Jari's Secret Garden - LED & HID - Soil Grow x4 Strains LST - Scrog!

You should read his other one too....when you have time. You room is-coming-together nicely now. I like your vents up into the attic...sweet!

420-magazine-mobile1557467716.jpg

Coming on nicely. I suspect the day or twos delay in germination is the fact I was athinking 17°C the first two days but stable at 20-21 right now with a USB powered fan that you can barely hear. The light being as low as it is will stop the stretching and keep temps where they're needed. All good stuff! Starts getting more interesting from here!

:thanks:

Sent from my SM-J320FN using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Indeed bro. Im in for the long haul. Still interested in your cheese too. That will be a sweet smoke. Its my second favourite strain behind Mazar.

You have a couple of others too and the more you ģet into flower the more you will pick up.

Barney's Farm - Critical Kush!

Critical Kush comes from a blend of the famous Critical Mass with our own OG Kush. This is an extremely vigorous and powerful Indica plant which yields huge amounts of strong Kush. You can take pleasure in its sticky feel, crystal covered buds, aromatic scent and don't forget the ultimate knockout stone. This new hybrid is a significant advance in modern marijuana breeding and its Indica dominant nature makes it ideal for relaxation, pain relief and late night smoking. You can expect flowers within 8 weeks from this medium height plant.

420-magazine-mobile266827573.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1785171183.jpg

Genetics-Critical Mass x OG Kush

Indica-100%

THC -25%

Indoor Yield (g)-650 gr/m²

Flowering Time (days)-55 - 60

Height (cm)-110cm

1st-Indoors / Hydro-at-Spannabis Champions Cup 2015

Barney's Farm - Blue Cheese!

This strain of Blue Cheese is one of the best and strongest on the market, and is guaranteed to knock your head off. This is an easy to grow strain, which creates an incredible yield of fragrant and tasty buds. The intense aged-cheese flavours are softened by a sweet blueberry aftertaste. The short stocky plant has strong side branches which develop heavy sticky colas in a short flowering period. Prepare to relax because this is a true sensation for Indica enthusiasts.

420-magazine-mobile1427359932.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1929695159.jpg

Genetics-Original Cheese x Blueberry

Indica 80%

Sativa 20%

THC 20%

Indoor Yield (g)-650 gr/m²

Flowering Time (days)-52 - 57

Height 100cm

Barney's Farm - Pineapple Chunk!

The crossing of our famous Pineapple with our Cheese & Skunk #1 strains has created this new extremely vigorous and stable plant. This mould and disease resistant plant brings together the essence and flavours of these three outstanding strains. The earthy Cheese & Skunk flavours are followed by a pineapple aftershock, giving this strain a delicious and unique taste. This plant has a high yield, with a powerful couch-lock effect.

420-magazine-mobile1246844042.jpg

Genetics-Pineapple x Skunk #1 x Cheese

Indica 80%

Sativa 20%

THC 25%

Indoor Yield (g)-600 gr/m²

Flowering Time (days)-55 - 60

Height 100cm

Sweet Seeds - Ice Cool

Sweet Seeds' Ice Cool is a hybrid species created from an upgrade of NYC Diesel and a variant of Indian genetics. This cannabis breed is renowned for its potency and a high grow of ultra-strong marijuana with uncommon, exotic flavor. Feminized marijuana seeds of this weed have mainly Sativa genes showing all characteristics of its kind.

420-magazine-mobile1042372640.jpg

420-magazine-mobile557980624.jpg

Genetics NYC Diesel x Indian

Indica 40%

Sativa 60%

Flowering Time (days) 64 - 72

Indoor Yield (g)-500 gr/m²

THC 22%.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Day 2 of seedling

I've removed 3 of the duds. It was my fault for not keeping the surface of the medium moist enough over tje firdt 2 days of germination but as 17/20 remain its fair to say the survivors are somewhat vetted.

On the plus side I will now have room for my 17" oscillator when these are in the 2.4 x 1.2?

I've removed the seeds from the 3 duds and used the 2.1L of free soil to fill the tops of the other 17x 0.7L pots I'm using. Will be keeping the surfaces very moist so the stems below can root out.

Misted the plants and walls a little to lock in moisture. Keeping temps between 21°C and 22°C inside the seedling cubby. 24-26°C in the flower tent. Humidity is between 50-60% for both. Humidity spikes once an hour to around 60% as the fans are only on for 45/60 mins per hour as well as fan speed controller being reducedeveloped as the temps have been 13°C in the flat today. One of then coldest days so fare this year!

420-magazine-mobile753714173.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1847518087.jpg

420-magazine-mobile419843542.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1005036707.jpg

Jari

I bloody hate autocorrect!

You will be glad of the extra space in the weeks to come Jari. Any reason you didn't use a propagator to start the seeds off?

50% is easy to maintain 60-70 when I mist twice a day.

Propagator also usually to tall to get cfls low down enough to halt the stretch and the plastic usually fades quite quickly under MH so I gave up on them.

Also means I can get the fan on them from day one and get them dancing! :D

Too many reasons mate :)

Jari

Fair enough...I prefer jiffy pellets for the first week in a dome under CFL's or t5's then I move to woodee pots still under the dome for another 10 days or so and then to their final resting place in the big pot. I only use a fan when I move to the big pots as I like to keep humidity between 80% to 90% for the first 17 to 20 days. Everyone is different however so whatever works

Jari, do what makes you happy man. I do have a good number of grows under my belt however and I'm just trying to be helpful. If you stress your plants too much in veg, growth will slow down to a crawl. You will see this soon. The plants just seem to stop growing for a period of time and then start again,casually a week or so. So by pushing them from when they are seedlings you are extending your grow time by a week or so.

The reason I do Jiffy pellets is they only have a tiny amount of nutrient in them which won't burn the young roots. I then put them into woody pots with soil. I do this because In the woodee pot they will have enough room to grow a proper bulb tap root. Roots grow through these pots so they are air pruned. Then by planting the entire pot in the big pot the roots pass through the pot and will form another bulb root thus having two in the pot. This enables the plant to take up more nutrients and have a much healthier root system. The pot breaks down in the soil into humus and makes th soil more fertile. Stressing your plants at seedling stage is very bad. When they are 3 or so weeks old you can top and lst but no stress before this point or it can screw up the entire grow.

I'm just passing on my experience, that's all.

If I didn't explains properly...the whole idea I use those woodee pots is because there will be no transplant shock or stress. That's the reason they are made

Yeah I think I've seen those pots and don't get my wrong my friend i wasn't disagreeing with you at all in fact your right, what I meant by low to moderate was pruning and defoliating, giving that extra day before a water, keeping the lights so close that they won't grow vertically until I let them, being a deliberate 10-15% so that they have time to adapt to the lower humidty. Some articles I've read state that a plant can swing it's preferences up or down marginally depending on the environment it's in. Once the girls are in bigger tents humidity will be a lot lower for a while so I prepare them for that. Also in these articles is a plant that has no/minimal stress will react more badly if a large stress even ocured later on.. does that make sense? So although I know the rule of thumb is to only introduce stress to plants between 3weeks - end of veg but I'm experimenting with hardening plants from the start. Also its more likely to reveal the weak phenos in the batch so if I'm desperstely short on room then I know who to experiment on / murder

Jari

Being deliberately 10-15% under preferred Humidity*

For the first 5-6 weeks the cheese vegged like a beast and I was already testing the theory a little, how's things on the Ireland bud? You getting this cold spell too? I'm actually running 2kw of heating right now just for the Cheese x Cheese to stay at 18°C +

Cold times haha

Jari

You make sense buddy but you have all the equipment not to stress your plants later. A happy plant is an unstressed plant...just like a happy verbal is an unstressed verbal, lol!

You have all the temp control etc etc so they won't stress later on. I even looked up your plant magic soil as I want sure it wa suitable for seedlings but it seems to be ok. Never ever stress your plants unless you have to...I.e. The move you just went through.

On your current grow you will create two root bulb systems however when you transplant you will see the leaves will droop a bit for a day or two. I just bypass those things by using th biodegradable pots.

Remember as little stress as possible, keep em moist and humid as possible and you will reap the rewards. Those articles you read are written by people who have stressed the shit out of their plants and are showing there is a way back.

The only time I would purposefully stress a plant is a couple of days to a week before harvest and I do that through a flush. This can create more tricombs but it's not guaranteed

Back
Top Bottom