Jorge Cervantes' or Ed Rosenthals' Bible?

I have Cervantes book and I love it. I ordered from Barnes and Noble. It came in a cardboard box and undamaged. I got free shipping with it because I joined and became a member. It was 25 bucks for a year membership I believe. They haven't disappointed me yet so I am gonna stick with them. But I will look into Rosenthal's book too.

Funny you should say that GG7 i had a similar problem got mine from diffrent place but still no refund on amazon. I have a couple of bibles all read cover to cover, Cervantes medical bible arrived, dont read the others now buy one and one only has to be Jorges.

I'm in Spain now and have been for several months. Good to see all my old mates there, Shantibaba, Ben and Ravi Dronkers, Henk van Dalen, Mila, etc.
Also traveled to Austria and the Netherlands. Lots going on in both places! Still have to keep it all quiet. More news later on this front.
My new DVD, Jorge Cervantes' Cannabis Expeditions: the Green Giants of California was just released. In less than a month it will be available at retail outlets and in hard copy on amazon.

Honestly, what do you need either book for when you have 420magazine behind you, along with the internet :) I've never read either book, everything I have learned about growing is free on the net.. :)

Clarke's botany book from 92 is amazing. JC's and ER's books and bibles along with Green's books and bible should be in the library of any self-respecting grower that uses physical books as references. That being said, I currently don't own any of them so the laptop and smart phone will have to do for the moment. I remember book or two in the late 1980's that were just copy paper with binders. Don't remember who's that was. As an apprentice of indoor in the early 1980's there was only the fat freddys cat reference material. And 21st survival.

Biology of Plants, 6th Edition (Raven, Evert, and Eichhorn), but get ready to go back and learn (or refresh yourself) in a few areas of study; nothing good is easy.
As far as the other books go, it's nice to see a pic of a plant health problem and have it say, "If you see this, then it's THAT." I want to know at a scientific level WHY it is doing that, and a very precise WHY, and to me all the grow books fall short of that.

Yes the botany books are where its at. Twenty years ago we found there was a way to retain and cultivate from small samples of dna from one of those books. Thought it was clarkes but might be the one with the 3 authors.

Back
Top Bottom