Just Thought I Would Give Everyone A Laugh

Stargazer32862

I was looking at the grow tents on Amazon and was reading about the one I have saved on my shopping list. I live in Indiana, a prohibitionist state. And the tent I have saved, (for growing tomatoes in case the local law enforcement are watching this forum) I noticed it was under "local shipment." So, they keep this in stock at the local Amazon warehouse a few miles from me. :rofl: I guess that tells me I'm not alone in this state.

Open up google and do a search using the search term below....

grow shops near (your city or the closest city)

I did that using Gary, Indiana and got a list of 16 hydroponic stores. A search for South Bend, Indiana came back with 30 hydroponic and garden centers.

Do that sort of google search for your area, write down the names and addresses of the ones within a convenient driving distance and do a relaxing drive to visit them. If it takes a few days so be it.

Walk in and look around. If sales staff comes up and asks if you want help say "nope, just looking around". No point in getting involved in a conversation at this point. Plus you want to weed out the stores that are mostly for outdoor flower and vegetable growers though it helps to know what they have on the shelf.

Then spend some time deciding whether you are going with soil or hydroponics. Research more on the different fertilizers and amendments and which companies have which ones. Get an idea of what the prices are.

And look at lights. Every store seems to have a unique line of lights that they like to handle. Just about every one of the stores should have switched over to selling types of LED lighting. Again, look at prices and what you will get for your money.

Inexpensive lighting is not necessarily bad but you will face limits that you will have to get used to. On the other hand, cheap or inexpensive fertilizers can prevent you from growing quality and quantity no matter how good your lights are.

The staff at the stores is not out to ruin your grow as some people claim. If you go in without an idea of what grow method you want to do then talking to them can be very confusing. It is really surprising how many new growers walk in and do not understand the growing process let alone what the basics are. They will decide to buy coco coir even though they do not know what it is and then buy fertilizers better suited for growing in soil. They will buy the cheapest pH pen even though they have no idea what the pH numbers mean but it sounds so scientific that it must be magic.

All of this is pretty much what I did except I did carry a list of soil amendments and additives with me and I wanted to know where to buy what.

Open up google and do a search using the search term below....

grow shops near (your city or the closest city)

I did that using Gary, Indiana and got a list of 16 hydroponic stores. A search for South Bend, Indiana came back with 30 hydroponic and garden centers.

Do that sort of google search for your area, write down the names and addresses of the ones within a convenient driving distance and do a relaxing drive to visit them. If it takes a few days so be it.

Walk in and look around. If sales staff comes up and asks if you want help say "nope, just looking around". No point in getting involved in a conversation at this point. Plus you want to weed out the stores that are mostly for outdoor flower and vegetable growers though it helps to know what they have on the shelf.

Then spend some time deciding whether you are going with soil or hydroponics. Research more on the different fertilizers and amendments and which companies have which ones. Get an idea of what the prices are.

And look at lights. Every store seems to have a unique line of lights that they like to handle. Just about every one of the stores should have switched over to selling types of LED lighting. Again, look at prices and what you will get for your money.

Inexpensive lighting is not necessarily bad but you will face limits that you will have to get used to. On the other hand, cheap or inexpensive fertilizers can prevent you from growing quality and quantity no matter how good your lights are.

The staff at the stores is not out to ruin your grow as some people claim. If you go in without an idea of what grow method you want to do then talking to them can be very confusing. It is really surprising how many new growers walk in and do not understand the growing process let alone what the basics are. They will decide to buy coco coir even though they do not know what it is and then buy fertilizers better suited for growing in soil. They will buy the cheapest pH pen even though they have no idea what the pH numbers mean but it sounds so scientific that it must be magic.

All of this is pretty much what I did except I did carry a list of soil amendments and additives with me and I wanted to know where to buy what.
Thanks for the advice but if I did have a grow, my son-in-law would kick me out of the house. If I was living in a state that would aloud me to grow, I would qualify for a medical card, I would grow my own and make my own RSO. But my daughter swears that she is paid too much for her line of work and thinks she wouldn't get paid more than what she is making now in a cannabis-friendly state. I told her over and over that with her brains she should pick out a career that she could get a job anywhere in the US no matter what state she went to. But do kids listen...nope! Have you ever, in your life, known someone that had half the intelligence that you wished you had and picked out a job that pays pennies when you know they could make more if they just used their brain? I have to tell myself over and over to NOT kill my daughter.

Just pointing out that you are not alone down there in Indiana. The stuff you need for growing is available in the state no matter how repressive the state legislature might be when it comes to Marijuana possession and use. The tent is available as a local shipment and so are all the other supplies because owning the equipment is legal. The only thing that would be illegal is growing your weed plants.

I have to go to the area grow and hydroponic stores around here since they are a better source for gardening supplies and they are better priced than the few traditional gardening stores.

If you are in the South Bend Area , you know the ropes on this question. Just a few miles over the Michigan line and shops abound. Gary as well as being on the ILL line. Look into central IN and not so many shops, same deal over here in Ohio. Had one here and it was closed or out of business. Online is where it is at anyway. In Michigan you can buy cheaper than I can grow it, or at least very close.

If you are in the South Bend Area , you know the ropes on this question. Just a few miles over the Michigan line and shops abound. Gary as well as being on the ILL line. Look into central IN and not so many shops, same deal over here in Ohio. Had one here and it was closed or out of business. Online is where it is at anyway. In Michigan you can buy cheaper than I can grow it, or at least very close.
I'm pretty close to the Illinois line. It's one and a half-hour drive one way but Illinois prices are insane. $25 for a candy bar and that's before tax! The cheapest vape cart is $90 for 1 gram! Their flower has gone through the roof. The price hike came after the Gov of Kentucky wrote his executive orders pardoning anyone caught with less than 8 oz. of weed. I wish Indiana would do that but as long as the GOP is in charge, it will never be legal. So I'm hoping it will pass federally. Rep. Mace made a deal with the house speaker to have a vote for legalization as long as she backs his budget. That is had you negotiate. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. If they want to pay off the national debt, they can put a federal tax on cannabis. They are going to tax it anyway.

In Michigan you can buy cheaper than I can grow it, or at least very close.
The last I read was that the price per ounce had dropped to $80 and over the past two months has been fluctuating in the mid $80s. Still lower than what it costs the commercial growers.

Rep. Mace made a deal with the house speaker to have a vote for legalization as long as she backs his budget. That is had you negotiate. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.
Yep, that is how a compromise works.

So I'm hoping it will pass federally. If they want to pay off the national debt, they can put a federal tax on cannabis. ......They are going to tax it anyway.
I disagree about letting the feds have a tax in this situation. The feds need to reschedule Cannabis and then step away and keep out of any federal level taxes. If we let them "tax it anyway" they will add their tax on top of local and state taxes. There is no way the state governments and local municipalities will give up their taxes just because the feds are "taxing anyway".

Stavo guardando le tende da coltivazione su Amazon e stavo leggendo di quella che ho salvato nella mia lista della spesa. Vivo in Indiana, uno stato proibizionista. E la tenda che ho salvato (per coltivare pomodori nel caso in cui le forze dell'ordine locali stiano guardando questo forum) ho notato che era sotto "spedizione locale". Quindi, lo tengono in magazzino presso il magazzino locale di Amazon a pochi chilometri da me. :rofl: Immagino che questo mi dica che non sono solo in questo stato.
Indiana, state of bubblegum strain, good strain!

Thanks for the advice but if I did have a grow, my son-in-law would kick me out of the house. If I was living in a state that would aloud me to grow, I would qualify for a medical card, I would grow my own and make my own RSO. But my daughter swears that she is paid too much for her line of work and thinks she wouldn't get paid more than what she is making now in a cannabis-friendly state. I told her over and over that with her brains she should pick out a career that she could get a job anywhere in the US no matter what state she went to. But do kids listen...nope! Have you ever, in your life, known someone that had half the intelligence that you wished you had and picked out a job that pays pennies when you know they could make more if they just used their brain? I have to tell myself over and over to NOT kill my daughter.

sounds like you need your own place. all that would be too much friction for me.

I disagree about letting the feds have a tax in this situation. The feds need to reschedule Cannabis and then step away and keep out of any federal level taxes. If we let them "tax it anyway" they will add their tax on top of local and state taxes. There is no way the state governments and local municipalities will give up their taxes just because the feds are "taxing anyway".

that's what has occurred here. the black market is still fairly strong as they undercut the legal business now. dispensary owners can't catch a break and all the taxes ensure they won't be able to compete.

Just pointing out that you are not alone down there in Indiana. The stuff you need for growing is available in the state no matter how repressive the state legislature might be when it comes to Marijuana possession and use. The tent is available as a local shipment and so are all the other supplies because owning the equipment is legal. The only thing that would be illegal is growing your weed plants.

I have to go to the area grow and hydroponic stores around here since they are a better source for gardening supplies and they are better priced than the few traditional gardening stores.
I know. If I could afford my own place I would. But living with my daughter does have its perks. She's my drinking buddy!

The last I read was that the price per ounce had dropped to $80 and over the past two months has been fluctuating in the mid $80s. Still lower than what it costs the commercial growers.

Yep, that is how a compromise works.

That just shows you how desperate I am for pain control. I'm currently popping ibuprofen like crazy, my daughter gave me some of her Gabapentin, and I'm going through a Delta 8 cart every two weeks. And it use to last me a month. She bitches because I drank two bottles of her Jam Jar wine. I guess I will have to replace them.

sounds like you need your own place. all that would be too much friction for me.

that's what has occurred here. the black market is still fairly strong as they undercut the legal business now. dispensary owners can't catch a break and all the taxes ensure they won't be able to compete.
I wouldn't know anyone with the black market here. My daughter swore she saw a blunt in the parking lot of a gas station on the east end of town. I told her she should have picked it up for me! I'm living in a desert of prohibition surrounded by green states. And every vape shop except one sells Delta 8 here.

No one will talk about it cause the entire General Assembly get their campaigns donated to by some private companies that make more money if cannabis stayed illegal. A dispensary out of Michigan hired an attorney to lobby for them to try to push legalization through. And the attorney said that there wasn't much interest in the legalization of the plant. But Bell University conducted a survey and they said that 65% of the voters of Indiana want it legalized. Someone has their wires crossed.

Nessuno ne parlerà perché l'intera Assemblea Generale si fa donare le proprie campagne da alcune società private che guadagnano di più se la cannabis rimane illegale. Un dispensario del Michigan ha assunto un avvocato per fare pressioni affinché cercassero di far passare la legalizzazione. E l'avvocato ha detto che non c'era molto interesse per la legalizzazione della pianta. Ma la Bell University ha condotto un sondaggio e ha affermato che il 65% degli elettori dell'Indiana vuole che sia legalizzato. Qualcuno ha i fili incrociati.
☹️

Back
Top Bottom