Jaerock's Indoor Bag Seed Soil Grow Journal Summer 2015

I'm working with a new strain right now and had no idea until this week that it's most likely a 7-8wk strain (they're in week 7). I'm looking at trichs right now and see about 2% clear, 8% amber and 90% cloudy. I'm pulling fans today and cutting in the AM.

what do the pistils look like ? is it ok to cut with a lot of white pistils ? all of my trichomes appear mostly cloudy.
i have no idea what strains im growing but the trichs are definitely 75%+ cloudy on the sativas and 90%+5% or more amber on the clear indica.My dad says he can see about 10-15% amber on the indica and his eyes are far better then mine. we also looked under normal lights not hps.

definitely going to chop pac this weekend shes had 7.5 hours of darkness so far . debating on finding a way to give her darkness for another 16.5 and then chop it, figured may as well try the 24h darkness thing before harvest to help resin more.

oh what to do ! im definitely reading up some more in the harvest section tonight before i decide if its coming down tonight or tomorrow

silverfox : i did not LST cuz i dont have proper items/pots to do so . was going to try scrog on my next one but i may have to cut them down they are vegging and ppl are coming to look at house in 2 weeks. going to try and get a small grow box built i can store them in so hopefully i donthave to chop.

there is no set time to harvest its personal preference, cloudy = head high amber = narcotic couchlock kind of stone and clear is just not mature enough to be psychoactive from what ive read. could be wrong on that though.
Also take into consideration the type of cannabis you are growing as sativa is generally more of a head high and indica more couch lock. not sure if harvest at cloudy with indica will make less couch lock guess i will be finding out.

reading up on the bud washing but i dunno if i can bring myself to try that for fear ill mess something up.

cheers all
:lot-o-toke::peace::party::ganjamon:

My pistils are mostly white with tips browning. It's fine to cut with white pistils. There are some situations where the plant just keeps pushing out new pistils even though the trichs say it's done. It's a judgement call and learning experience. When the buds are sticky, pretty solid and you're seeing cloudy and amber, I would think it's pretty close.

sept 5 lights on

dre grew 1/4 inch vertical

so after a good 90 mins of sitting down and looking at each bud on each plant i chopped pac and susan down.
trichomes:

pac about 80% cloudy 20% amber (at most)
susan was 95% cloudy 5% amber

dre is still growing and packing on size and is at about 70% cloudy 5% amber 25% clear.

i pulled susan because a lot of the sugar leaves were beginning to yellow and change to brown slowly and the vast majority of trichomes were cloudy.:ganjamon:

due to our recent heat wave and very high humidity i have been unable to find a nice cool closet to dry them in, currently using a dresser drawer with buds spread out over paper towl and good ventilation around the drawer . i am flipping buds every 6-8 hours + when i wake up in the morning and every 6 hours after that.Also i have buds shaded so they are not in contact with any amount of light .

also took a very close look at the buds i been tokin on and notice that over 50% are still clear ! seems someone pulled that crop a little early.

weight looks to be pretty small but as i said at the beginning an ounce would make me happier then a pig rolling in shit so :cool:
smell and texture is very nice

im guessing dre has at least a week left on it as it hasn't showed signs of slowing down unlike susan who was beginning to lose all her leaves +sugar leaves.

i am very excited and happy to have made it this far even with a smaller amount from the 2 i chopped .

also after looking at the buds i back builded and the few i didn't, back building is the shit as the ones i did have a almost golf ball type shape to them almost tear drop, and look to be quite a bit more dense then the others i did not backbuild.

if i had to guesstimate i would say i will have close to an ounce dry from pac+susan. and if i had to guess i would say im going to at least match that amount from Dre.

i have never been so pumped to try some cannabis. i cannot wait for my new vaporizer to get here so i can try this shit out . going to dry 5+ days probably 7 since i will have to wait for my vape anyways followed by mason jar curing.
It may not be much but it appears that i will easily make my money back in this one grow and its all MINE MWAHAHAHA i am soooooo happy today

thanks to all who have helped me get to where i wanted to go ! I could not have made it this far without the 420magazine.com community
:Namaste::thanks:

will keep updating until i pull Dre in the next week.

Cheers Amigos!

Sept 6 lights on

Dre is moving along nicely getting very very thick with clear trichomes particularly if you look under the buds and on the sugar leaves there seems be mass trichome production taking place. it looks like a transparent mushroom field.
it is also very easy to see new , 1/3 formed trichs forming all over on it. something i did NOT notice on Pac or Susan.

spent a bit looking at the buds i chopped thru a loupe and its looking very nice so far. no signs of mold or anything .. i have the hung on a clothesline in a darkened room(not completely black) with a fan going and air conditioner set to 73 degrees .
after a slight bit of drying the bud is compacting a bit from pac and i can see now it is closer to 10% clear . 80% cloudy and 10% amber.
the buds from susan(sativa i believe) are a bit more airy but the trichs are just as beautiful. 90% cloudy and maybe 8% clear 2% amber.

the majority of amber i see on both are the bottom half of the stalks that the mushroom heads are attached to. and theres only a few of em

after a while longer i believe the 3 i have vegging are 2 sativa and 1 indica , the 2 look shockingly like dre did but with way less stretch and much more vigorous growth.

suspecting i will need to water Dre tonight

anyways a very exciting time that is for sure i am so happy with what i pulled off. its not a huge bag but its my investment and its sure nice to see any returns at all given that i began with 21 seedlings and finished with 3 ...

cheers all

sept 7 lights on
day 57 of 12/12

dre moving alone nicely it seems to very thirsty as of late i watered it 18 oz of water before i turned the lights off .

trying to think of ways to begin LST on my 2 vegging towers. One is now 20 inch the other 17 and change and MEGA branch growth since the defol.

i really need to get a grip on it or start SCROG by improvising a screen.

decisions decisions.
cheers all

heres some pics of dried buds from susan and pac

also there is pics from the 3 females i have vegging. not sure if anyone can see it but yellow and brown spots on leaves on the small one and the 2nd biggest has fans that are turning orange/yellow . The all star of the 3 has no such issues.

also its nice to see some branching as the plants i flowered had less then 3 weeks veg under very poor lights and no branches just leaves when i began 12/12 like a noob.

017634.jpg

018566.jpg

019498.jpg

020485.jpg

021460.jpg

024349.jpg

025348.jpg

026327.jpg

027299.jpg

028297.jpg

cheers

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Thanks so much i love this site and the people that make it such a resource base.

I do but it originally started as a cloning practice project but due to reasons beyond my control may have to be cut short so as soon as i start a for sure one i will start a new improved journal . But im going to maintain daily monitoring of all of "The Grow Room" as its my favorite forum on the web for sure!

The pics alone never get old.

Cheers and thanks so much ! :Namaste::thanks:

just a quick update im yanking :cheer: *ALL STAR* DRE :cheer: sunday morning around 10am taking cola and top 2 teardrop bud sites and leaving the rest to mature a few more days before yanking it.
super thick trichome covering the calyx of all buds now 95%+ cloudy with new clear ones showing up every day but oh man is it coated..

Smoke report:

well i gave in finally it was smelling so damn good i had to try er out and man is it ever smooth. i know ppl rip MG but i have no taste of it at all its very smooth smoke and the ashes are light grey and burns very evenly. going to do my best to save the rest.
will update on dre's smoke when i test it in a week+.

was using a standard ghetto waterfall setup vaporizer is not here yet.

also not as hard on my asthma as the pot ive been buying . :thumb::Namaste:

Cheers all

it is with great sadness i post that today i had to cut down the 3 i had vegging . the smallest had pretty much stalled growing for over a week and was looking sickly. the 2nd had some weird leaf color going on but the ALL STAR sativa before i chopped it was :

25 inches tall from the top of soil.
37 different pistil locations throughout branches and the main stem. each location is at least 3/4 of an inch from another location.
branch fans that were almost as large as the largest leaves i got through my entire previous grow.
from what i could see at least 16 clones were on it and it was on its 5th set of alternating nodes just beginning at the top . very very sad.

it had been alive ~6-7 weeks under 12/12 light since seeds.
RIP :surrender:

today is a very sad day for me

however i can post some good news that i have gotten through the drying process with no mold or mold smell and they are in jars in a cooler until my vapir rise 2.0 gets here around the 30th.

also i have a zeus smite vaporizer a friend gave me and i tried some of DRE last night and i was high . like losing my keys high and standing in bad shit on diablo high .
goin to save the rest for my vapir2.0 cuz i like balloons and not taking small draws.

SCORE!

Cheers friends of :420:
may all your days be green

Back
Top Bottom