Jorge Cervantes' or Ed Rosenthals' Bible?

The High Times Medical Cannabis Cup last weekend in San Francisco, CA was a big success. Hope you made it there. We will be posting videos from the fair on our youtube channel in the next weeks. Also, Thanks for discussing my work!

Jorge,
Your Grower's Bible and videos rock. Thanks for being such a great advocate for cannabis awareness and being out there on the front lines.

:bravo:

Gregg Green's bookis very good. It covers everything from seed to harvest.

Cervantes ALL THE WAY! I have both sets, Rosenthals and Cervantes... I read them both thoroughly! I reference Rosenthals bible for the pictures of the buds. But I prefer Cervantes because it's more detailed and it gives you a better grow from start to end! :lot-o-toke:

Thanks for the confirmation Captain! :thumb:

I'll be ordering a copy this week! I figure it couldn't hurt to have a reference guide handy just in case I ever run into any major issues. ;)

Cheers. :)

We started out with Jorge Cervantes book. A few weeks later attended a seminar by Ed Rosenthal and picked up his grow bible plus the Ask Ed book ( a compliation of questions from his column ). We have learned an amazing amount of info from the books and supplemented this with info from this website.

I personally prefer books over internet. Possibly because I didn't grow up with the internet and am more comfortable with something I can highlight, notate and hold in my hands.

Anyway, I think you should gather all the information you can by book, online, experience and from others. All knowlege is helpful and you never know when you will need some obscure bit of information.

I really like Soma's organic growing book called "Organic Marijuana Soma Style - The pleasures of Cultivating Connoisseur Cannabis" by Soma. It keeps things quite simple and gives a really good summary on how to successful pull off a 100% organic soil grow, and in my opinion organic soil is the way to go!

I have also read Ed's book as well as Jorge's and they are both very informative too. If you have the money I would get all three books! All three growers have different styles and opinions on different topics so I think it's a good idea to learn as much as you can and then find out what works best for you.

Knowledge is power!

:peace:

the rev from skunk mag. is coming out with a book that covers what he calls tlo or true living organics sometime soon to im thinking about getting. i also have seen the one by soma but havent heard anything about it i may have to check it out too.

Ed's book is more up to date than Cervantes' (e.g., George VanPatten). I also like Ed's up-front honesty and willingness not to hide behind a pseudo-name (though I can appreciate where VanPatten was coming from back in the Bush era).

The way I see it, the more information, the better. Get them all and educate yourself.

You know... I never did get that Cervantes bible! I ordered a copy from amazon and it arrived damaged. They shipped it in a bubble pack envelope and that was it! No cardboard!

Sent it back and asked for an exchange to be sent in a box! Second one came the same way and damaged just like the first. Called and complained and insisted on a boxed book to avoid this chronic shipping damage! Third one arrived in same envelope with the same shipping damage.

Sent it back for a refund and here I sit. Still no book! :(

Anyone got a suggestion on some place other than amazon.com to buy this book?

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

That's the problem with Amazon - so many fingers that no one is really communicating. Barnes and Noble offer a far better service. I've gotten all my books on cultivation through them. All have arrived in perfect condition.

That's the problem with Amazon - so many fingers that no one is really communicating. Barnes and Noble offer a far better service. I've gotten all my books on cultivation through them. All have arrived in perfect condition.

Thanks! Why didn't I think of that? :icon_roll

Isn't it ironic that I order practically everything from amazon.com cause we live in a remote area, but when it comes to buying the product that they atually started in business selling they totally suck and even after calling them, they still can't get it right?

I'll go check B&N right now!

Thank again!

fs book co.com is a good one too. i bought the ed rosenthal book from there and it came fast. it was shipped in a box plus it came with a list for other books. if you order $30 worth i think they have a list of free books or dvds you can pick from and i think they ship free but i cant remember for sure about that.

I went ahead and ordered both the Cervantes book AND Ed's book from B&N. I found a coupon code on the web that gave me 7% off with free shipping, so it ended up being just a few bucks more than amazon's prices.

All I can say is that these better come in a cardboard box and not another one of those flimsy envelopes!

Hello,

The Key to successful in any endeavor is "due diligence" (study and learn as much as you can BEFORE you begin growing)!!!! I think you should buy and READ both, they both are excellent sources of information. If your just starting out I would be hesitant to take the word of friends or well meaning strangers as they might be wrong or misinformed. This really depends on what you want out of your crop. If you just want to brag to your friends that you are a grower then GO, GO, GO, and ignore all of this. If you are wanting to produce a quality product then LEARN FIRST!!!

Best of Luck!

i just bought 3 books from amazon and all were packaged pretty well and undamaged.a mel frank and 2 greg green books. i havent read any of them yet, but will report back once i do on how they match up against jorge cervantes and eds books.

For those with an iPad or ereader, the grow books can also be downloaded from Barnes and Noble, Amazon, or iTunes (for your iBooks app).

Back
Top Bottom