Is this calcium deficiency? Coco

baxbax

What Strain is it? Critical kush from royal queen seeds
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? I think it is indica What percentages? ???
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 15 days since sprout
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? -----
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soilless 100 % coco coir
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? 100% coco
If Soil... What Size Pot? 5 gallon fabric pot
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 65 watt cfl
Is it Air Cooled? yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? btween 20 and 25
RH of Room/Cabinet? 40 to 50 percent
PH of Medium or Reservoir? watering with ph of 5.9 to 6.1
Any Pests? no
How Often are you Watering? every 3 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
urea nitrogen 20 % > 1.3 ml per gallon
pk booster > 1.3 ml per gallon
general hydroponics bioweed > 1.3 ml per gallon
minerals complex (all trace minerals) > 1.3 ml per gallon
cal mag 2.5 ml per gallon

Size or Square Footage of Room? cabinet grow

what to do ?

Could be. Did you ph your runoff? Might be a salt buildup causing problems too. Did you try a good flush?

Could be. Did you ph your runoff? Might be a salt buildup causing problems too. Did you try a good flush?

I did't ph runoff but will do it at next watering and will tell results , last time I watered them with 3 gallon water+nutrients to wash unwanted salts ? is this enough to flush ? most of time I water them good with lots of runoff , anyway this is my only problem while growing and is this rust spots , last grow it started like this and spread to other leaves

* it's 1 gallon fabric pot
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial
"Calcium is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at pH levels of 5.4-5.8 (Wouldn’t recommend having a pH over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Calcium Deficiency."

I thought calcium best absorb at ph of over 6.2 ? I start a thread here and users told me calcium absorb best at ph of over 6.2 ?

* it's 1 gallon fabric pot
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial
"Calcium is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at pH levels of 5.4-5.8 (Wouldn’t recommend having a pH over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Calcium Deficiency."

I thought calcium best absorb at ph of over 6.2 ? I started a thread here and users told me calcium absorb best at ph of over 6.2 ? In this thread I ask what is best ph for calcium uptake :

Best pH for calcium in coco coir

also I read In this site that calcium absorb best at ph of over 6.2 :
"Calcium deficiencies are more likely to appear when :
  • Growing cannabis in coco coir that hasn't been supplemented with calcium or below 6.2 pH "

How to Fix a Calcium Deficiency on Cannabis Plants | Grow Weed Easy

so which is true ph between 5.4-5.8 or ph over 6.2 ?

As it is progressing fast :

new grows looks fine this happened to first and second set of leaves .

I should go 5.5 to 6.0 according to Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial OR go above 6.2 according to this chart ?

1661116572692.png

I grow in 2 coco : 1 perlite.
Medium is soaked in water at pH 5.6 overnight as coco has a natural pH close to 7.0.
Medium is flushed with water and 1/4 strength CaliMagic at ph 5.8 until the runoff is at pH 5.8 - 5.9.
From seedling through vegetative stages, water + nutrients is pH is adjusted to 5.8.
During the transition to flower pH is adjusted to 5.9.
During flowering pH is adjusted to 6.0.
Nutrients used are General Hydroponics Flora Series with CaliMagic, Floralicious Plus, and KoolBloom.
Rapid Start is used from seedling to about the middle of the vegetative stage.
Seedlings get 1/8 strength for their first feed/watering, everything after that has been 1/4 strength.
I've not experienced nutrient burn or deficiency with this regimen.

How accurate are your pH measurements? Do you use pH strips or a quality meter? If you use a meter, do you calibrate it regularly? I calibrate mine before each use. I have pH strips as a backup, but don't use them as my aging eyes prefer numbers. Are you using well, municipal, or water from an RO? What is the TDS of the water? If you use municipal water, I suggest leaving it sit for two days prior to using it to let the chlorine or chloramine dissipate.

I suggest flushing with pH 5.8 water and measuring the runoff. Keep flushing until pH 5.8 - 5.9 is achieved. Let the plant drain for a few hours, then feed with a fresh batch of nutrients at 1/2 strength. Check your plant, and if the problem is solved go to 1/4 to 1/3 strength with the nutrients.

I grow in 2 coco : 1 perlite.
Medium is soaked in water at pH 5.6 overnight as coco has a natural pH close to 7.0.
Medium is flushed with water and 1/4 strength CaliMagic at ph 5.8 until the runoff is at pH 5.8 - 5.9.
From seedling through vegetative stages, water + nutrients is pH is adjusted to 5.8.
During the transition to flower pH is adjusted to 5.9.
During flowering pH is adjusted to 6.0.
Nutrients used are General Hydroponics Flora Series with CaliMagic, Floralicious Plus, and KoolBloom.
Rapid Start is used from seedling to about the middle of the vegetative stage.
Seedlings get 1/8 strength for their first feed/watering, everything after that has been 1/4 strength.
I've not experienced nutrient burn or deficiency with this regimen.

How accurate are your pH measurements? Do you use pH strips or a quality meter? If you use a meter, do you calibrate it regularly? I calibrate mine before each use. I have pH strips as a backup, but don't use them as my aging eyes prefer numbers. Are you using well, municipal, or water from an RO? What is the TDS of the water? If you use municipal water, I suggest leaving it sit for two days prior to using it to let the chlorine or chloramine dissipate.

I suggest flushing with pH 5.8 water and measuring the runoff. Keep flushing until pH 5.8 - 5.9 is achieved. Let the plant drain for a few hours, then feed with a fresh batch of nutrients at 1/2 strength. Check your plant, and if the problem is solved go to 1/4 to 1/3 strength with the nutrients.

ok , now I checked run off , I watered them with half gallon of calmag solution ph of 5.6 and my first amount of run off came out at ph of 6.4 (using ph pen) calibrated recently - I use 1 ml of silica from growth technology per gallon at every watering could this cause my high ph build up ?
I use my under sink ro water because it's impossible check ph of ro water I mixed them with calmag and humic for checking runoff ph .
do you think my ph is locked out ? I think it should be close to 7 at root zone as I always watered them with ph of 6 from start . by this result I understand my ph rise by 0.9 -- 2 days after I water them with ph of 6 .

But i'm dont know what is best ph for calcium and mg uptake if it is best absorb at ph of above 6.2 I'm already at range but if best abrob 5.5 to 6.0 i'm totally out of range . I did research some say above 6.2 like growweedeasy.com and some like Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial say 5.5 to 6.0 :confused:

Can urea have bad effect of calmag uptake ? as I use urea as Nitrogen source ?

Check out my coco thread in my sig. You aren't using enough light so that will affect the strength of feed the plant can take. 65w is nothing. Make sure you add calmag to your base note and keep ph between 5.6-5.8 for veg. My coco thread has everything you need to know. And if you are hand feeding once daily don't feed to run off and make sure you feed nutrient every day, never plain water and more feeds the better.

Back
Top Bottom