ViparSpectra 60" x 60" x 80" Reflective 600D Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
Target atmosphere : 75 degrees F

WATER
All natural spring water from local spring

NUTRIENTS
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom
Grower's Honey Plant-Based Amino Acid Growth Fuel

The Plan
Both of the H.G.'s and one of the W.W.'s just turned 3 weeks old (from sprout). The other two W.W.'s just turned two weeks old.
Until now they were getting 24 hours of light under the T5 High Output. Today I switched over to the G8 LED and will continue to give 24 hours of light until flowering begins. At which point I plan to drop to an 18:6 light cycle.
The prolonged light period means more watering. I only use natural spring water. Broken down in two watering's per day. Once when I get up and once in the evening.
I haven't added any nutrients yet just what's already in the soil mixture. Today I want to start applying the Grower's Honey amino acids. When flowering begins I plan on using Fox Farm Tiger Bloom.

Would especially appreciate insights/experience on the effects of zero darkness. Was thinking about giving one of the W.W.'s 24 hours of light thru it's entire life, and compare to plants on the 18:6 cycle.
How often should you use the amino acids?
Also the best time to harvest? Right when amber trichomes start to appear?

1108200138.jpg
1108200141.jpg
1108200142a.jpg
1108200140.jpg
1108200140a (1).jpg
1108200142.jpg

nice start of journal @420Jagaloon perhaps taking pictures in natural light would help the members better.
The pink light doesn't really help. also, copy the url of this journal and past it in your signature box. Signature box is in the black menu bar. Click on your name then signature

Updated pics under natural light.
3 of the plants just hit day 30 and all three are beginning to sprout the pistils.

WW#1.jpg

HG#1.jpg

WW#2.jpg

HG#2.jpg

WW#3.jpg

nice, they look good!! how do you like your nutrients.

Thank you! It's just my second grow, Im learning and getting the hang of things.
I just started using the Tiger Bloom yesterday on the 3 in transition.
I ran out of my original amino acids and switched to Athena's Aminas from Nectar of the Gods and the plants definitely responded positively to that! Will be using those from now on, lol.

i've never used those products, but i know their for more advanced users. follow their schedule but at lower levels. Look at the plants sign and work accordingly and you should be fine. will you be doing any sort of training?

Gotcha! Thank you for the tip. I will pay close attention.
I trained them a little to space the tops out a little better. I've seen what people can accomplish with training and that's definitely something I want to get good at :laughtwo:

i would highly suggest on starting the low stress training "lsd" and start pushing big leaves aside so that the smaller branch developments get more light.

Ok! Do you recommend trimming fan leaves?

because your pictures are in gallery and not attached to the post i can't click on them and zoom in to have a better look.

Don't defoliate yet lets see how she looks when you bend a few branches to the side.
You have to be jentel and just like massaging a hot girl you want to be calm and slowly with two fingers just bring the branches down. You might have to warm her up to it and hold the branch for few min and then tie it down.
If you notice when you are moving a branch down and the entire main stem is coming to that side, then tie the main stem to the opposite side first.
be very jentel and try not to break a branch, cuz if you pull to much or to hard at beginning it can break.

here is a picture and i'll try to find you some more to give you a better idea.

just FYI, i don't suggest making a cut in the fiber pot as i did. When your watering it can leak from the cut side. It didnt bug me and i was just jentel with my watering methods.
2020-09-08 10.03.58.jpg

if you have a scrog net, it would make this easy as well as you can push the branches to different areas.
GOPR0032.JPG

Updated pics under natural light.
3 of the plants just hit day 30 and all three are beginning to sprout the pistils.

WW#1.jpg

HG#1.jpg

WW#2.jpg

HG#2.jpg

WW#3.jpg
They are looking real good! I would not do and trimming and not much in the way of training, they are growing nice as they are. Some like to train Auto's but you could shock or stunt them. I grew out 4 Auto's indoors last summer and yielded 14 ounces of dry cured bud, no training or trimming.

Nice plants Jag.
If you are going to trim any growth , start with the low stuff near the dirt.
Open that lower 1/4 up to fresh air. Make sure a fan is blowing at that level.
It appears , from reading numerous journals here in the forums and comments , most auto growers are doing some type of training. But some do nothing as Vegan says.
I am trying 3 Gorilla Glue auto’s now in soil ( up potted to 5 gal pots ) and tried 3 different training methods . Quad line. LST. I topped one.
I am barely into Day 40 but I see a lot of promise w/ all three methods.
Time will tell which works best.
:goodluck: I will check in on occasion.

because your pictures are in gallery and not attached to the post i can't click on them and zoom in to have a better look.

Don't defoliate yet lets see how she looks when you bend a few branches to the side.
You have to be jentel and just like massaging a hot girl you want to be calm and slowly with two fingers just bring the branches down. You might have to warm her up to it and hold the branch for few min and then tie it down.
If you notice when you are moving a branch down and the entire main stem is coming to that side, then tie the main stem to the opposite side first.
be very jentel and try not to break a branch, cuz if you pull to much or to hard at beginning it can break.

here is a picture and i'll try to find you some more to give you a better idea.

just FYI, i don't suggest making a cut in the fiber pot as i did. When your watering it can leak from the cut side. It didnt bug me and i was just jentel with my watering methods.
2020-09-08 10.03.58.jpg

if you have a scrog net, it would make this easy as well as you can push the branches to different areas.
GOPR0032.JPG
WOW!

Back
Top Bottom