I'd only gets to 20 be ok in my opinion from my experience here

Yeh CMH would be good cooled but can't cool double jacket bulb now all you can buy, we have people selling them in a conversion with cool tubes lol lol crack😜
I think CMH would be great in a grow room but no good in a tent or in a hot environment with more than 10 degrees outside temp, so 30c no go I'd only gets to 20 be ok in my opinion from my experience here

once we get close to 30c here everything gets sideways and hard to manage.
mostly it's just hang on and hope lol :p

Remote led driver is a good idea yeh and yeh I'll definitely try get that type next time that would know it down a couple degrees maybe comparable with the cooled 400w but better light, I'm going to buy one descent led set up in the future and give it a go, from what I've looked at probably 2x viparspectra panel's but thats a way off right now there's a 600 w in post I'll punch the shit outta the next couple lots then summer I'll see if I can grab a few leds, might be the go then but I'm still thinking the heat off the led panel and strips is going to produce a lot of heat that's not ducted immediately, it enters the grow space so even remote drivers or drivers In i just don't if we can beat the 400w hps 3c different in the worst hot period.. the thing is som nights can be 26 C air temperature co we running at 30 in bloom just to keep going yeh it's a real mofo

Remote led driver is a good idea yeh in yeh definitely try get that type next time that would know it down a couple degrees maybe comparable with the cooled 400 but better light, I'm going to buy one descent led set up in the future and give it a go, from what I've looked at probably 2x viparspectra panel's but that a way off right now 600 w in post I'll punch the shit outta the next couple lots then summer I'll see if I can grab a few might be the go then but I'm still thinking the heat of the led panel and strips is going to produce a lot of heat that's not ducted immediately, it enters the grow space so even remote drivers or drivers I just don't if we can beat tva 400w hps 3c different in the worst hot period.. the thing is som nights can be 26 C air temperature co we running at 30 in bloom just to keep going yeh it's a real mofo
There's just no degrees to play with it's right down to the wire summer nights🤯🤬

Back
Top Bottom