I love growing, but I have too much: what to do?

Rickstertp

Has anyone run into this yet? I did my very first ever grow with two plants and had a reasonable harvest. About 7 and a half ounces. Right now my wife is abstaining and this is enough to last me probably a year. Having said that, I am hooked on the gardening and have already bought a bigger tent and bigger LED light to fit, but if I start another grow (which I am itching to do) I'm going to have way more than I need. I'll turn some into some strong oil (it takes a HUGE amount for edibles to work for me) and after that, I'm at a loss.

I am in a backwards state and I'm not going to sell it and I don't have any local relatives who use, so has anyone else had this problem?

Yup. I am accumulating lots of left overs from previous grows. I just vacume seal it and throw it in a corner to be forgotten.

I'll have to look into tinctures. Edibles work great for my wife, but a 10mg dose is perfect for her. On the other hand, I have taken up to 300mg dose of edible (gel caps from a dispensary) with very little effect felt. Do tinctures bypass the liver?

Has anyone run into this yet? I did my very first ever grow with two plants and had a reasonable harvest. About 7 and a half ounces. Right now my wife is abstaining and this is enough to last me probably a year. Having said that, I am hooked on the gardening and have already bought a bigger tent and bigger LED light to fit, but if I start another grow (which I am itching to do) I'm going to have way more than I need. I'll turn some into some strong oil (it takes a HUGE amount for edibles to work for me) and after that, I'm at a loss.

I am in a backwards state and I'm not going to sell it and I don't have any local relatives who use, so has anyone else had this problem?

Uh what beauty of a problem,really exotic problem heh :)

Sometimes I give my excess to homeless folks. The ones here panhandle for drug money, so i could give a dollar towards getting high on gawd knows what tainted street drug or hand out a few doobies that cost me .02 and they're VERY happy about it.
After a few cycles i start thinning out the lesser stuff and put it aside. There's one old rasta guy with a prosthetic leg who just looks so pained limping down the sidewalk but he sure feels a little better after i drive off and that's cool. Feels good cheering up those down and out.

Hello buddy!

I wish I could make 7oz last me a year :laugh: I can go through an oz if not more a week when I'm really suffering :rofl: but I do know how you feel, when I first started I I got little to nothing and the second real grow I had I had more than enough.

I would say jar 1/4 of your yield and make the rest into concentrates/edibles to store away, I'm doing something similar at the moment as I plan to not grow as much next year so half of my yield will go towards being cured and the other half into a concentrate of sorts.

Are there any veterans clubs in your community?
Also, most chefs are stoners and would love something to experiment with in the kitchen that doesn't cost a fortune. I have a few chef friends that love a bag of trim here and there. Also a suprising amount of elderly here who love a little relief but don't know who to ask, etc.

I’ve made friends with a really good barber and we trade 1/4 oz. bud for a haircut
and a shave. He is extremely happy with this arrangement as am I.
about once a month I give him a call to set up a appointment he’s always happy
to here from me? I wonder y.
That's a helluva deal! My barber charges $25 for shave and haircut and an 8th goes for $50 here. Of course that quarter cost you like $2 so it's a great deal for you too! I used to trade a doobie for a slice of pizza down at the beach too. This stuff is like currency man!

A few states had such an excess from what i understand they destroyed and wasted it when it could have been used for cancer patients of made into oil and stored by the state.And in my book having to much cannabis is like hitting the lottery!

I have the same issue... I have over 4 ounces leftover from over a year ago and I harvested over 22 ounces in September. I only vape at night before bed. I give it away to people that I work with and other friends and relatives. Sharing goes a long way (good karma)... I store my stash in quart mason jars with 62% boveda humid packs. I just bought some high CBD Industrial hemp seeds, gonna start growing the CBD to help scratch that farming itch... I am also going to try growing some vegetables and strawberries in my indoor grow space just to keep my hobby going.

I am also going to try growing some vegetables and strawberries in my indoor grow space just to keep my hobby going.
try some hydroponic cucumbers

try some hydroponic cucumbers
I have some heirloom pickling cucumber seeds I will try. I am into the Living organic soil thing, easy peasy... And I have several thousand worms making me some Magic Unicorn poop...

Back
Top Bottom