Is this Magnesium Deficiency?

PALLO

420 Member
Hello, Everyone!

I recently went out of town for a few days. I typically don't water everyday so I thought my plants would be fine. I came back to what appears to be Magnesium Deficiency. Can anyone confirm? Tried to add some Magnesium Sulfate to a water cycle and hoping it helps,
But I wanted to be sure I was treating the right problem.

Here's some pics

20230521_135433.jpg

20230521_135423.jpg

20230521_135421.jpg

20230521_135413.jpg

What medium are you growing in? Coco? Soil? LOS? Are you feeding bottled nutes? If Coco are you checking PH?

Hi! Thanks for responding. I'm going in soil but I do have CoCo mixed in. Not feeding bottled nutes and have not checked pH since we've been back.

Hi! Thanks for responding. I'm going in soil but I do have CoCo mixed in. Not feeding bottled nutes and have not checked pH since we've been back.
What is your soil mix? What amendments?

@PALLO yes it does look like it might be a Mg def.

I would try a foliar feed on the underside of the leaves using 1 tsp epsom salt in a half gallon of pH'd water. That's a quick release/access solution. It has helped with my own Mg def.

Good luck!

Emeraldo

Thank you. I really appreciate it.
@PALLO no problem. Sometimes it's hard to tell what the issue is. If you have no improvement after spraying with epsom salts for magnesium, you might try seaweed concentrate (very diluted in water) for potassium, since as others @Roy Growin mentioned what you have there might be some stage of K def. Seaweed concentrate is 0-0-0.4 in terms of npk, and can be sprayed on the leaves as well, is immediately accessible that way.

Hi @PALLO

No, it's definitely not a N deficiency.

I hope the Mg def is reduced after applying epsom salt as a foliar spray. You should see some improvement after one or two days, and hopefully no new symptoms in new growth.

Yellowing and burnt brown leaf edges can be a symptom of K def. I didn't see any clear symptom of K def, but just in case some seaweed concentrate (also diluted 1 tsp per half gallon) is good all round anyway and won't hurt them.

Back
Top Bottom