Jurf's First Grow: White Widow, Coco, Mars II 400W LED

One of my recent WWs (outdoor) went Hermie, my first one . / .

It didn't develop very well after the stamen opened and let out its pollen, but it was still pretty good smoke... I found three seeds on her during harvest. After about two weeks of no visible bud development I pulled it out (early)
420-magazine-mobile1958539845.jpg
Did you try smoke it?

Did you try smoke it?

Yeah it was pretty good.. would have been much better if it continued as a proper lady for a few more weeks though..
when I found out it was Hermie it was too late, the flower had opened and the plant was pollinated. I'm pretty sure as long as you stop the male flowers from opening and pollinating, the plant will continue to focus on buds, flowers and THC, rather than the taxing and costly process of making seeds. There's some products available that stimulate female hormones, like CANNA boost, but they are pretty damn expensive. Not sure if that would help, but might be an option.

I found an aphid on my plant (ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE) lol how long do those mofos take to populate? Is it too early to say i need ladybugs? Fml lol poor eivor is having a fucked up life!
Ladybugs are a inexpensive way of prevention for sure, just a few dollars for hundreds of them on amazon lol.✌

Looking good mate! Should be swelling nicely from here on. Keep an eye around the Calyx area of the stems for anything that isn't female, there's good images available for spotting the differences.
I can see a little aphid bugger!! Haha, keep a close eye on the under side of the leaves, wipe off with a damp paper towel any eggs / bugs. Maybe read up on Bud wash methods to avoid smoking / curing those little bastards

Could be yeah, I find coco up high on my plant sometimes too.. plants are looking great .
If I find something and not sure if it's an egg or a bug, I squeeze it. Generally bugs / eggs kinda burst between the fingers

Day 53

Gave a substantial defoliation. Im fairly sure many will think i overdid it, but theres not a good enough consensus about it, so i wanna experiment. Im not going to defoliate little nymph at all. Gonna leave her 100% au naturel, and Eivor is on the other side of the spectrum. Will be good to see what happens. I'm expecting her nugs to fatten up alot, and i'm hoping i wont have to harvest untill maybe day 85.

Anyway here she is.

Before
420-magazine-mobile1831581630.jpg

After
420-magazine-mobile1375783192.jpg

some bud shots
420-magazine-mobile2135647527.jpg

420-magazine-mobile889309138.jpg

she smells like my favourite weed. The weed i will always remember i used to sell. Mann... if that strain was white widow i'll be seriously happy.

Also, no sign of bugs lately. Happy about that. Also no sign of hermying either.

Question, btw. Would a major defoliation stress the plant enough in such a way that it contributes to the likelihood of hermying?

Great news that there's no further signs of hermaphroditism.

As for accidentally snipping off a bud, that doesn't surprise me. You do come from the rainy isle after all.

Back
Top Bottom