Joe Grows In The Big Show

I think as long as you can get heat away from your tops you can bring lights rather close to your plants. Heat is the enemy not too much light.

The bulbs will only produce X number of lumens. The more you spread out the light the less PAR (photosynthetic active radiation) per square foot you have on the canopy. And don't forget about height, as that is subject to the inverse square rule, meaning that if you double the distance from the canopy, you get one quarter the useful light.

Good break down and read makes sense to even me

Lol maybe more of an inside joke to those who know me .

Happy New Years everyone ..

Good break down and read makes sense to even me

Lol maybe more of an inside joke to those who know me .

Happy New Years everyone ..
Thanks. Congrats on the nomination for MOTM. You got my vote friend. Good luck. Happy New year's

The room still isn't done but here's a peek at the babies.
8366f333cfb1e8453c05444f7ef76d34.jpg
0a4b2d7ce019c2511bc7b44c89ec38a5.jpg

Hows the room coming along Joe?
Slowly. Lol. My buddy has 2 houses. In his big house (his play house) is where we are building it. His wife doesn't know. So timing is key for the build so she doesn't strat getting suspicious. I can keep vegging these ladies here with my autos until we can get it done, but I wanna get it done and dialed in so bad.

I would be chomping at the bits lol
Oh I am. It's Driving me crazy. I've already been thinking of taking the 2 photos I started for that grow for my own tent and putting 1 in the DWC that should be here any day.

It's been quite awhile since I've posted any updates. I was hoping by now there would be an app again, but I guess not. I just started the final flush yesterday and did the preharvest trim. We have 2 strawberry sour diesel, 2 King Tut and 1 kilamangaro. 2 have 2 400w hps and I 600 w mars hydro led. I think before we start our next grow I'm gonna get stronger lights. Theses ladies aren't getting as big as I want. Not enough light I think. If I'm not mistaken the formula is something like .5 grams per 1 watt of light is a decent yeild correct? Is that per plant? Or do I add the total watts from all lights together and half of that would/should be the total yeild for total final weight? I just know my plants in the tent and under my solar system 550 seems to get bigger than these have. I just need a little help on figuring out if getting a 1000w hps/mh to add the the lights we already have would make a big enough difference in gains to be worth the money. Someone please help clarify this for me. Here some pics after last night session
20180723_195339.jpg
20180723_195336.jpg
20180723_195333.jpg
20180723_195330.jpg
20180723_195327.jpg
20180723_195324.jpg

1000w HPS should do the trick if you can deal with the heat.
Thanks PW. I know I shouldn't be counting my chickens before they hatch as they say, but I'm confused on how to add how many WATTS I have in my current setup. I want to know so I can keep track of this yeild and if I'm close to .5 per 1 watt or where I'm at. I know that since either have 2 400w hps, that's 800w total, but the marshydro led is 600w (132w actual draw) Do I use the 600w number to determine or since it's led do I use the actual draw wattage to determine? Do you understand what I'm trying to ask? Lol. Does my room have 400+400+600w or 400+400+132w? Not that it matters too much, but I really wanna know what I'm yeilding so I can improve. I wanna know if I'm getting .5 gram per watt or closer to 1 gram per watt of whatever.

Back
Top Bottom