Its A New Year's Flipping Party! Group Journal For Those Flipping On New Year's

That looks tasty, Newty. :yummy:

Ian

So im gonna try something I have never seen done, and i want you guys to tell me why it wont work.

First I'd like to apologize for putting this on the new years thread, but there are a hell of a lot more folks here than my Lemon Skunk thread, and it's kind of related.

So i have 2 plants in RDWC. They are in their own tubs but obviously share nutrients. This is my problem... I have one just about ready to flush and one that I hope has at least a week or two. The buds are big, but seriously need to harden.

I need to seperated the two plants so i can flush just one. I've thought of connecting the res. directly to the plant I want to feed then plugging the fittings on the flush side. This is a bit of work, creates all sorts of avenues for leaks. I was thinking of finding a tub that would fit into the tub I want to flush, but finding the right size is asking a lot. With that in mind I've decided to lift the plant, bag the roots, and put it back in the tub full of fresh water. I can get probably 15 gallons on the bag . I will cut a 4 inch PVC pipe to fit around the inlet and outlet of the of the flushing tub. This pipe will make sure the bag doesn't impede the flow from the res. to the tub that will have nitrients. I will have to take apart the SCRoG. But that's not an issue.

So it's a little weird, but I'm going with it. If y'all see obvious issues of like to hear about it

Everyone’s girls look incredible. Congrats on the haul Newty!!! Those are some great bud shots Moonshine! Stltoed, I applaud you on all that work to keep your girls happy. I’m sure they’ll reward you for it. They’re huge man. HUGE!

Tha

So im gonna try something I have never seen done, and i want you guys to tell me why it wont work.

First I'd like to apologize for putting this on the new years thread, but there are a hell of a lot more folks here than my Lemon Skunk thread, and it's kind of related.

So i have 2 plants in RDWC. They are in their own tubs but obviously share nutrients. This is my problem... I have one just about ready to flush and one that I hope has at least a week or two. The buds are big, but seriously need to harden.

I need to seperated the two plants so i can flush just one. I've thought of connecting the res. directly to the plant I want to feed then plugging the fittings on the flush side. This is a bit of work, creates all sorts of avenues for leaks. I was thinking of finding a tub that would fit into the tub I want to flush, but finding the right size is asking a lot. With that in mind I've decided to lift the plant, bag the roots, and put it back in the tub full of fresh water. I can get probably 15 gallons on the bag . I will cut a 4 inch PVC pipe to fit around the inlet and outlet of the of the flushing tub. This pipe will make sure the bag doesn't impede the flow from the res. to the tub that will have nitrients. I will have to take apart the SCRoG. But that's not an issue.

So it's a little weird, but I'm going with it. If y'all see obvious issues of like to hear about it[/QUOTE

Damn steele....thats some crazy shit man. Those are bad ass. Holy shite bro. Thats gonna be one heavy lift ayyy?
It may be awkward, but I don't think it will be too heavy. Ironically this tub has three stainless pins in the top of the tub. I can hook up a light hanger and hoist the plant up that way. Then, as it's hanging there throw the air diffuser in the bag, start filling with fresh water and lower the plant into the water. Boom done... I think.

The issue of connected reserviors is not a good idea in my opinion for all the reasons you stated. I would drain the whole thing and not mess with the connections. My plant is doin ok on straight water but she had tons of leaves to consume and keep her goin. Put it on another bin?

I'm not connecting or disconnecting anything. I'm just removing my plant from nutrient water, adding a bag of fresh water then lowering the plant into the fresh water. Nothing mechanical is getting changed other then the addition of the bag

Before I would potentially destroy the whole grow I would drain the whole thing buddy. Over three weeks on straight water and my girl is still goin.

Worse case scenerio my roots tear and the plant has a limp. But it's done. It's gonna be upside down in s week or so. This wont effect the other plant at all. Thanks for giving it a think.

Bountiful Harvests coming for all.

@Stltoed Why not feed them both until the end...no flush:eek: I’ve heard other big names doing this so just a thought.
Yeah, I've heard that the flush doesnt do anything, but it seems like with all the time and energy we put towards these things it would be best to give it the benefit of the doubt. I had a plant last season that did 9 ounces. I flushed it for 5 days (soil) and in the end it was a bit harsh, months later it's very smooth, but that initial smoke was a little bitey. I was really putting the boots to this plant with final feeding, and maybe should have gone 10 days in flush. Or maybe it takes a 75 day cure to chill that strain out... I don't know. PLUS! It's a problem I've seen many times in conversation. It would be fun to come up with an easy fix. Thanks

Yeah, I've heard that the flush doesnt do anything, but it seems like with all the time and energy we put towards these things it would be best to give it the benefit of the doubt. I had a plant last season that did 9 ounces. I flushed it for 5 days (soil) and in the end it was a bit harsh, months later it's very smooth, but that initial smoke was a little bitey. I was really putting the boots to this plant with final feeding, and maybe should have gone 10 days in flush. Or maybe it takes a 75 day cure to chill that strain out... I don't know. PLUS! It's a problem I've seen many times in conversation. It would be fun to come up with an easy fix. Thanks

9 oz is all I heard!!

Daaaaaang :slide:

9 oz is all I heard!!

That was a nice seed. Taught me a lot. Since it was my first foray into soil it almost made me give up on hydro. But what it did was becuse of the seed itself. It would have grown well in a pile of damp cigarette butts.

9 oz is all I heard!!

That was a nice seed. Taught me a lot. Since it was my first foray into soil it almost made me give up on hydro. But what it did was becuse of the seed itself. It would have grown well in a pile of damp cigarette butts.
Heres tbe haul....

They feel really dense. Cant wait to sample it appropriately. That branch from a week ago has me curious
Looks great. Making me hungry. I'm curious about Blueberry. Looking forward to hear your opinion on that

Back
Top Bottom